PDA

View Full Version : OffTopic

Niv
July 19th 03, 08:35 PM
Asked by friend to do a favour for their mum; cut back hedge etc.
When arrived, extra job of cutting back neighbours Russian Vine added
as it was overhanging & blocking gutter a bit.

Little did I know the 'phone cable was entwined in the vine all the way down
and not clipped to wall.
You guessed it, shears went nicely thru' my friends mums neighbours (X from
now on) cable.

X was not too happy, but because I had pruned the vine on his side of the
boundary; didn't seem too bothered about 'phone as he has cable as well as
the (cut) BT 'phone.

Oh well, I guess (hope) my house/contents policy covers the BT call out &
repair (£150 ish). Tried to fix myself (I'm an electronic engineer), but
cable was
corroded internally, so I couldn't make a good connection, bother (or
possibly
slightly stronger).

All that cut into my planned riding time for this afternoon/eveing before
TdF
on ITV2. Oh well, dark in 1/2 hour or so, so I'll just turbo it for a short
while
in front of TV (how dull is that?).

You live & learn.

Niv (suitably abashed).

Dave Larrington
July 21st 03, 11:55 AM
If it's any consolation, I did that to the cable from my TV aerial, which
had been ensnared by the Wisteria From Hell. Fortunately, I have only the
five channels of tat, and thus an ickle set top aerial came to the rescue.
Bizarrely, the picture is now much better, especially on Channel Five.

http://www.bhpc.org.uk/

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home