PDA

View Full Version : Muscles

Simonb
July 22nd 03, 07:04 PM
What's the name of the muscle on the inside of your leg just above the knee?

TIA

Andy Whitworth
July 22nd 03, 07:22 PM
"Simonb" <sbennettatwiderworlddotcodotuk> wrote in message
t...
> What's the name of the muscle on the inside of your leg just above the
knee?

> TIA

Vastus Medialis Obliquus (VMO) ?

Tony W
July 23rd 03, 12:12 AM
"Simonb" <sbennettatwiderworlddotcodotuk> wrote in message
t...
> What's the name of the muscle on the inside of your leg just above the
knee?

Sore

Peter Connolly
July 23rd 03, 09:19 AM
"Simonb" <sbennettatwiderworlddotcodotuk> wrote in message
t...
> What's the name of the muscle on the inside of your leg just above the
knee?

I call mine 'George', but ymmv!

Pete.

2LAP
July 23rd 03, 11:41 AM
Andy Whitworth wrote:
> "Simonb" <sbennettatwiderworlddotcodotuk> wrote in message news:3f1d7cc-
> :3f1d7c c0$0$56601$bed64819@p-
> ubnews.gradwell.net...
> > What's the name of the muscle on the inside of your leg just above the
> knee?
> >
> > TIA
> >

> Vastus Medialis Obliquus (VMO) ?

Just 'vastus medialis', other muscles in your quadricepts include
vastus lateralis on the outside on the leg, vastus intermedius between
the medius and lateralis, and rectus femoris running down the middle of
the quads.

--
www.cyclingforums.com

Dave
July 23rd 03, 06:49 PM
"Peter Connolly" > wrote in message
> "Simonb" <sbennettatwiderworlddotcodotuk> wrote in message
> t...
> > What's the name of the muscle on the inside of your leg just above the
> knee?
> >

> I call mine 'George', but ymmv!
>
> Pete.

Oh, go on, what's ymmv ? (you make me vomit / you might mean Vera / young
male maori volunteers ?).....
Dave,

p.s., call mine Susan (as I sit here, gently stroking her firm yet supple
form....er..oh...ahem!)

Ian Smith
July 23rd 03, 08:06 PM
On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 18:49:51 +0100, Dave > wrote:
> "Peter Connolly" > wrote in message
> >
> > I call mine 'George', but ymmv!
>
> Oh, go on, what's ymmv ? (you make me vomit / you might mean Vera / young
> male maori volunteers ?).....

Your Mileage May Vary. It's teh standard text in american car adverts
when they quote fuel consumption figures. It means, but you might
get/do/have something different.

It's a bit more snappy than "yhiariydnkuroamoolsoi" which is what I
guess we'd have to use.

regards, Ian SMith
--
|\ /| no .sig
|o o|

Dave
July 23rd 03, 09:08 PM
"Ian Smith" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 18:49:51 +0100, Dave > wrote:
> > "Peter Connolly" > wrote in message
> > >
> > > I call mine 'George', but ymmv!
> >
> > Oh, go on, what's ymmv ? (you make me vomit / you might mean Vera /
young
> > male maori volunteers ?).....
>
> Your Mileage May Vary. It's teh standard text in american car adverts
> when they quote fuel consumption figures. It means, but you might
> get/do/have something different.
>
> It's a bit more snappy than "yhiariydnkuroamoolsoi" which is what I
> guess we'd have to use.
>
> regards, Ian SMith
> --
> |\ /| no .sig
> |o o|
> |/ \|

Ta!

Tim Hall
July 23rd 03, 09:59 PM
On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 18:49:51 +0100, "Dave" > wrote:

>"Peter Connolly" > wrote in message
>> "Simonb" <sbennettatwiderworlddotcodotuk> wrote in message
>> t...
>> > What's the name of the muscle on the inside of your leg just above the
>> knee?
>> >

>> I call mine 'George', but ymmv!
>>
>> Pete.
>>

>Oh, go on, what's ymmv ? (you make me vomit / you might mean Vera / young
>male maori volunteers ?).....

Normally "your mileage may vary" but see below:

>Dave,
>
>p.s., call mine Susan (as I sit here, gently stroking her firm yet supple
>form....er..oh...ahem!)

You may masturbate vigorously? (copyright Guy King, Sheddi)

Tim
In space no one can eat ice cream

James Hodson
July 24th 03, 08:15 PM
On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 21:59:20 +0100, Tim Hall
> wrote:

>You may masturbate vigorously? (copyright Guy King, Sheddi)

Another keyboard session seems to be indicated. (And no, not because
of the YMMV; I didn't take it as instruction!)

James

--
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/c.butty/Larrau.jpg

James Hodson
July 24th 03, 08:16 PM
On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 19:06:47 +0000 (UTC), Ian Smith
> wrote:

>It's a bit more snappy than "yhiariydnkuroamoolsoi" which is what I
>guess we'd have to use.

Ian

"yhiariydnkuroamoolsoi"?

James

--
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/c.butty/Larrau.jpg

Ian Smith
July 25th 03, 06:49 PM
On Thu, 24 Jul, James Hodson > wrote:
> On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 19:06:47 +0000 (UTC), Ian Smith
> > wrote:
>
> >It's a bit more snappy than "yhiariydnkuroamoolsoi" which is what I
> >guess we'd have to use.
> >

> Ian
>
> "yhiariydnkuroamoolsoi"?

your home is at risk if you do not keep up repayments on a mortgage or
other loan secured on it

They slip it into every radio advert for secured loans. It's the only
exactly word-for-word text I notice in UK advertising.

regards, Ian SMith
--
|\ /| no .sig
|o o|