PDA

View Full Version : Collective Noun

Richard Bates
July 22nd 03, 10:30 AM
A radio presenter in the Midlands a few years ago used to run a fun
competition whereby listeners would make up collective nouns for an
item decided for the presenter.

No prizes here, but invent your own collective nouns for the
following:

1) Bicycles

2) Saddles

3) Recumbents

4) Panniers

5) Bromptons

Love and silliness from Rich x

--
If ingnorance is bliss then I am the erm er
luckiest thingy in the whatchamacallit.

wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX
July 22nd 03, 10:43 AM
>1) Bicycles

Peloton - 'natch.

>2) Saddles

A bumble (as opposed to bundle) of saddles

>3) Recumbents

An eternal damnation of bents (all those souls lost to the dark side)

>4) Panniers

A weight of panniers

>5) Bromptons

An origami of Bromptons

Cheers, helen s

~~~~~~~~~~
This is sent from a redundant email
Mail sent to it is dumped
My correct one can be gleaned from
h$**$*$el$**e$n$**$d$**$o$*$t**$$s$**$im$mo$ns*@a$ **o$l.c$$*o$*m*$
by getting rid of the overdependence on money and fame
~~~~~~~~~~

Richard Bates
July 22nd 03, 11:10 AM
On 22 Jul 2003 09:43:40 GMT,
(wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX) in
> wrote:

And what, in your opinion, would be the appropriate collective nouns
for B*b Sh*rts and P*v*ng Sl*bs?
--
If ingnorance is bliss then I am the erm er
luckiest thingy in the whatchamacallit.
To mail me, change the obvious bit to richard

Just zis Guy, you know?
July 22nd 03, 11:17 AM
"Richard Bates" > wrote in
message ...

> And what, in your opinion, would be the appropriate collective nouns
> for B*b Sh*rts and P*v*ng Sl*bs?

A slab of bibshorts and a bibshort of slabs, clearly :-)

--
Guy
===

http://www.chapmancentral.com

Colin Blackburn
July 22nd 03, 11:31 AM
In article >,
says...
> On 22 Jul 2003 09:43:40 GMT,
> (wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX) in
> > wrote:
>
> And what, in your opinion, would be the appropriate collective nouns
> for B*b Sh*rts and P*v*ng Sl*bs?

An abomination of bibshorts. And, a pavement?

Colin

Tony W
July 22nd 03, 11:54 AM

> No prizes here, but invent your own collective nouns for the
> following:
>
> 1) Bicycles

a rattle of
a grid of
a spin of
a get_those_****ing_thinngs_on_the_pavement of
a peleton of
a smidsy of

> 2) Saddles

a chaff of

> 3) Recumbents

a stack of (well you have a stack of deck chairs)
an excommunication of
a black_mass of

> 4) Panniers

a pair of -- bit easy thsi one.
a stuff of

> 5) Bromptons

a fold of

Dave Larrington
July 22nd 03, 11:56 AM
Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:

> A wedge of saddles. Obviously :-)
> An enlightenment of recumbents.
> A load of panniers
> A fold of Bromptons

And a disinclination of bicycles.

http://www.bhpc.org.uk/

Tony W
July 23rd 03, 12:14 AM
A damnation of

> 3) Recumbents

A Grove of

> 5) Bromptons

Rory
July 23rd 03, 10:55 AM
"Tony W" > wrote in message >...
> A damnation of
>
> > 3) Recumbents

I didn't check the dictionary, but I think you will find it's a
"a smugness of recumbents", cuz "an
ooo-err-I-can't-see-over-the-top-of-that-Lotus-7 of recumbents"
doesn't scan so well.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home