PDA

View Full Version : Aldi

Bill
July 17th 03, 12:22 PM
A double barreled footpump for car, motorbike, caravan, inflatable boat etc,
a new cycle computer, a mini pump and a new top in yellow to match my road
bike and a carrier bag all for 16 notes. Can't be bad.

When they had their last cycle gear special a few months ago, one of our
colonial cousins in a resplendent turban, filled a trolly with clothing. He
just grabbed everything. When he got to the checkout they refused to serve
him as it was obvious they were for resale. They only let him have two of
everything, which he refused and stormed out of the store. He may have been
embarrased by the applause.

Bill

Dave
July 17th 03, 02:01 PM
"Bill" > wrote in message
> A double barreled footpump for car, motorbike, caravan, inflatable boat
etc,
> a new cycle computer, a mini pump and a new top in yellow to match my road
> bike and a carrier bag all for 16 notes. Can't be bad.

Bugger!!, there I was wondering around Lidl this morning, surprised to find
absolutely no cycling gear at all following the announcement on this NG a
few weeks ago about the imminent bonanza to be had at Lidls....er Aldi...er
roight, I'll get me bike....

> When they had their last cycle gear special a few months ago, one of our
> colonial cousins in a resplendent turban,

<snip>

Haven't heard that one for a while Bill......obviously slept through the
clock ticking over into the 21st century, eh ;-)....or as my parents are
fond of saying....' Ar, 'e was a paki, nice bloke though...', to wit our
response is usually something along the lines of...'Ar, nearly as good as us
then ?....'

Bill

Dave.

Peter Clinch
July 17th 03, 02:12 PM
Dave wrote:

> Haven't heard that one for a while Bill......obviously slept through the
> clock ticking over into the 21st century, eh ;-)....or as my parents are
> fond of saying....' Ar, 'e was a paki, nice bloke though...', to wit our
> response is usually something along the lines of...'Ar, nearly as good as us
> then ?....'

Did you catch the Archers episode of Usha's birthday party? Usha's
auntie Satya had recruited numerous eligible chaps to pop by in her
version of Speed Dating, one of who got chatting to Bert Fry while in
the queue to say hello to Usha...

"Well, 'ow long have you been over 'ere then?"
"Well, the traffic in Brum was terrible, so I didn't get here until
about 7..."

Priceless!

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch University of Dundee
Tel 44 1382 660111 ext. 33637 Medical Physics, Ninewells Hospital

stratton
July 17th 03, 04:06 PM
wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX wrote:
> I got a yellow top + some shorts pour moi. Nathan was bought shorts &
> top. Vernon didn't want any stuff. Got one of the foot pumps & some
> of the yellow lensed specs too.

Do all Aldi stores stock these or is it just the bigger ones?

stratton

wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX
July 17th 03, 04:11 PM
>Do all Aldi stores stock these or is it just the bigger ones?
>
>stratton

Should be all - as it's the weekly specials.

Cheers, helen s

~~~~~~~~~~
This is sent from a redundant email
Mail sent to it is dumped
My correct one can be gleaned from
h$**$*$el$**e$n$**$d$**$o$*$t**$$s$**$im$mo$ns*@a$ **o$l.c$$*o$*m*$
by getting rid of the overdependence on money and fame
~~~~~~~~~~

wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX
July 17th 03, 04:36 PM
>Do you think there will be stock left tomorrow?
>
>stratton

Shall I peer into my crystal ball??? ;-)

Seriously - I haven't a clue. Certainly the one in King's Lynn was nowhere near
as busy first thing this morning as it was on last year's cycling special.

Cheers, helen s

~~~~~~~~~~
This is sent from a redundant email
Mail sent to it is dumped
My correct one can be gleaned from
h$**$*$el$**e$n$**$d$**$o$*$t**$$s$**$im$mo$ns*@a$ **o$l.c$$*o$*m*$
by getting rid of the overdependence on money and fame
~~~~~~~~~~

stratton
July 17th 03, 04:46 PM
wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX wrote:
>> Do you think there will be stock left tomorrow?
>>
>> stratton
>
> Shall I peer into my crystal ball??? ;-)

Yes please - and while your there next weeks lottery numbers and accurate
weather forecast please.;-))

> Seriously - I haven't a clue. Certainly the one in King's Lynn was
> nowhere near as busy first thing this morning as it was on last
> year's cycling special.

Just wondered if they had loads of gear or just enough to satisfy the early
birds. Thanks for your replys, I'll try Cambridge tomorrow.

stratton

Dave
July 17th 03, 04:52 PM
"wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX" > wrote in message
> I got a yellow top + some shorts pour moi. Nathan was bought shorts & top.
> Vernon didn't want any stuff. Got one of the foot pumps & some of the
yellow
> lensed specs too.
>
> Cheers, helen s
>

> ~~~~~~~~~~
> This is sent from a redundant email
> Mail sent to it is dumped
> My correct one can be gleaned from
> h$**$*$el$**e$n$**$d$**$o$*$t**$$s$**$im$mo$ns*@a$ **o$l.c$$*o$*m*$
> by getting rid of the overdependence on money and fame
> ~~~~~~~~~~

Watch out for the yellow lensed specs. I've got some with interchangeable,
dark/yellow/clear. Dark is great on sunny days when out in the sun, yellow
is good for cloudy days, actually appears to make everything lighter, clear
good for dark or riding through forests.
I use 'em when either on or off-roading. I made the mistake of using the
yellows when off-roading, through forests on a really sunny day.
Unfortunately, as I went from extreme brightness of fire roads etc into
forest shade, everything goes silhouette-y <s?- made up word anyway>. Best
to use clear if you're likely to be moving between bright / dark during
ride.
Cheers,
Dave.

wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX
July 17th 03, 05:14 PM
>Yes please - and while your there next weeks lottery numbers and accurate
>weather forecast please.;-))

Hah! The lottery numbers are mine, all mine!!

Cheers, helen s

~~~~~~~~~~
This is sent from a redundant email
Mail sent to it is dumped
My correct one can be gleaned from
h$**$*$el$**e$n$**$d$**$o$*$t**$$s$**$im$mo$ns*@a$ **o$l.c$$*o$*m*$
by getting rid of the overdependence on money and fame
~~~~~~~~~~

wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX
July 17th 03, 05:15 PM
>yellow
>is good for cloudy days

That's why I got them. Got okay normal shades for the bright sun - and these
are for the cloudy times.

Cheers, helen s

~~~~~~~~~~
This is sent from a redundant email
Mail sent to it is dumped
My correct one can be gleaned from
h$**$*$el$**e$n$**$d$**$o$*$t**$$s$**$im$mo$ns*@a$ **o$l.c$$*o$*m*$
by getting rid of the overdependence on money and fame
~~~~~~~~~~

W K
July 17th 03, 06:27 PM
"stratton" > wrote in message
> wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX wrote:
> >> Do all Aldi stores stock these or is it just the bigger ones?
> >>
> >> stratton
> >
> > Should be all - as it's the weekly specials.
> >
> > Cheers, helen s
> >

> Do you think there will be stock left tomorrow?

From experience, all the good stuff has gone by the evening.
This may depend on how many cyclists there are in the area and how much
people are used to this.

OTOH I see relatively few cyclists in my town and the stuff cleared out
quickly.

James Hodson
July 18th 03, 02:23 AM
On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 16:46:26 +0100, "stratton"
> wrote:

>Yes please - and while your there next weeks lottery numbers and accurate
>weather forecast please.;-))

My local newsagent and National Lottery - sorry, Lotto - ticket seller
promised my that my ticket was full of winning numbers. Well, he was
reasonably correct. Sadly, those few winning numbers were for the
Thunderball and not for the regular "D'you really think you're going
to win?" draw.

Just my £2.00

Foiled again.
James

PS I forecast some weather.

martin
July 18th 03, 10:48 AM
"W K" > wrote in message >...

> > > Should be all - as it's the weekly specials.
> > >
> > > Cheers, helen s
> > >

> > Do you think there will be stock left tomorrow?
>
> From experience, all the good stuff has gone by the evening.
> This may depend on how many cyclists there are in the area and how much
> people are used to this.

I tried the Old Kent Road. in at 10.30am; got a nice bagful. Now let's
see how the jacket stands up to a 400 over the Severn Bridge tomorrow!

Taywood
July 18th 03, 10:03 PM
"stratton" > wrote in message
> wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX wrote:
> >> Do all Aldi stores stock these or is it just the bigger ones?
> >> stratton
> >
> > Should be all - as it's the weekly specials.
> > Cheers, helen s
> >
> Do you think there will be stock left tomorrow?
> stratton

I bought my gear at Fleetwood today and that place really is at
the edge of the known universe.

I later wore the white shirt and black and white shorts for a ride
in Grizedale Forest - forgetting yesterdays rain. Three minutes into
the forest the singletrack dropped into a gulley which was just a
churned up mud bath. I regretted having taken off the crud catcher
and rear guard when the warm weather came.
But all the caked on, dried on mud, has washed off and the items are
on the line drying. They look like new!

They seem to have had various styles of glasses. I bought a clear
glass with yellow tint, great help in the darkened forest, and there
was a yellow glass with almost a mirror look.

A good shopping day, thanks to the OP.
Mike

stratton
July 18th 03, 10:51 PM
Taywood wrote:

>>> Should be all - as it's the weekly specials.
>>> Cheers, helen s
>>>
>> Do you think there will be stock left tomorrow?
>> stratton
>
> I bought my gear at Fleetwood today and that place really is at
> the edge of the known universe.
>
> I later wore the white shirt and black and white shorts for a ride
> in Grizedale Forest - forgetting yesterdays rain. Three minutes into
> the forest the singletrack dropped into a gulley which was just a
> churned up mud bath. I regretted having taken off the crud catcher
> and rear guard when the warm weather came.
> But all the caked on, dried on mud, has washed off and the items are
> on the line drying. They look like new!
>
> They seem to have had various styles of glasses. I bought a clear
> glass with yellow tint, great help in the darkened forest, and there
> was a yellow glass with almost a mirror look.
>
> A good shopping day, thanks to the OP.
> Mike

Thats great - I am feeling happy with the £60 we spent on bits and bobs.
Tried out shirt and computer on short ride tonight, all seems well. Just
need new legs and back now, plenty of stomach to trade in.

stratton

martin
July 20th 03, 06:57 PM
"stratton" > wrote in message >...
> >martin wrote:
> >
> > I tried the Old Kent Road. in at 10.30am; got a nice bagful. Now let's
> > see how the jacket stands up to a 400 over the Severn Bridge tomorrow!
>
> Be interested in knowing, I picked up jackets 'n' stuff, ssems reasonable
> particularly considering the price.

Not only is it a good jacket, it is magic: did not rain in Wales! also
good as a night stage overjacket, breathes well and not too heavy.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home