PDA

View Full Version : Re: "Accident blackspots don't really exist any more"

Simon Proven
July 23rd 03, 10:35 PM
Geraint Jones wrote:

> Sorry, it's Our Friend In The North, intruding on the North Wales
> Police "Arrive Alive" campaign.
>
> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/low/wales/north_east/3086439.stm
>
> I'm not sure whether to rejoice that I'm at no more danger from
> speeding mdgs at any particular place, or to worry that I am at
> equal danger everywhere. ("...it's based on statistical errors.")

He hasn't a clue about statistics, as he's ably demonstrated
already.

Arthur Clune
July 24th 03, 10:03 AM
Geraint Jones > wrote:
: Sorry, it's Our Friend In The North, intruding on the North Wales
: Police "Arrive Alive" campaign.

Amazing isn't it. Create a bogus "pressure group", a web site and
some totally ******** stats and you to can be quoted all over the
place. Sigh.

Just zis Guy, you know?
July 24th 03, 10:13 AM
"Arthur Clune" > wrote in message
> Geraint Jones > wrote:

> : Sorry, it's Our Friend In The North, intruding on the North Wales
> : Police "Arrive Alive" campaign.

> Amazing isn't it. Create a bogus "pressure group", a web site and
> some totally ******** stats and you to can be quoted all over the
> place. Sigh.

May be worth clicking the "feedback" link and sending them a link to "who's
vulnerable" thread in uk.tosspot to show just how tenuous is Smith's grasp
of statistics. I have sent them a feedback describing his 12mph Comedy Web
Page and how it was laughed off the Internet, with a strong suggestion that
he may not be the best person to quote in matters statistical (at least not
if you value your credibility as a news source).

--
Guy
===

http://www.chapmancentral.com

Colin Blackburn
July 24th 03, 03:01 PM
In article >,
says...
> Sorry, it's Our Friend In The North, intruding on the North Wales
> Police "Arrive Alive" campaign.
>
> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/low/wales/north_east/3086439.stm

He also pops up responding to the same story at:

http://makeashorterlink.com/?Y30726065

fully:
http://icnorthwales.icnetwork.co.uk/news/regionalnews/content_objectid=
13204516_method=full_siteid=50142_headline=-Arrive-Alive-goes-under-
cover-name_page.html

Colin

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home