PDA

View Full Version : Where to check against stolen bikes?

Andy B
July 17th 03, 03:15 PM
I heard there was a police run database that holds information on all
stolen bikes in the UK.

Does anyone have any details to put me in touch with it?

I'm buying a beautiful trek 5200 ovlc and i just want to be sure it's
safe.

Selectamark
July 17th 03, 05:24 PM
In article >, Andy B
> writes
>I heard there was a police run database that holds information on all
>stolen bikes in the UK.
>
>Does anyone have any details to put me in touch with it?
>
>I'm buying a beautiful trek 5200 ovlc and i just want to be sure it's
>safe.

You can register a new bike on www.bikeregister.com - the police have
access to this database of around 9000 bikes.

Andy B
July 19th 03, 01:53 AM
Selectamark > wrote in message >...
> In article >, Andy B
> > writes
> >I heard there was a police run database that holds information on all
> >stolen bikes in the UK.
> >
> >Does anyone have any details to put me in touch with it?
> >
> >I'm buying a beautiful trek 5200 ovlc and i just want to be sure it's
> >safe.
>

> You can register a new bike on www.bikeregister.com - the police have
> access to this database of around 9000 bikes.

thanks. i did manage to speak to an officer at my local station who
said somewhere in the police system it's possible to do a search
against their NIPS database (??).. but at 30 quid a go it's a bit
pricey.

so much for e-government.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home