PDA

View Full Version : Footwear

Jon Schneider
July 19th 03, 04:38 PM
I'm looking for something that is trainer like (in comfort and looks
though could probably cope with velcro type fasteners), can take a heavy
downpour and either

* stay completely dry inside

or

* saturate as I am happy to do this time of year then dry out afterwards
without staying horrible and soggy for long.

Most normal trainers seem to need time in the airing cupboard.

I have used sandals but they're only an option in the summer.

Do cycling shoes behave like this with water ? I'm not really planning
on getting into all this clipless stuff at the moment.

What do you suggest and what type of socks ?

Cheers,

Jon

Just zis Guy, you know?
July 19th 03, 04:47 PM
in article , Jon Schneider at
. wrote on 19/7/2003 4:00 pm:

> Do cycling shoes behave like this with water ? I'm not really planning
> on getting into all this clipless stuff at the moment.

Depends on the shoe. I find that with clipless pedals, proper cycling shoes
and overshoes when rainy, my feet mostly stay dry. Clipless is a big
advantage here as you can use neoprene overshoes which are Absolutely
Spiffing.

Guy

Dave
July 19th 03, 10:32 PM
"Just zis Guy, you know?" > wrote in message
> in article , Jon Schneider at
> . wrote on 19/7/2003 4:00 pm:
>
> > Do cycling shoes behave like this with water ? I'm not really planning
> > on getting into all this clipless stuff at the moment.
>
> Depends on the shoe. I find that with clipless pedals, proper cycling
shoes
> and overshoes when rainy, my feet mostly stay dry. Clipless is a big
> advantage here as you can use neoprene overshoes which are Absolutely
> Spiffing.
>
> Guy

I use neoprene overshoes over my trainers (berghaus walking shoes), comfy
warm and dry ;-)
Cheers,
Dave.

Frank X
July 21st 03, 10:07 AM
"Jon Schneider" .> wrote in message

> I have used sandals but they're only an option in the summer.

Sandals are fine in the winter, wear black socks and people won't notice ;o)

When it is really cold, Sandals + neoprene overshoes are just as warm as
Shoes + neoprene overshoes.

I will admit my sandals were a little cold to walk through the snow, earlier
this year, when I had to get off because the snow blowing in my eyes was
blinding me.

Nick Kew
July 21st 03, 07:00 PM
In article >, one of infinite monkeys
at the keyboard of "Frank X" > wrote:

>> I have used sandals but they're only an option in the summer.

I don't so often cycle in sandals - the pedals tend to go through the
soles.

> Sandals are fine in the winter,

Indeed.

> wear black socks and people won't notice ;o)

Socks? What's the point of wearing nice comfy sandals and then wrapping
the feet up in socks?

I just tend to use trainers for cycling.

--
Axis of Evil: Whose economy needs ever more wars?
Arms Exports $bn: USA 14.2, UK 5.1, vs France 1.5, Germany 0.8

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home