PDA

View Full Version : Smugness

wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX
July 24th 03, 09:09 AM
Went to the doc this morning for my regular weigh-in in the quest to get from
fatbirdonabike to slightlypodgybirdonabike. So far I have lost a sniff over
31lbs, so I am allowing myself a few minutes of smugness ;-)

Onwards and downwards! So to speak...

Cheers, helen s

~~~~~~~~~~
This is sent from a redundant email
Mail sent to it is dumped
My correct one can be gleaned from
h$**$*$el$**e$n$**$d$**$o$*$t**$$s$**$im$mo$ns*@a$ **o$l.c$$*o$*m*$
by getting rid of the overdependence on money and fame
~~~~~~~~~~

wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX
July 24th 03, 09:45 AM
>Keep it up lass... over the last year me + partner have lost 190lbs
>between us - so we know it works!

Thanks - will do. I am doing my best to keep it up (or down!). The discipline
of being weighed at the doc with a nurse hovering by my shoulder is a useful
incentive.

Cheers, helen s

~~~~~~~~~~
This is sent from a redundant email
Mail sent to it is dumped
My correct one can be gleaned from
h$**$*$el$**e$n$**$d$**$o$*$t**$$s$**$im$mo$ns*@a$ **o$l.c$$*o$*m*$
by getting rid of the overdependence on money and fame
~~~~~~~~~~

panda
July 24th 03, 10:15 AM
wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX wrote:
>> Keep it up lass... over the last year me + partner have lost 190lbs
>> between us - so we know it works!
>
> Thanks - will do. I am doing my best to keep it up (or down!). The
> discipline of being weighed at the doc with a nurse hovering by my
> shoulder is a useful incentive.
>
> Cheers, helen s
>

> ~~~~~~~~~~
> This is sent from a redundant email
> Mail sent to it is dumped
> My correct one can be gleaned from
> h$**$*$el$**e$n$**$d$**$o$*$t**$$s$**$im$mo$ns*@a$ **o$l.c$$*o$*m*$
> by getting rid of the overdependence on money and fame
> ~~~~~~~~~~

did you know that if u suck ur stomach in you weigh less?

panda

Dave
July 24th 03, 10:53 AM
"wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX" > wrote in message
> Went to the doc this morning for my regular weigh-in in the quest to get
from
> fatbirdonabike to slightlypodgybirdonabike. So far I have lost a sniff
over
> 31lbs, so I am allowing myself a few minutes of smugness ;-)
>
> Onwards and downwards! So to speak...
>
> Cheers, helen s

Nice one Helen, keep it up...or down...
My wife said she'd lost 2lbs this morning...whilst being supportive, I
suggested she's merely mislaid it and it'd probably turn up again tomorrow.
I think the laughter burnt a few more calories, so it helped....
Cheers,
Dave.

al_Mossah
July 24th 03, 11:48 AM
"wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX" > wrote in message
> >Keep it up lass... over the last year me + partner have lost 190lbs
> >between us - so we know it works!
>
> Thanks - will do. I am doing my best to keep it up (or down!). The
discipline
> of being weighed at the doc with a nurse hovering by my shoulder is a
useful
> incentive.
>
> Cheers, helen s

I heard a story about a friend of a friend (may be an urban myth, but don't
think so) who went for her regular weigh in. She was disappointed to find
she'd put on a few pounds. Nurse comments that normally she is weighed in
bare feet, so should remove her shoes. Friend of Friend duly removes shoes
and steps back onto scales. "But I've still put on loads", she wails.
"Yes, but you're holding the shoes" was the explanation.

I think the friend of friend may have been a lawyer.

Peter.

wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX
July 24th 03, 01:00 PM
>Nice one Helen, keep it up...or down...

Thank you :-)

>I think the laughter burnt a few more calories, so it helped....

It does. Mind you an "active" session of se* burns up lots more calories.
Suggest that to her ;-)

Cheers, helen s

~~~~~~~~~~
This is sent from a redundant email
Mail sent to it is dumped
My correct one can be gleaned from
h$**$*$el$**e$n$**$d$**$o$*$t**$$s$**$im$mo$ns*@a$ **o$l.c$$*o$*m*$
by getting rid of the overdependence on money and fame
~~~~~~~~~~

Ningi
July 24th 03, 02:21 PM
wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX wrote:

> Went to the doc this morning for my regular weigh-in in the quest to get from
> fatbirdonabike to slightlypodgybirdonabike. So far I have lost a sniff over
> 31lbs, so I am allowing myself a few minutes of smugness ;-)
>
> Onwards and downwards! So to speak...
>
> Cheers, helen s
>
> ~~~~~~~~~~
> This is sent from a redundant email
> Mail sent to it is dumped
> My correct one can be gleaned from
> h$**$*$el$**e$n$**$d$**$o$*$t**$$s$**$im$mo$ns*@a$ **o$l.c$$*o$*m*$
> by getting rid of the overdependence on money and fame
> ~~~~~~~~~~

Well done! I'm going through a similar process and hit 22lbs loss since
early June. The smug feelings every couple of weeks are very rewarding.

I've (like you) promised myself a ludicrously expensive bicycle if I can
get down to 200lbs. That's also quite motivational.

Keep it up (not the weight, mind you)

Pete

David Hansen
July 24th 03, 02:56 PM
On 24 Jul 2003 13:27:00 GMT someone who may be
(wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX) wrote this:-

>>We both had seriously bad backs, coincidentally around the same time, about
>>3 years ago and although we've either largely recovered or work around, it
>
>Block, tackle & harness. That's what you need - could lead to "interesting"
>solutions ;-)

Nice idea:-)

Or how about some of the positions one hears about in books that
have lots of drawings and pictures?

prevents me using the RIP Act 2000.

JohnB
July 24th 03, 04:25 PM
panda wrote:

> wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX wrote:
> >> Keep it up lass... over the last year me + partner have lost 190lbs
> >> between us - so we know it works!
> >
> > Thanks - will do. I am doing my best to keep it up (or down!). The
> > discipline of being weighed at the doc with a nurse hovering by my
> > shoulder is a useful incentive.
> >

> did you know that if u suck ur stomach in you weigh less?
>
> panda

...... and if you cultivate an extended frontal aerodynamic shape you will
go faster ;-)

John B

James Hodson
July 24th 03, 09:31 PM
On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 10:48:58 +0000 (UTC), "al_Mossah"
> wrote:

>I heard a story about a friend of a friend (may be an urban myth, but don't
>think so) who went for her regular weigh in. She was disappointed to find
>she'd put on a few pounds. Nurse comments that normally she is weighed in
>bare feet, so should remove her shoes. Friend of Friend duly removes shoes
>and steps back onto scales. "But I've still put on loads", she wails.
>"Yes, but you're holding the shoes" was the explanation.
>
>I think the friend of friend may have been a lawyer.

Hi Peter

The friend may have also been either a doctor or an underwriter. Some
time ago I used the be an underwriter for a small life assurance
company in Worthing.

One applicant was somewhat overweight so, other things being equal,
might possibly be rated as having an increased risk of mortality. (IE,
more money for the company.)

The problem I and the CMO (consultant medical officer - a doctor) had
was how much more EM (extra mortality) to "charge" him as this
particular man, as well as being a little large, also was missing 0.75
of a leg.

How much does 0.75 of a leg weigh? Where's Archimedes when you need
him?

IIRC, we gave him the benefit of the doubt and supposed he had two
entire and intact lower limbs.

James

--
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/c.butty/Larrau.jpg

W K
July 24th 03, 11:05 PM
"James Hodson" > wrote in message

> The problem I and the CMO (consultant medical officer - a doctor) had
> was how much more EM (extra mortality) to "charge" him as this
> particular man, as well as being a little large, also was missing 0.75
> of a leg.
>
> How much does 0.75 of a leg weigh?

A good NHS piece of folklore ( may well be true).

Looking at the records they were very concerned that a patient had lost a
stone in a week in hospital.
You can guess the "punch line".

James Hodson
July 26th 03, 05:54 PM
On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 22:05:40 +0000 (UTC), "W K" >
wrote:

>> The problem I and the CMO (consultant medical officer - a doctor) had
>> was how much more EM (extra mortality) to "charge" him as this
>> particular man, as well as being a little large, also was missing 0.75
>> of a leg.
>>
>> How much does 0.75 of a leg weigh?
>
>A good NHS piece of folklore (may well be true).

Howdy, WK. In my case it was true - probably. The CMO's name was and
probably still is Dr EAB Cameron. Of course, Dr C could've just been
passing on a tale he'd already heard but I can't see the point given
the job he was doing for the company at the time.

>Looking at the records they were very concerned that a patient had lost a
>stone in a week in hospital.
>You can guess the "punch line".

Nope, I can't. Sorry, WK, wrong time of day. Is it something to do
with legs? Or, maybe, extremely heavy kidney stones? Something to do
with kidneys and Atkin's ketosis?

Sorry, mate. I'm at a loss. And no, I'm not deliberately being obtuse.

James

--
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/c.butty/Larrau.jpg

Google