PDA

View Full Version : Mobile phones. This is bound to brass the motorists off.

andrew
July 16th 03, 09:20 PM
Read the Governments reply to contributors on the new law on Mobiles.

Greatly amused to see it would not be extended to cyclists as it was not
seen as a problem area.

Yes, this means we can quite legally ride round jabbering away holding our
mobiles but it will be illegal for car drivers.

And quite right too.

--
Andrew

"Look laddie, if you're in the penalty area and aren't quite sure what to do
with the ball, just stick it in the net and we'll discuss all your options
afterwards."

Simon Proven
July 16th 03, 11:13 PM
Mark South wrote:

> "Simon Proven" > wrote in message
>
>>andrew wrote:
>>

>>>Read the Governments reply to contributors on the new law on
>
> Mobiles.
>
>>>Greatly amused to see it would not be extended to cyclists as it was
>
> not
>
>>>seen as a problem area.
>>>
>>>Yes, this means we can quite legally ride round jabbering away
>
> holding our
>
>>>mobiles but it will be illegal for car drivers.
>>
>>>And quite right too.
>>
>>Nice troll.
>

> ITYM "Nice grey-bearded, long-in-the-tooth,
> bent-over-walking-with-a-stick troll".

Aye - but I thought I was reading uk.transport. :-)

Simon

Richard Goodman
July 16th 03, 11:25 PM
"Simon Proven" > wrote in message
> andrew wrote:
>
> > Read the Governments reply to contributors on the new law on Mobiles.
> >
> > Greatly amused to see it would not be extended to cyclists as it was not
> > seen as a problem area.
> >
> > Yes, this means we can quite legally ride round jabbering away holding
our
> > mobiles but it will be illegal for car drivers.
>
> > And quite right too.
>
> Nice troll.

Nah, it'd only be a troll if he'd cross-posted to uk.t just to wind them
up..

Rich

andrew
July 17th 03, 09:32 PM
"Gonzalez" > wrote in message
> Richard Goodman wrote:
>
> >Nah, it'd only be a troll if he'd cross-posted to uk.t just to wind them
> >up..
>
> Let's see then. I'll post it to uk.trasport and uk.rec.driving and
> see what happens.

Trolling? Not *really*. It is factually acurate & as pointed out I didn't
x-post.

Did anyone x-post it? I don't ssem to have those NG on my server.

--
Andrew

"Look laddie, if you're in the penalty area and aren't quite sure what to do
with the ball, just stick it in the net and we'll discuss all your options
afterwards."

> --
> remove remove to reply

July 19th 03, 02:18 PM
In article >,
andrew > wrote:
>Read the Governments reply to contributors on the new law on Mobiles.
>
>Greatly amused to see it would not be extended to cyclists as it was not
>seen as a problem area.
>
>Yes, this means we can quite legally ride round jabbering away holding our
>mobiles but it will be illegal for car drivers.

A couple of days ago as I was cycling to work I crossed the path of
another cyclist on Broad Street in Oxford who appeared to be texting
on her mobile as she cycled along.

Whether she made it to the end of the road unharmed this witness
cannot say, as he turned off Broad Street to cut through to the High.

Phil

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home