PDA

View Full Version : Re: How about this for an off-road bike

July 15th 03, 09:41 PM
Good one, it'll keep them busy repairing punctures in the middle of a war...

"PodgeMaster" > wrote in message
.. .
> http://www.hummerbikes.com/military.html, what do you think?
> I will stick to my current bike, I think.

Not me, someone else
July 15th 03, 10:03 PM
PodgeMaster deftly scribbled:

> http://www.hummerbikes.com/military.html, what do you think?

Good grief ..

> I will stick to my current bike, I think.

Heheheh, ditto .. ;)

--
Digweed

Johnny Klunk
July 15th 03, 10:09 PM
> "PodgeMaster" > wrote in message
> .. .
> > http://www.hummerbikes.com/military.html, what do you think?
> > I will stick to my current bike, I think.

"Tactical Mountain Bike"
Yep, stick the word "Tactical" before anything and there's a certain
demographic that will buy it. WTF is a Tactical Mountain Bike anyway? Is
it like a Tactical nuclear strike? A tactical retreat?

Tomorrow, I look forward to putting on my tactical pants, my tactical shorts
and shirt and tactically cycling my // Tactical Hybrid(tm) // to work.
Following a tactical route and employing latest tactical manouvers to avoid
tatical enemy mercedes.

Jim Price
July 15th 03, 11:10 PM
Default wrote:

> Good one, it'll keep them busy repairing punctures in the middle of a war...

If its like the MDCP[1], then at least you can just press a button to
inflate the tyres after you've fixed the puncture.

[1] The original Humvee is too big to be a mobile death greenhouse, more
a crystal palace.

--
Jim Price

http://www.jimprice.dsl.pipex.com

Aye!.

Tim Cain
July 15th 03, 11:35 PM
"Johnny Klunk" > wrote in message

> > "PodgeMaster" > wrote in message
> > .. .
> > > http://www.hummerbikes.com/military.html, what do you think?
> > > I will stick to my current bike, I think.
> > >

> "Tactical Mountain Bike"
> Yep, stick the word "Tactical" before anything and there's a certain
> demographic that will buy it. WTF is a Tactical Mountain Bike anyway? Is
> it like a Tactical nuclear strike? A tactical retreat?
>
> Tomorrow, I look forward to putting on my tactical pants, my tactical
shorts
> and shirt and tactically cycling my // Tactical Hybrid(tm) // to work.
> Following a tactical route and employing latest tactical manouvers to
avoid
> tatical enemy mercedes.

Will you now?

Well, everything I do, wear and use tomorrow will
be *strategic*, so under the ancient laws of
"Top Trumps"(tm), I've already won.

Commiserations etc,

Tim.

---

Spencer Bullen
July 16th 03, 04:10 AM
Hmm, tactical. Another popular buzz word is rugged; my dictionary describes
that as being "rough and hairy".

"Johnny Klunk" > wrote in message

> > "PodgeMaster" > wrote in message
> > .. .
> > > http://www.hummerbikes.com/military.html, what do you think?
> > > I will stick to my current bike, I think.
> > >

> "Tactical Mountain Bike"
> Yep, stick the word "Tactical" before anything and there's a certain
> demographic that will buy it. WTF is a Tactical Mountain Bike anyway? Is
> it like a Tactical nuclear strike? A tactical retreat?
>
> Tomorrow, I look forward to putting on my tactical pants, my tactical
shorts
> and shirt and tactically cycling my // Tactical Hybrid(tm) // to work.
> Following a tactical route and employing latest tactical manouvers to
avoid
> tatical enemy mercedes.

Johnny Klunk
July 16th 03, 07:07 AM
> Will you now?
>
> Well, everything I do, wear and use tomorrow will
> be *strategic*, so under the ancient laws of
> "Top Trumps"(tm), I've already won.
>
> Commiserations etc,
>
> Tim.

Doh. Damn you Sun Tzu and your ancient arts.

martin
July 16th 03, 11:09 AM
"Johnny Klunk" > wrote in message >...

> "Tactical Mountain Bike"
> Yep, stick the word "Tactical" before anything and there's a certain
> demographic that will buy it.
A bit like "Technical" as seen on Tog 24 clothing. Also Tog 24 is only
available in "designer retail factory outlets" aka shops in disused
railway works/barns/docks etc etc. Not bad stuff for the money though.

Tim Cain
July 16th 03, 07:49 PM
"Bryan" > wrote in message
> Johnny Klunk wrote:
> > > Will you now?
> > >
> > > Well, everything I do, wear and use tomorrow will be *strategic*, so
> > > under the ancient laws of "Top Trumps"(tm), I've already won.
> > >
> > > Commiserations etc,
> > >
> > > Tim.
> > >
> > Doh. Damn you Sun Tzu and your ancient arts.
>

> I'd prefer one of these myself :-)
>
> http://www.hanebrink.net/etb/index.html

Apart from the $$$ pricetag, those actually look like
they'd be fun & different to ride.

Tim.

---

Thomas
July 16th 03, 11:06 PM
"PodgeMaster" > wrote in message
.. .
> http://www.hummerbikes.com/military.html, what do you think?
> I will stick to my current bike, I think.

Wow, and a nice and secure "Restricted Area" on the website as well. *sigh*

Dave
July 17th 03, 02:23 PM
"Tim Cain" > wrote in message

> > > Doh. Damn you Sun Tzu and your ancient arts.
> >

> > I'd prefer one of these myself :-)
> >
> > http://www.hanebrink.net/etb/index.html
> >

> Apart from the $$$ pricetag, those actually look like
> they'd be fun & different to ride.
>
> Tim.

Yeah but........imagine the drag on those wheels!!!...good exercise machine
though. Cadence = -10 ;-)
Dave.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home