PDA

View Full Version : Re: A favour please?

Tony W
July 24th 03, 01:43 PM
"wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX" > wrote in message
> I am setting the vid to tape the ITV1 broadcast of Sunday's TdF final
stage.
> Just in case my technoability fails me - you know how it is when you
*need* to
> get something right - if anyone else tapes it, can I borrow if needed...
> please???

It would need an irrevocable, legally binding in all jurisdictions, signed
in blood undertaking that a slabbing would not be administered regardless of
when, where, when or how I might wear bibshorts. Any such undertaking would
need to bind PSF, her associates, staff, colleagues and successors -- in
perpetuity.

RG
July 24th 03, 02:29 PM
"wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX" > wrote in message
> I am setting the vid to tape the ITV1 broadcast of Sunday's TdF final
stage.
> Just in case my technoability fails me - you know how it is when you
*need* to
> get something right - if anyone else tapes it, can I borrow if needed...
> please???
>
> (grovel, grovel, kowtow in direction of monitor screen...)
>
> Cheers, helen s
>

> ~~~~~~~~~~
> This is sent from a redundant email
> Mail sent to it is dumped
> My correct one can be gleaned from
> h$**$*$el$**e$n$**$d$**$o$*$t**$$s$**$im$mo$ns*@a$ **o$l.c$$*o$*m*$
> by getting rid of the overdependence on money and fame
> ~~~~~~~~~~

Certainly, I'm leaving 'er indoors in charge of the video machine (actually
that's the normal situation anyway .... I got to use the TV remote last year
!)

Hope to see you en France

Rob

wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX
July 24th 03, 02:36 PM
>It would need an irrevocable, legally binding in all jurisdictions, signed
>in blood undertaking that a slabbing would not be administered regardless of
>when, where, when or how I might wear bibshorts. Any such undertaking would
>need to bind PSF, her associates, staff, colleagues and successors -- in
>perpetuity.

Alas, I shall have to politely decline :-)

LOL

Cheers, helen s

~~~~~~~~~~
This is sent from a redundant email
Mail sent to it is dumped
My correct one can be gleaned from
h$**$*$el$**e$n$**$d$**$o$*$t**$$s$**$im$mo$ns*@a$ **o$l.c$$*o$*m*$
by getting rid of the overdependence on money and fame
~~~~~~~~~~

wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX
July 24th 03, 02:38 PM
>Certainly, I'm leaving 'er indoors in charge of the video machine (actually
>that's the normal situation anyway .... I got to use the TV remote last year
>!)
>
>Hope to see you en France
>
>Rob

Excellent!!!

Well - I'm in the plain yellow helmet, on a Celeste Bianchi San Remo. Vernon is
on a blue Racelight, with blue helmet. Nathan is on a blue & silver Peugeot 400
with silver helmet.

Cheers, helen s

~~~~~~~~~~
This is sent from a redundant email
Mail sent to it is dumped
My correct one can be gleaned from
h$**$*$el$**e$n$**$d$**$o$*$t**$$s$**$im$mo$ns*@a$ **o$l.c$$*o$*m*$
by getting rid of the overdependence on money and fame
~~~~~~~~~~

Dave
July 24th 03, 03:03 PM
"wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX" > wrote in message
> >It would need an irrevocable, legally binding in all jurisdictions,
signed
> >in blood undertaking that a slabbing would not be administered regardless
of
> >when, where, when or how I might wear bibshorts. Any such undertaking
would
> >need to bind PSF, her associates, staff, colleagues and successors -- in
> >perpetuity.

> Alas, I shall have to politely decline :-)
>
> LOL
>
> Cheers, helen s

Pleased to see you are a fairy of principles, helen ;-)

RogerC
July 24th 03, 06:08 PM
Probably help. Live near Norwich -- let me know if you want to follow this
up.
Roger
"wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX" > wrote in message
> I am setting the vid to tape the ITV1 broadcast of Sunday's TdF final
stage.
> Just in case my technoability fails me - you know how it is when you
*need* to
> get something right - if anyone else tapes it, can I borrow if needed...
> please???
>
> (grovel, grovel, kowtow in direction of monitor screen...)
>
> Cheers, helen s
>

> ~~~~~~~~~~
> This is sent from a redundant email
> Mail sent to it is dumped
> My correct one can be gleaned from
> h$**$*$el$**e$n$**$d$**$o$*$t**$$s$**$im$mo$ns*@a$ **o$l.c$$*o$*m*$
> by getting rid of the overdependence on money and fame
> ~~~~~~~~~~

wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX
July 24th 03, 06:13 PM
>Probably help. Live near Norwich -- let me know if you want to follow this
>up.
>Roger

Thanks - The vid is set... so all *should* be okay...

Cheers, helen s

~~~~~~~~~~
This is sent from a redundant email
Mail sent to it is dumped
My correct one can be gleaned from
h$**$*$el$**e$n$**$d$**$o$*$t**$$s$**$im$mo$ns*@a$ **o$l.c$$*o$*m*$
by getting rid of the overdependence on money and fame
~~~~~~~~~~

Dan Gregory
July 24th 03, 07:24 PM
"wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX" > wrote in message
> Well - I'm in the plain yellow helmet, on a Celeste Bianchi San Remo.
Vernon is
> on a blue Racelight, with blue helmet. Nathan is on a blue & silver
Peugeot 400
> with silver helmet.
I'll be signing on about 5.30pm saturday ... wearing yellow & green RDFCC
top...Cougar frame in old Lampre colours and a Yellow Red Black PDM
(ancient)helmet to hide my silver hair.
Sunday I'll be one of the 3,333 in yellow tops! Trying to get to sign on by
7 so not too far back..
Anybody going on the 22.00 Newhaven Dieppe Friday ferry?
All the best
Dan Gregory

MSA
July 24th 03, 09:19 PM
"wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX" > wrote in message
> >Probably help. Live near Norwich -- let me know if you want to follow
this
> >up.
> >Roger
>
> Thanks - The vid is set... so all *should* be okay...
>
> Cheers, helen s
>

> ~~~~~~~~~~
> This is sent from a redundant email
> Mail sent to it is dumped
> My correct one can be gleaned from
> h$**$*$el$**e$n$**$d$**$o$*$t**$$s$**$im$mo$ns*@a$ **o$l.c$$*o$*m*$
> by getting rid of the overdependence on money and fame
> ~~~~~~~~~~

I have the whole set (so far!) from ITV2 digital if anyone needs anything.

--
Mark

"Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear
bright until you hear them speak"

Chris Bardell
July 24th 03, 09:44 PM
(wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX) wrote in message >...
> I am setting the vid to tape the ITV1 broadcast of Sunday's TdF final stage.
> Just in case my technoability fails me - you know how it is when you *need* to
> get something right - if anyone else tapes it, can I borrow if needed...
> please???
>
> (grovel, grovel, kowtow in direction of monitor screen...)
>
> Cheers, helen s

Yep, of course - I'll be watching it live (& the ITV2 highlights later
- obsessive) from the comfort of my Norwich front room - taping 'em
both. I may try to get a vicarious buzz by only drinking French booze
& eating only French food that day. I may also set fire to a live
British lamb for absolute authenticity ;-)

Have a great time in France & I'll listen out for your Radio Norfolk
broadcast. Mail me if you need the tape of the stage. And I'll try to
think of some way of uploading the radio prog.

PS: if there are any Tour souvenir musettes/bidons going begging...
:-)

--ChrisB

wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX
July 24th 03, 10:30 PM
>I have the whole set (so far!) from ITV2 digital if anyone needs anything.

You may be a man in demand ;-)

Cheers, helen s

~~~~~~~~~~
This is sent from a redundant email
Mail sent to it is dumped
My correct one can be gleaned from
h$**$*$el$**e$n$**$d$**$o$*$t**$$s$**$im$mo$ns*@a$ **o$l.c$$*o$*m*$
by getting rid of the overdependence on money and fame
~~~~~~~~~~

wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX
July 24th 03, 10:31 PM
>I may also set fire to a live
>British lamb for absolute authenticity ;-)

LOL!!!

>Have a great time in France & I'll listen out for your Radio Norfolk
>broadcast. Mail me if you need the tape of the stage. And I'll try to
>think of some way of uploading the radio prog.

Thanks :-)

>PS: if there are any Tour souvenir musettes/bidons going begging...
>:-)

I shall see what I can do.

Cheers, helen s

~~~~~~~~~~
This is sent from a redundant email
Mail sent to it is dumped
My correct one can be gleaned from
h$**$*$el$**e$n$**$d$**$o$*$t**$$s$**$im$mo$ns*@a$ **o$l.c$$*o$*m*$
by getting rid of the overdependence on money and fame
~~~~~~~~~~

wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX
July 24th 03, 10:49 PM
>No offence Helen and I don't want to scare you but when I set a vid to
>record, I came back from my weekend break to find my vid had been reset by
>an unexpected power cut due to lighting storms.

Not scared - I am used to such dastardly tricks of nature - and electricity
companies. hence my earlier plea in case of such tragedy.

>Cheery Ho and have a good trip

Thanks - I aim to have a good trip!

Cheers, helen s

This is sent from a redundant email
Mail sent to it is dumped
My correct one can be gleaned from
by getting rid of the overdependence on money and fame

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home