PDA

View Full Version : TDF Freeview coverage

Victor Meldrew
July 17th 03, 11:42 PM
On at least 2 occasions this week the ITV2 highlights programme has
appeared on my TV in a squashed format. All the riders are short and
fat, the "I" is missing from the ever-present ITV2 motif, and the
position numbers are missing when they show any placings.

Now I know I can adjust the format to some extent using the receiver
and/or TV remotes but this has been happening for the cycling broadcast
only, which I have set to record and hence wasn't present to tinker.
Also, the adverts in the many breaks were in the normal unsquashed
format.

Tonight's programme started off squashed but then suddenly rectified
itself after they showed some archive footage in widescreen format.
Someone PLEASE put me out of my misery and say you noticed this as well.
If you don't I'm going to be forced to assume I have an equipment
problem :-(
--
Victor Meldrew

Remove bra to reply by e-mail.

D Hall
July 18th 03, 09:13 AM
Victor Meldrew > wrote in message >...

> Someone PLEASE put me out of my misery and say you noticed this as well.
> If you don't I'm going to be forced to assume I have an equipment
> problem :-(

Fear not, I saw it too. Don't ask me why it's happening though.

Victor Meldrew
July 20th 03, 12:05 AM
In article >, Robert
Saunders > writes
>Victor Meldrew > wrote in message
>> On at least 2 occasions this week the ITV2 highlights programme has
>> appeared on my TV in a squashed format. All the riders are short and
>> fat, the "I" is missing from the ever-present ITV2 motif, and the
>> position numbers are missing when they show any placings.
>>
>> Now I know I can adjust the format to some extent using the receiver
>> and/or TV remotes but this has been happening for the cycling broadcast
>> only, which I have set to record and hence wasn't present to tinker.
>> Also, the adverts in the many breaks were in the normal unsquashed
>> format.
>>
>> Tonight's programme started off squashed but then suddenly rectified
>> itself after they showed some archive footage in widescreen format.
>> Someone PLEASE put me out of my misery and say you noticed this as well.
>> If you don't I'm going to be forced to assume I have an equipment
>> problem :-(
>
>You are right, I saw this as well, with a regular analogue TV with a
>Pace box. BBC programmes used to suffer from this quite regularly
>when I first got the Pace box, but they seem a lot better now. It's
>the first time I noticed it with ITV2 (but then again I rarely watch
>ITV2 due to its generally dire content).

Aha ...... mine's a Pace box too. I wonder if that's something to do
with it?

--
Victor Meldrew

Remove bra to reply by e-mail.

Taywood
July 21st 03, 09:02 AM

Could all this have something to do with the transmission of the
live programme to USA for showing on OLN.
On another NG US cyclists are repeating comments from Liggett
or Sherwin and I'm reading these whilst the post race review is
being shown in german language with no sound.

As I watch it live on Europort (or record that) I've not needed to
look at it on ITV2.
Mike

Tim Hall
July 21st 03, 09:22 PM
On Sun, 20 Jul 2003 00:05:34 +0100, Victor Meldrew
> wrote:

<picture formats>

>>You are right, I saw this as well, with a regular analogue TV with a
>>Pace box. BBC programmes used to suffer from this quite regularly
>>when I first got the Pace box, but they seem a lot better now. It's
>>the first time I noticed it with ITV2 (but then again I rarely watch
>>ITV2 due to its generally dire content).
>>
>Aha ...... mine's a Pace box too. I wonder if that's something to do
>with it?

Mine's a Pace too. No problems with the picture though. What have you
got in the picture settings? (Menu/configuration/TV settings) I've got
a normal sized TV, so Normal 4:3, Letterbox.

Tim
In space no one can eat ice cream

Victor Meldrew
July 22nd 03, 12:04 AM
In article >, Tim Hall
> writes
>On Sun, 20 Jul 2003 00:05:34 +0100, Victor Meldrew
> wrote:
>
><picture formats>
>
>>>You are right, I saw this as well, with a regular analogue TV with a
>>>Pace box. BBC programmes used to suffer from this quite regularly
>>>when I first got the Pace box, but they seem a lot better now. It's
>>>the first time I noticed it with ITV2 (but then again I rarely watch
>>>ITV2 due to its generally dire content).
>>>
>>Aha ...... mine's a Pace box too. I wonder if that's something to do
>>with it?
>

>Mine's a Pace too. No problems with the picture though. What have you
>got in the picture settings? (Menu/configuration/TV settings) I've got
>a normal sized TV, so Normal 4:3, Letterbox.

Yep, those are my settings too. Tonight when the timer switched it on I
was in attendance. The picture was ultra distorted. I went into the
settings and changed it from letterbox to the other setting. The picture
immediately corrected. However when I then changed it back to letterbox,
it stayed exactly the same! So it seems that it isn't initialising
properly when the broadcast starts.

--
Victor Meldrew

Remove bra to reply by e-mail.