PDA

View Full Version : Re: Possibly maybe perhaps...

Peter B
July 24th 03, 08:15 PM
"Just zis Guy, you know?" > wrote in message
> if someone wouldn't mind having a quick look at
> http://www.chapmancentral.com for me? Demon has done the needful and
> I think the IP change should have propagated by now.

Yeah. Receiving it out here in the provinces Guy.........Guy........can you
hear me?

PS:
Opened the link to that nice young lady in the b*bshorts and came over all
hot and bothered so quickly opened the link to "Nipples" Colyer which has
put paid to my libido ad infinitum :-(

Pete

Tim Woodall
July 24th 03, 08:28 PM
On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 19:02:44 +0100,
Just zis Guy, you know? > wrote:
> if someone wouldn't mind having a quick look at
> http://www.chapmancentral.com for me? Demon has done the needful and
> I think the IP change should have propagated by now.

It's working here. Your front page could do with a bit of updating -
key bits of news missing: "You're now on Demon" and "the bent is broken".

On a slightly more serious note, on your recumbent FAQ you talk about
30mph being slightly unstable on a DF and 40mph scary (I forget the
exact words) I've never experienced any problems like this, trying to
pedal at >45mph can make the bike a little unstable but that is more
to do with inadequate gearing at those sorts of speeds. Am I lucky
with my DF or just an insane risk taker?

Tim.

and there was light.

Mr R@t \(2.3 zulu-alpha\) [comms room 2]
July 24th 03, 08:40 PM
In ,
Just zis Guy, you know? > typed:
> if someone wouldn't mind having a quick look at
> http://www.chapmancentral.com for me? Demon has done the needful and
> I think the IP change should have propagated by now.
>
> Ta

Received loud and clear up the road ;)

Can't help laughing at the fact that this data has probably been down
*hundreds* of miles of cable and fibre, to end up at a computer merely 2
miles (if that) away from Guy's machine!

Alex

chris French
July 24th 03, 08:40 PM
In message >, "Just zis Guy,
you know?" > writes
>if someone wouldn't mind having a quick look at
>http://www.chapmancentral.com for me?

Receiving you here up north.

Working fine in IE5.5,

Bit of a problem with the site and Opera (7.11) though.

Home page comes up all right, but if I select a menu option (I tried
about 10 all were the same) I get a 404 error:

'Http Status Code: 404

Reason: File not found or unable to read file'

Links in the text are fine though.

It was working before ok for me.
--
Chris French, Leeds

Danny Colyer
July 24th 03, 08:52 PM
Peter B wrote:
> Opened the link to that nice young lady in the b*bshorts and came
> over all hot and bothered so quickly opened the link to "Nipples"
> Colyer which has put paid to my libido ad infinitum :-(

Just call me Mr Bromide.

Sadly I couldn't find the link to the nice young lade in the b*bshorts.
I guess if you find it YMMV :->

(Sorry, I've just read Tim's post on the Muscles thread).

BTW Guy, when I click 'Home' I get 404. That's in Opera 7.02. It works
fine in IE6, where I discovered a whole menu system that doesn't work in
Opera.

I can't access the cycling links via the Cycling menu in IE either
though.

--
Danny Colyer (remove safety to reply) ( http://www.juggler.net/danny )
Recumbent cycle page: http://www.speedy5.freeserve.co.uk/recumbents/

Just zis Guy, you know?
July 24th 03, 08:55 PM
On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 19:28:31 +0000 (UTC), Tim Woodall
> wrote:

>Am I lucky
>with my DF or just an insane risk taker?

Judging from my conversations with other DF riders, touring bikes go
wobbly at lower speeds - road bikes are apparently OK at higher
speeds. MTBs get unstable sooner than audax bikes. All this is
empirical, though.

Guy
===
** WARNING ** This posting may contain traces of irony.
http://www.chapmancentral.com
[currently offline awaiting ADSL transfer to new ISP]

James Hodson
July 24th 03, 09:54 PM
On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 19:02:44 +0100, "Just zis Guy, you know?"
> wrote:

>if someone wouldn't mind having a quick look at
>http://www.chapmancentral.com for me? Demon has done the needful and
>I think the IP change should have propagated by now.

You've been hacked, Guy. There's a wierd pic of some extremely strange
mustacioed (sp?) bloke riding a trandem with a couple of kidlettes
hanging on behind.

Also, there's another far more disturbing cartoon image of an Einstein
look-alike ridig a ... erm ... bike with the chainwheels in absolutely
the wrong place.

Otherwise, the site seems to be functioning.

James

--
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/c.butty/Larrau.jpg

Just zis Guy, you know?
July 24th 03, 10:06 PM
On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 20:52:23 +0100, "Danny Colyer"
> wrote:

>BTW Guy, when I click 'Home' I get 404. That's in Opera 7.02. It works
>fine in IE6, where I discovered a whole menu system that doesn't work in
>Opera.

Yes the menu system is due to be replaced Real Soon Now with a vastly
improved model. But first I have to finish Mars Electronics' billset
system, JD Wetherspoon's new online recruitment site, HMV's new jobs
on their site...

Guy
===
** WARNING ** This posting may contain traces of irony.
http://www.chapmancentral.com
[currently offline awaiting ADSL transfer to new ISP]

iarocu
July 25th 03, 10:57 AM
"Just zis Guy, you know?" > wrote in message >...
> if someone wouldn't mind having a quick look at
> http://www.chapmancentral.com for me? Demon has done the needful and
> I think the IP change should have propagated by now.
>
> Ta
>
> Guy
> ===
> ** WARNING ** This posting may contain traces of irony.
> http://www.chapmancentral.com
> [currently offline awaiting ADSL transfer to new ISP]

Being received fine in Scotland. Appreciated the fact the SafeSp**d
link is correctly listed in the humour menu.
cheers Iain C

AndyK
July 25th 03, 07:13 PM
> if someone wouldn't mind having a quick look at
> http://www.chapmancentral.com for me? Demon has done the needful and
> I think the IP change should have propagated by now.
>
> Ta
>
> Guy
> ===
> ** WARNING ** This posting may contain traces of irony.
> http://www.chapmancentral.com
> [currently offline awaiting ADSL transfer to new ISP]

Nope, I don't see it. (Only kidding)

btw at risk of provoking a recumbent war (not me, I *will* have a
windcheetah as soon as I'm living in a flat large enough) Mr Einstein never
rode a recumbent, diddee? That famous picture was him on an upright...

Just zis Guy, you know?
July 25th 03, 07:31 PM
"AndyK" > wrote in message

> Mr Einstein never
> rode a recumbent, diddee? That famous picture was him on an upright...

I blame the Provisional UCI...

--
Guy
===

http://www.chapmancentral.com

Danny Colyer
July 25th 03, 10:43 PM
chris French wrote:
> As I mentioned elsewhere in the thread, I had a problem with Opera
> (7.11), which then just went away.

I've just upgraded to 7.11, the problem is still there for me.
Hopefully it'll be fixed when Guy finds time to change the menu system.

I also accidentally downloaded the Catalan version of Opera 7.11, so
I've now got to start another 12.5MB download to get the English
version. B*gger.

--
Danny Colyer (remove safety to reply) ( http://www.juggler.net/danny )
Recumbent cycle page: http://www.speedy5.freeserve.co.uk/recumbents/

chris French
July 25th 03, 11:02 PM
In message >, Danny Colyer
> writes
>chris French wrote:
>> As I mentioned elsewhere in the thread, I had a problem with Opera
>> (7.11), which then just went away.
>
>I've just upgraded to 7.11, the problem is still there for me.

Odd, it doesn't seem to be here.

>Hopefully it'll be fixed when Guy finds time to change the menu system.

Indeed.

>I also accidentally downloaded the Catalan version of Opera 7.11, so
>I've now got to start another 12.5MB download to get the English
>version. B*gger.

B*gger indeed - though on Broadband it's more of an 'oh silly billy'
scenario :-)

I'm mostly trying 7.2 now though which is beta, but pretty not so's
you'd notice.
--
Chris French, Leeds

Just zis Guy, you know?
July 26th 03, 06:03 PM
On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 22:43:24 +0100, "Danny Colyer"
> wrote:

>I've just upgraded to 7.11, the problem is still there for me.

If you have the patience, you could try at some point and let me know
the time of day you did so - I could then see from my server log what
your copy of Opera is presenting as (Opera spoofs as other things, as
you know).

I do have some code for new menus, but bolting it in is not the
easiest thing in the world.

Guy
===
** WARNING ** This posting may contain traces of irony.
http://www.chapmancentral.com
[currently offline awaiting ADSL transfer to new ISP]

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home