PDA

View Full Version : Re: Orbea Larrau

MSA
July 21st 03, 06:38 PM
"uphillma" > wrote in message
> Hi Gang, I have just put a deposit on a Orbea Larrau 52cm Compact frame
> with Triple chain ring. What does the group think of them? Cheers, Mark
>

> --

Err, very Orange! (But not all of them!)

As good as the next bike, you won't be disappointed. Lifetime guarantee if
recollect...pretty amazing for an ally bike.

--
Mark

"Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear
bright until you hear them speak"

James Hodson
July 23rd 03, 02:49 AM
On 21 Jul 2003 22:31:39 +0950, uphillma
> wrote:

>Hi Gang, I have just put a deposit on a Orbea Larrau 52cm Compact frame
>with Triple chain ring. What does the group think of them?
>Cheers, Mark

Hi Mark

See my sig. (The sig shown a double, mine's a tripple.)

Even though it's a bit of a cheapo I do like mine. I even dreamt about
it last night. I could have sworn I'd given the bike a thorough clean.
Sadly this was not the case! The sole problem I had with my Larrau was
with the saddle; the original was far too soft. As well as buying a
new perch I also bought a set of SPDs to replace the strappy things
that came with the bike.

The saddle to handle bars length is also quite long, IMO. Now, this
may be be because I'd not ridden anything else but rigid MTBs for a
long time - the change to a road bike may have been the "problem".
However, I've gotten used to the more extended or stretched out riding
position now and do enjoy it.

I've had a couple or more of cycle-departure-ground-impact experiences
from my Larrau, one of which involved a nasty bang to the front wheel.
I'm certainly no expert on those round things but they do seem to be
quite sturdy and well put together.

Regards
James

PS T'other Mark: They're yellow ;-)

--
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/c.butty/Larrau.jpg

James Hodson
July 24th 03, 07:57 PM
On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 22:48:03 +0100, James Hodson
> wrote:

>On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 02:49:49 +0100, James Hodson
> wrote:
>
>OT Today's TdeF rode over the Côte de Larrau - a cetegory three
>climb.

D'oh! Col de Larrau

James

--