PDA

View Full Version : Re: North West Scotland

Moa'Dib
July 22nd 03, 12:52 PM
MBR had some great pics from up there a couple of years back, I think near
Kinlochbervie. If anyone has any details I'd also love to hear them, since I
love that area and the trail looked excellent.

There is another I found on the web called "The Arkle Loop", which I'm sure
google will find for you. It did a loop around just south from there,
looking over to Foinaven etc. Again, stunning scenery.

John

------------
"Hugh Spicer" > wrote in message
> Can anyone recommend any good off road stuff in the far North West of
> Scotland (Durness, Cape Wrath) ?
>
> --
> Hugh
>
> visit the site at:
> www.hughspicer.fsnet.co.uk

Taywood
July 22nd 03, 08:29 PM
"Hugh Spicer" > wrote in message
> Can anyone recommend any good off road stuff in the far North West of
> Scotland (Durness, Cape Wrath) ?

There's an excellent book called 101 Mountain-Bike Routes in
Scotland, written by Harry Henniker, Mainstream Publishing,
ISBN 1-85158-936-8.
He's got three locations,

Kyle of Durness to Cape Wrath (well written up elsewhere),

a 9mile easy explore in Borgie Forest Nr Borgie on A836,

and a 14 mile return archeologically interesting route at
Truderscraig in Naver forest.
The B871 joins B873 at Syre and theres parking at Rosal, which
is a pre Clearances village.
Hope this helps
Mike

Taywood
July 22nd 03, 10:22 PM
"Hugh Spicer" > wrote in message
> Can anyone recommend any good off road stuff in the far North West of
> Scotland (Durness, Cape Wrath) ?

Here's a special route.
I hesitate to make this public, I'd hoped to do it one day but
didnt. Its written up by a regular poster to the groups Pete Jones
http://www.offroadadventures-online.com/arkle.htm
If you do this route please give us a report
Mike

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home