PDA

View Full Version : Bits for old Raleigh

Steve Watkin
July 23rd 03, 02:12 PM
I have an old Raleigh Lizard MTB that has been converted to electric assist
and I need a head set for it. Apparently these were an odd size unique to
this bike and my LBS says that the part needed was a YST 666, Raleigh part
number RAT 129.
Anyone got any ideas where I can find such a part?
Or is there an alternative way of re-bearing it?
Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks
SW

Al Ford
July 23rd 03, 10:05 PM
"Steve Watkin" > wrote in message >...
> I have an old Raleigh Lizard MTB that has been converted to electric assist
> and I need a head set for it. Apparently these were an odd size unique to
> this bike and my LBS says that the part needed was a YST 666, Raleigh part
> number RAT 129.
> Anyone got any ideas where I can find such a part?
> Or is there an alternative way of re-bearing it?
> Any help would be much appreciated.
> Thanks
> SW

Any Halfords store!

If they say no, get them to ring Richard at Two-Wheel Sales on ext 3023.

Problem solved.

Al Ford
July 25th 03, 12:55 PM
"Steve Watkin" > wrote in message >...
> You jest?
>
> SW
> > If they say no, get them to ring Richard at Two-Wheel Sales on ext 3023.
> >
> > Problem solved.

Nope, I don't jest at all. Halfords stock or can order in virtually
anything you want now. Campag groupsets, wheelsets, Full list of all
shimanos spares, full FSA/middleburn ranges, titec, xlite, easton,
fort, DMR, Tifosi, Airbourne etc.......

It's just all these "I hate Halfords types" who insist you can only
buy innertubes there. Halfords can get hold of over 18,000 different
part normally within 48hrs

PS I left them 4 months ago.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home