PDA

View Full Version : Re: Newbie here, just saying Hi....

Doesnotcompute
July 18th 03, 12:14 AM
doobrie wrote:
>>I think that'll do for now.... :)
>

> hi, fellow newbie here too ... much less fit than yow! (but workin on
> it) ;) ... keep up the good work ... im going to join a local cycle club
> once im upto beginner ride standards!
>
> someone mentioned that beginner rides were fairly sedate and even their
> 8 year old managed to keep up .... have you seen how fit 8 years old are
> - they are manic little dynamo's ;) ... i'll work upto it.

Indeed - I ccle to work with a colleage who is probably sub 10stome,
rising a racing bike with super skinny tyres and higher gearing vs my
full sus MTB with 2 inch tyres (knobblies last week, road/knobbly cross
from yesterday - much difference!) and MTB gearing.

Oh and a fat ******* at the helm!

Needless to say it's hard to eep up with him, but I try my best and he
gets comedy factor from it....

--
Dnc

Gary fisher Joshua ZO

David Brown :o\)
July 18th 03, 10:12 AM
"Doesnotcompute" > wrote in message
> Anyway, now after entering for the Manchester to Blackpool 56miler on
> July 20th, I've got the bug again. I've done a few training sessions of
> between 15 and 20 miles, as well as riding 3 and a bit miles each way to
> work and back most days for 2 weeks. I'm hoping to do 30 odd miles
> tomorrow, depending on the weather and then the big one on sunday.

Getting some training in so you don't get so knackered with your NasaWing?
;o)

--
David Brown :o)
http://kitemap.co.uk/stack

David Brown :o\)
July 18th 03, 10:22 AM
"Doesnotcompute" >
> LOL! In a moment of insanity, I wondered whether I could combine the two
> sports. The kite didn't even leave the bag.

Get your self a tandem and give the stoker the kite :o)
My Dad has two tandems and I've actually considered giving this a go.

--
David Brown :o)
http://kitemap.co.uk/stack

Doesnotcompute
July 18th 03, 10:52 AM
David Brown :o) wrote:
> My next 'bicycle' is going to be one of these
> http://easy-it.com/coastguard/core_userdisplay.asp?id=51

Grass and Sand only I hope :)

--
dnc

James Hodson
July 23rd 03, 01:15 AM
On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 11:06:40 +0100, "David Brown :o\)"
> wrote:

>Maybe one day, when I can stretch to a Gemini.

If I had to get rid of all but one of my kites it would be the Gemini
that I'd keep. BTW, if you do ever decide to buy a Gem go for the
version with the Mylar panels rather than the all ripstop polyester
version. Just IMO, of course.

>You stick to your namby pamby ballet if that's your thing James ;o)

I buggied once ... just once. The wind was about 20mph and I fell out.
(I can fly quads but not at the same time as I'm buggying -
obviously.) From memory I was flying a medium sized SkyTiger (5m^2 ?)

FWIW, being lobbed out of the buggy was far more scary than falling
off a bike. On a bike you tend to go oh-oh-splat, whereas on a buggy
the fall takes more time - so more time to worry.

James

--
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/c.butty/Larrau.jpg

Google