PDA

View Full Version : TDF stage 15 (spoiler - kind of)

Mark
July 21st 03, 03:42 PM
I just wanted to say "wow".

And it hasn't finished yet.

Mark

Not me, someone else
July 21st 03, 03:45 PM
Mark deftly scribbled:

> I just wanted to say "wow".
>
> And it hasn't finished yet.

Heheheheh ... bloody hell in fact .. ;)

--
Digweed

Cupra
July 21st 03, 04:00 PM
Mark wrote:
>> I just wanted to say "wow".
>>=20
>> And it hasn't finished yet.
>>=20
>> Mark

It has now.... and I second the wow!!!

---

Just zis Guy, you know?
July 21st 03, 04:20 PM
"Cupra" > wrote in message

[wow]

And wow again. That man is quite something! Looks like he just needed the
old red mist - but methinks he'll need more than that in hand for GC#1 in
Paris.

--
Guy
===

http://www.chapmancentral.com

Terry
July 21st 03, 06:18 PM
"Just zis Guy, you know?" > wrote in message
> "Cupra" > wrote in message
>
> [wow]
>
> And wow again. That man is quite something! Looks like he just needed
the
> old red mist - but methinks he'll need more than that in hand for GC#1 in
> Paris.
>
> --
> Guy
> ===
>
> WARNING: may contain traces of irony. Contents may settle after posting.
> http://www.chapmancentral.com

This was superb, best one for a while imho!

MSA
July 21st 03, 06:44 PM
"Terry" > wrote in message
> "Just zis Guy, you know?" > wrote in message
> > "Cupra" > wrote in message
> >
> > [wow]
> >
> > And wow again. That man is quite something! Looks like he just needed
> the
> > old red mist - but methinks he'll need more than that in hand for GC#1
in
> > Paris.
> >
> > --
> > Guy
> > ===
> >
> > WARNING: may contain traces of irony. Contents may settle after
posting.
> > http://www.chapmancentral.com
> >

> This was superb, best one for a while imho!

Now now guys, remember us mere Freeview viewers have yet to see it (15 mins
to go...yah!)...and as for those analogue people! :-)

--
Mark

"Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear
bright until you hear them speak"

Andy B
July 21st 03, 09:35 PM
"Cupra" > wrote in message >...
> Mark wrote:
> >> I just wanted to say "wow".
> >>
> >> And it hasn't finished yet.
> >>
> >> Mark
>
> It has now.... and I second the wow!!!
>

> ---

Love watching the tour. I was nicely dozing off when i heard the
screams off Eurosport that Lance had fallen off. That woke me up! I
just want to say I thought Tylor, Jan and the rest were outstanding
gentlemen in slowing up to allow LA to recover. I wouldn't mind seeing
Jan win to be honest, he gives it his all. He looked like he had been
in a boxing match by the time he crossed the line.

Chris Bardell
July 21st 03, 10:38 PM
"Cupra" > wrote in message >...
> Mark wrote:
> >> I just wanted to say "wow".
> >>
> >> And it hasn't finished yet.
> >>
> >> Mark
>
> It has now.... and I second the wow!!!

Could I perhaps throw in a retrospective "Holy sh!t"?

W K
July 21st 03, 11:16 PM
"Not me, someone else" > wrote in message
> Mark deftly scribbled:
>
> > I just wanted to say "wow".
> >
> > And it hasn't finished yet.
>
> Heheheheh ... bloody hell in fact .. ;)

I went downstairs and put on eurosport. not much happening, lance goes over
the line.

Then the replays!!
But, with that crash he was really hyped up - I even saw him saying that in
Franglais.
Surely with all those natural performance enhancing substances going through
his veins he'll have been working at far higher than his normal maximum and
he'll be buggered for tommorow.

Paul - xxx
July 21st 03, 11:31 PM
W K tried to scribble ...

> "Not me, someone else" > wrote in message
>> Mark deftly scribbled:
>>
>>> I just wanted to say "wow".
>>>
>>> And it hasn't finished yet.
>>
>> Heheheheh ... bloody hell in fact .. ;)
>
> I went downstairs and put on eurosport. not much happening, lance
> goes over the line.
>
> Then the replays!!
> But, with that crash he was really hyped up - I even saw him saying
> that in Franglais.
> Surely with all those natural performance enhancing substances going
> through his veins he'll have been working at far higher than his
> normal maximum and he'll be buggered for tommorow.

Oh I dunno about that. I reckon he was running on pure adrenaline, and
won't have used up too much of his stored energy .. ;)

To have such a positive mental attitude after such a mishap says a lot for
him. Of course, J U's attitude also says a hell of a lot, and for all the
right reasons too.

Must say this has to be the most interesting tour I've seen, even so far
when there's still a ways to go .. ;)

--
.............................Paul - xxx
http://www.tvlicensing.biz/

Mark
July 22nd 03, 07:32 AM
> I just want to say I thought Tylor, Jan and the rest were outstanding
> gentlemen in slowing up to allow LA to recover.

Seconded. A great gesture.

Mark

Cupra
July 22nd 03, 10:02 AM
Andy B wrote:
>> "Cupra" > wrote in message
>> >...=20
>>>=20
>>> It has now.... and I second the wow!!!
>>>=20
>>>=20
>>> ---
>>=20
>> Love watching the tour. I was nicely dozing off when i heard the
>> screams off Eurosport that Lance had fallen off. That woke me up!

lol! I was doing exactly the same.....!

---

Dave Larrington
July 22nd 03, 10:15 AM
Mark wrote:

> I just wanted to say "wow".

Indeed. Can't help but feel sorry for Vinokourov getting Tourmalised,
though.

http://www.bhpc.org.uk/

Arthur Clune
July 22nd 03, 10:33 AM
Just zis Guy, you know? > wrote:

: And wow again. That man is quite something! Looks like he just needed the
: old red mist - but methinks he'll need more than that in hand for GC#1 in
: Paris.

Dunno. Doubt that Jan can take a minute out of him again in a flat TT.

But I suspect that Jan will beat him in the TT so it'll be the closest
tour finish for years.

Arthur

Dave Kahn
July 22nd 03, 10:36 AM
(Chris Bardell) wrote in message >...

> > It has now.... and I second the wow!!!
> >

> Could I perhaps throw in a retrospective "Holy sh!t"?

That answered a few questions, didn't it? What a man!

--
Dave...

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home