PDA

View Full Version : international cycling correspondent

wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX
July 23rd 03, 03:28 PM
Eat your heart out Duffers. Eat your heart out Liggett, Sherwen & Imlach. The
name of Simmons has arrived in the world of cycling correspondents ;-) I can
see them quaking in their shoes at the thought ... not ;-)

I've done the odd brief stint on the local radio station (BBC) to do with
science (very odd & very brief) and Monday morning will hopefully see me
broadcast live to the masses of Norfolk direct on the phone from Paris ;-)
Could be fun!! Let's hope the phone link works!

Cheers, helen s

~~~~~~~~~~
This is sent from a redundant email
Mail sent to it is dumped
My correct one can be gleaned from
h$**$*$el$**e$n$**$d$**$o$*$t**$$s$**$im$mo$ns*@a$ **o$l.c$$*o$*m*$
by getting rid of the overdependence on money and fame
~~~~~~~~~~

Digweed .. ;\)
July 23rd 03, 03:34 PM
wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX tried to scribble ...

> Eat your heart out Duffers. Eat your heart out Liggett, Sherwen &
> Imlach. The name of Simmons has arrived in the world of cycling
> correspondents ;-) I can see them quaking in their shoes at the
> thought ... not ;-)
>
> I've done the odd brief stint on the local radio station (BBC) to do
> with science (very odd & very brief) and Monday morning will
> hopefully see me broadcast live to the masses of Norfolk direct on
> the phone from Paris ;-) Could be fun!! Let's hope the phone link
> works!

Nice one .. Hope it all works OK for you .. ;)

--
Digweed

Tony Hogarty
July 23rd 03, 04:11 PM
wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX wrote:

> Eat your heart out Duffers. Eat your heart out Liggett, Sherwen & Imlach.
> The name of Simmons has arrived in the world of cycling correspondents ;-)
> I can see them quaking in their shoes at the thought ... not ;-)
>
> I've done the odd brief stint on the local radio station (BBC) to do with
> science (very odd & very brief) and Monday morning will hopefully see me
> broadcast live to the masses of Norfolk direct on the phone from Paris ;-)
> Could be fun!! Let's hope the phone link works!

Well done! Are you planning on being as ecentric as Duffers? Perhaps
recounting the odd paving slab story to keep the audience on its toes?
--
Regards

Tony Hogarty
(take out garbage to reply)

wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX
July 23rd 03, 05:24 PM
>Nice one .. Hope it all works OK for you .. ;)

Thanks - it should be fun as long as the phone link goes okay. The person who
has the show, Louise Priest, is a nice lady and I get on well with her when
I've been on her show in the past - she has a mad sense of humour :)

Cheers, helen s

~~~~~~~~~~
This is sent from a redundant email
Mail sent to it is dumped
My correct one can be gleaned from
h$**$*$el$**e$n$**$d$**$o$*$t**$$s$**$im$mo$ns*@a$ **o$l.c$$*o$*m*$
by getting rid of the overdependence on money and fame
~~~~~~~~~~

wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX
July 23rd 03, 05:53 PM
>You could follow in the footsteps of Radio Norfolk's other famous sports
>correspondent, Alan Partridge!

Ah yes, a true star of radio ;-)

Cheers, helen s

~~~~~~~~~~
This is sent from a redundant email
Mail sent to it is dumped
My correct one can be gleaned from
h$**$*$el$**e$n$**$d$**$o$*$t**$$s$**$im$mo$ns*@a$ **o$l.c$$*o$*m*$
by getting rid of the overdependence on money and fame
~~~~~~~~~~

Dave
July 23rd 03, 06:42 PM
"wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX" > wrote in message
> >You could follow in the footsteps of Radio Norfolk's other famous sports
> >correspondent, Alan Partridge!
>
> Ah yes, a true star of radio ;-)
>
> Cheers, helen s

Yes!...and if the 'I am a horse. Coming through on the inside...I am a
horse' doesn't work, you can always try ol' faithful...'listen carefully, I
shall say zis only once'.....and don't forget to deny rumours that Lance is
thinking of taking up downhill mountain biking next year 'cos it seems such
fun. Copyright on any of the aforementioned wheezes, payments to....

Well done Helen, enjoy. Get it recorded and put on a website for all to
access somewhere ;-)

Cheers,

Dave.

Just zis Guy, you know?
July 23rd 03, 06:49 PM
On 23 Jul 2003 14:28:19 GMT,
(wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX) wrote:

>broadcast live to the masses of Norfolk direct on the phone from Paris

In the coveted pre-breakfast slot on Radio Norfolk? ;-)

Guy
===
** WARNING ** This posting may contain traces of irony.
http://www.chapmancentral.com
[currently offline awaiting ADSL transfer to new ISP]

Chris Bardell
July 23rd 03, 09:22 PM
<snip>

> > Monday morning will
> > hopefully see me broadcast live to the masses of Norfolk direct on
> > the phone from Paris ;-) Could be fun!! Let's hope the phone link
> > works!

More details please (what time? BBC Radio Norfolk?). I'll be between
jobs on Monday, so I could try to record it / rip it / bung it on some
webspace.

--ChrisB

wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX
July 23rd 03, 10:05 PM
>Maybe we can listen in on your momentous .. er .. moments .. ;)

I don't think my momentous moments will be on the web site broadcast bit -
that's just for sport/news/travel.

You are spared ;-)

Cheers, helen s

~~~~~~~~~~
This is sent from a redundant email
Mail sent to it is dumped
My correct one can be gleaned from
h$**$*$el$**e$n$**$d$**$o$*$t**$$s$**$im$mo$ns*@a$ **o$l.c$$*o$*m*$
by getting rid of the overdependence on money and fame
~~~~~~~~~~

wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX
July 23rd 03, 10:06 PM
>Well done Helen, enjoy. Get it recorded and put on a website for all to
>access somewhere ;-)

I might plead nicely and ask if they'll do me a tape of it!

Cheers, helen s

~~~~~~~~~~
This is sent from a redundant email
Mail sent to it is dumped
My correct one can be gleaned from
h$**$*$el$**e$n$**$d$**$o$*$t**$$s$**$im$mo$ns*@a$ **o$l.c$$*o$*m*$
by getting rid of the overdependence on money and fame
~~~~~~~~~~

RG
July 24th 03, 09:08 AM
Is Norfolk open at 0930 on Mondays - I didn't think they turned the
electricity on until lunchtime on Mondays ..... only joking ...

.... and I'll be on the Paree ride too so I'll look out for the paving slabs
etc (my rather groovy new bibshorts have rather fetching gold(ish) flashes
on the lower thighs .... - and we have some spoof race numbers too, watch
out for Rob in 201 & Steve in 202)

RG

"wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX" > wrote in message
> >More details please (what time? BBC Radio Norfolk?). I'll be between
> >jobs on Monday, so I could try to record it / rip it / bung it on some
> >webspace.
>
> BBC Radio Norfolk. 09.15am I'm being rung in Paris - so prob on air
09.30'ish -
> for a few mins. I don't think it's on the BBC Radio Norfolk web site
though -
> that seems to be news/travel/sport only.
>
> Cheers, helen s
>

> ~~~~~~~~~~
> This is sent from a redundant email
> Mail sent to it is dumped
> My correct one can be gleaned from
> h$**$*$el$**e$n$**$d$**$o$*$t**$$s$**$im$mo$ns*@a$ **o$l.c$$*o$*m*$
> by getting rid of the overdependence on money and fame
> ~~~~~~~~~~

chris French
July 24th 03, 09:13 AM
In message >, Tony Hogarty
> writes
>wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX wrote:
>>
>> I've done the odd brief stint on the local radio station (BBC) to do with
>> science (very odd & very brief) and Monday morning will hopefully see me
>> broadcast live to the masses of Norfolk direct on the phone from Paris ;-)
>> Could be fun!! Let's hope the phone link works!
>>

>Well done! Are you planning on being as ecentric as Duffers? Perhaps
>recounting the odd paving slab story to keep the audience on its toes?

Visions of breaking out into an on air rant when she spots one fo the
riders wearing bib shorts........
--
Chris French, Leeds

wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX
July 24th 03, 09:18 AM
>Is Norfolk open at 0930 on Mondays - I didn't think they turned the
>electricity on until lunchtime on Mondays ..... only joking ...

Indeed ;-)

>... and I'll be on the Paree ride too so I'll look out for the paving slabs
>etc (my rather groovy new bibshorts have rather fetching gold(ish) flashes
>on the lower thighs .... - and we have some spoof race numbers too, watch
>out for Rob in 201 & Steve in 202)
>
>RG

OOOOH! Easy identification of targets!!! ;-)

I'll be on a Bianchi San Remo - colour Celeste with a tiny bit of yellow -
wearing a yellow helmet.

Cheers, helen s

~~~~~~~~~~
This is sent from a redundant email
Mail sent to it is dumped
My correct one can be gleaned from
h$**$*$el$**e$n$**$d$**$o$*$t**$$s$**$im$mo$ns*@a$ **o$l.c$$*o$*m*$
by getting rid of the overdependence on money and fame
~~~~~~~~~~

Tony W
July 24th 03, 09:23 AM
"wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX" > wrote in message

> I'll be on a Bianchi San Remo - colour Celeste with a tiny bit of yellow -
> wearing a yellow helmet.

Just a yellow helmet?

That will cause a stir.

:0

wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX
July 24th 03, 09:45 AM
>Just a yellow helmet?
>
>That will cause a stir.

It would caus emass hysteria and years of mental derangement for anyone who
viewed it, never mind something as simple as a stir ;-)

Cheers, helen s

~~~~~~~~~~
This is sent from a redundant email
Mail sent to it is dumped
My correct one can be gleaned from
h$**$*$el$**e$n$**$d$**$o$*$t**$$s$**$im$mo$ns*@a$ **o$l.c$$*o$*m*$
by getting rid of the overdependence on money and fame
~~~~~~~~~~

Dave Larrington
July 24th 03, 10:22 AM
Dave wrote:
> and don't forget to deny
> rumours that Lance is thinking of taking up downhill mountain biking
> next year 'cos it seems such fun.

Better yet, /start/ a rumour that Lance is fed up with this TdF nonse and is
taking a year off to go over to the Dark Side...

http://www.bhpc.org.uk/

wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX
July 24th 03, 12:24 PM
>I'm just glad it's only radio !!!!!!!!!

TV would have to be widescreen ;-)

Cheers, helen s

~~~~~~~~~~
This is sent from a redundant email
Mail sent to it is dumped
My correct one can be gleaned from
h$**$*$el$**e$n$**$d$**$o$*$t**$$s$**$im$mo$ns*@a$ **o$l.c$$*o$*m*$
by getting rid of the overdependence on money and fame
~~~~~~~~~~

Chris Bardell
July 28th 03, 11:23 PM
Anyone else hear WafflyCat Helen's Radio Norfolk interview this
morning?

She came across really well - sounds like she & her family had a
brilliant time in Paris. The programme's main theme was 'teenagers',
so after the bit about the Randonnee du Centennaire, the presenter got
Helen talking about her teenage son - well done to Helen for plugging
his cycling club. 8 minutes in total.

Anyway, I have the thing on audio tape & I'm sorting out a soft copy
as we speak.

--ChrisB

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home