PDA

View Full Version : Celebrity spoiled my ride.

Simon Mason
July 21st 03, 12:02 PM
No, it wasn't Norman Collier this time. On Saturday I tried to take my
normal short cut through Hull's West Park and then past the Kingston
Communications stadium, only to be prevented from doing so by several
burly security men. Apparently, someone called Elton John was
performing there and oiks like me weren't allowed anywhere near.
Simon

Peter B
July 21st 03, 10:10 PM
"Simon Mason" > wrote in message
om...
> No, it wasn't Norman Collier this time. On Saturday I tried to take my
> normal short cut through Hull's West Park and then past the Kingston
> Communications stadium, only to be prevented from doing so by several
> burly security men. Apparently, someone called Elton John was
> performing there and oiks like me weren't allowed anywhere near.

Phew! When I read the header I thought you meant your own celebrity was
making it difficult for you to go out in public after being nominated as
Grand Spokesperson Of All Who Cycle In Hull ;-)

Pete

Simon Mason
July 22nd 03, 07:15 AM
David Hansen > wrote in message >...

> However, I assume that "the Kingston Communications stadium" is on
> "private" land (even though the council may once have "owned" it)
> and the "owners" are at liberty to decide who they allow to use the
> land they occupy.

The stadium is in the middle of a park which is council property and
since they close some at night, I suppose they have the powers to
close public parks as they see fit.

http://www.kcstadium.net/downloads/siteplan.pdf

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home