PDA

View Full Version : Walking with bike - road or pavement?

Chris Ashley
July 18th 03, 03:06 PM
When walking with your bike (EG: If you have a puncture) should you be
on the road or the pavement?

Cheers,

Chris

Just zis Guy, you know?
July 18th 03, 03:33 PM
"Chris Ashley" > wrote in message

> When walking with your bike (EG: If you have a puncture) should you be
> on the road or the pavement?

You may use the footway as the bike is legally a burden. And there's nowt
more burdensome than a bike with a p*nct*r* ;-)

--
Guy
===

http://www.chapmancentral.com

Peter Clinch
July 18th 03, 03:36 PM
Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:

> You may use the footway as the bike is legally a burden. And there's nowt
> more burdensome than a bike with a p*nct*r* ;-)

a bike with bent forks and/or a warped wheel and a puncture :-(

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch University of Dundee
Tel 44 1382 660111 ext. 33637 Medical Physics, Ninewells Hospital

Colin Blackburn
July 18th 03, 03:38 PM
In article >,
says...
> Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
>
> > You may use the footway as the bike is legally a burden. And there's nowt
> > more burdensome than a bike with a p*nct*r* ;-)
>
> a bike with bent forks and/or a warped wheel and a puncture :-(

....with laden panniers front and back!

Colin

Dave Larrington
July 18th 03, 03:43 PM
Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:

> You may use the footway as the bike is legally a burden. And there's
> nowt more burdensome than a bike with a p*nct*r* ;-)

A long wheelbase recumbent, with under-seat steering, whose bottom bracket
has separated itself from the frame and, having no front derailleur,
perforce has the chain trying to go /all over the place/

??

http://www.bhpc.org.uk/

chris French
July 18th 03, 04:14 PM
In message <MPG.198216a9dcfa226e989b23@localhost>, Colin Blackburn
> writes
>In article >,
>says...
>> Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
>>
>> > You may use the footway as the bike is legally a burden. And there's nowt
>> > more burdensome than a bike with a p*nct*r* ;-)
>>
>> a bike with bent forks and/or a warped wheel and a puncture :-(
>
>...with laden panniers front and back!

Or that has the handlebars and one wheel stolen.........
--
Chris French, Leeds

stratton
July 18th 03, 04:45 PM
Paul Rudin wrote:

> Pushing a bike on a pavement is not an offence.

IANAL but AFAIK Since you are walking you are a pedestrian and fully
entitled to use the footpath. It is an offence to use a pedestrian croosing
while mounted on a bike but legal to do so pushing a bike. Got dirty looks
from female cyclist in Cambridge this morning when I wouldn't stop at a
pedestrian crossing to let her ride her bike across.

stratton

Simon Proven
July 18th 03, 07:16 PM
stratton wrote:
> Paul Rudin wrote:
>
>>Pushing a bike on a pavement is not an offence.
>

> Got dirty looks
> from female cyclist in Cambridge this morning

You're in there!

Kit Wolf
July 18th 03, 08:40 PM
On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 15:43:51 +0100, Dave Larrington wrote:

> Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
>
>> You may use the footway as the bike is legally a burden. And there's
>> nowt more burdensome than a bike with a p*nct*r* ;-)

A SWB recumbent with USS, a heavy pannier, a flat tyre and a lock around
the back wheel. But someone just managed to transport mine down several miles of
farm tracks... It makes me feel only slightly better that they dropped
their kebab & chips.

KW

Just zis Guy, you know?
July 18th 03, 10:56 PM
in article .uk, Kit Wolf
at wrote on 18/7/2003 8:40 pm:

>>> You may use the footway as the bike is legally a burden. And there's
>>> nowt more burdensome than a bike with a p*nct*r* ;-)

> A SWB recumbent with USS, a heavy pannier, a flat tyre and a lock around
> the back wheel.

Or a SWB recumbent with a fractured boom, as I fond out this evening :-(

Guy

chris French
July 18th 03, 11:46 PM
In message >, chris French
> writes
>In message >, "Just zis Guy,
>you know?" > writes
>>
>>Or a SWB recumbent with a fractured boom, as I fond out this evening :-(
>>
>Bummer.
>
>Did it just go, or was there some sort of accident?

I've got further down the group now.....
--
Chris French, Leeds

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home