PDA

View Full Version : Polar HRMs

Willowbeauty
July 21st 03, 04:47 PM
I have a Polar X-Trainer HRm and it came bundled with Training Advisor
software which is pretty useless and ugly to boot (!)

I see Polar have their new piece of software out called Polar Precision
Performance which still looks less-then-wonderful but is easier on the eye.
I have downloaded the 30-day trial but is there anyway of getting the s/w
without having to shell out for another HRM?

Does anyone download into more friendly/useful software than the Polar
stuff?

Thanks
Neil

MSA
July 21st 03, 06:42 PM
"Willowbeauty" > wrote in message
> I have a Polar X-Trainer HRm and it came bundled with Training Advisor
> software which is pretty useless and ugly to boot (!)
>
> I see Polar have their new piece of software out called Polar Precision
> Performance which still looks less-then-wonderful but is easier on the
eye.
> I have downloaded the 30-day trial but is there anyway of getting the s/w
> without having to shell out for another HRM?
>
> Does anyone download into more friendly/useful software than the Polar
> stuff?
>
> Thanks
> Neil

AFAIK nothing comes close to Polar precision. With the recent updates (I'm
currently running 4.00.023) it's pretty faultless. Still can't join 2
exercises together though when you move away from the watch for more than 5
minutes..grrrrrrr! That's my only gripe though which is easily fixed by
taking the watch with me when I have my tea stop!

Polars rock.

--
Mark

"Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear
bright until you hear them speak"

Rory
July 22nd 03, 12:39 PM
"MSA" > wrote in message >...

> AFAIK nothing comes close to Polar precision. With the recent updates (I'm
> currently running 4.00.023) it's pretty faultless.

* It won't remember your customised reports when you retart it
* After you have viewed a curve from say the "day" dialog, you have to
re-open the dialog and select the next excercise curve...
* It cant recognise excercise type from the bike selection
* Temp readings? Why does it only show the temp for the first
excercise? I know you can view temp under lap times...

But as you say, they are improving it month by month.

> Still can't join 2 exercises together though when you move away from the watch
> for more than 5 minutes..grrrrrrr!
> That's my only gripe though which is easily fixed by
> taking the watch with me when I have my tea stop!

That is anoying, I wrote 'em, but they tried to tell me it was a
feature.
I worked around that one by not stopping for cake anymore!

The bike mount is crap, my strap broke after about 4 months, and as I
neve wear it as a watch, I'd prefer a more conventional fixing.

It could do with dual trip displays, with one that auto-resets at the
start of an excercise

It would be nice to beable to capture flight-deck data for gear
selections (and save the cost of the cadence pickup)

But despise all that, I'm pretty happy with it...

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home