PDA

View Full Version : Re: hefty rider

Bryan
July 16th 03, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by Doobrie
>im using cycling as part of my overall get fit healthy and lighter
>>plan along with swimming, walking and diet ... im currently 22 stone 6
>pound and wondered if im on my own being one of the hefty rider variety
>seeing as so many of the shops dont cater for larger people?

Keep up the good work. I completely agree with you on the sizing
problem, not being small myself. Why do manufacturers assume all
cyclists are skinny? :-)

>also, anyone have pointers for the insert type cycle shorts that are
>sold in large sizes as i could certainly do with some aid in comfort
>... the xxl ones ive seen on some sites are for a waist of approx 38-40
>and thats not quite realistic!

The ones I got last time Lidl had a special offer on where on teh large
side, so I would suggest you try there, they're cheap as well.

Bryan

Peter Connolly
July 16th 03, 04:13 PM
"doobrie" > wrote in message
. ..
> im using cycling as part of my overall get fit healthy and lighter plan
> along with swimming, walking and diet ... im currently 22 stone 6 pound
> and wondered if im on my own being one of the hefty rider variety seeing
> as so many of the shops dont cater for larger people?
>
> also, anyone have pointers for the insert type cycle shorts that are
> sold in large sizes as i could certainly do with some aid in comfort ...
> the xxl ones ive seen on some sites are for a waist of approx 38-40 and
> thats not quite realistic!

XXL shorts from Decathlon work for me (similar physique!). Don't bother with
their XXL technical T-Shirts....they were designed for XXL midgets.

HTH,

Pete.
Derby.

Bill
July 16th 03, 06:05 PM
doobrie > wrote in message
. ..

> also selling some cycling gloves @ £1.99 so try them too ... and and and
> - this cycling malarky could get out of 'and!!

If they are the same gloves as last time they are OK. Probably wouldn't
suit the equipment fetish element, but for the recreational rider they are
fine.

I bought one of their breathable cycling jackets for £9:99 last time. It is
lighter, and as good as my Goretex. I sweat up in both of them bye the way.

Bill

wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX
July 18th 03, 07:14 AM
>sure, im up for it ... i fancy being kitted out with a new road bike and
>normal size cycling kit by next spring, hopefully have a major portion
>of it shifted by year end ;)

Hehehehe.... and with me being fatbirdonabike on the long and winding road to
becoming slightlypodgybirdonabike, we could make up a team for next year's TdF
;-)

Cheers, helen s

~~~~~~~~~~
This is sent from a redundant email
Mail sent to it is dumped
My correct one can be gleaned from
h$**$*$el$**e$n$**$d$**$o$*$t**$$s$**$im$mo$ns*@a$ **o$l.c$$*o$*m*$
by getting rid of the overdependence on money and fame
~~~~~~~~~~

Doesnotcompute
July 18th 03, 09:26 AM
wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX wrote:
>>sure, im up for it ... i fancy being kitted out with a new road bike and
>>normal size cycling kit by next spring, hopefully have a major portion
>>of it shifted by year end ;)
>

> Hehehehe.... and with me being fatbirdonabike on the long and winding road to
> becoming slightlypodgybirdonabike, we could make up a team for next year's TdF
> ;-)

Excellent - I'll order the Pizza - you get the popcorn and doobrie can
provide the TV and sofa space.... :)

--
Dnc

wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX
July 19th 03, 08:53 AM
>make it an all the meats pizza and you got a deal !! ;)

Can I have prawns & black olives on mine??? Please???

Cheers, helen s

This is sent from a redundant email
Mail sent to it is dumped
My correct one can be gleaned from
by getting rid of the overdependence on money and fame

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home