PDA

View Full Version : well done Redingensians!

Mr R@t \(2.3 zulu-alpha\) [comms room 2]
July 24th 03, 08:50 PM
Local rag reports today a drop in town centre traffic, and allegedly a *25%*
increase in cyclists around Reading!

Whilst all statistics should be treated with some caution, I do think there
are more of us in the city[1] these days - and not even conforming to
stereotypes. I have seen youngsters on 'bents and Bromptons, old people on
BMXs, scally teenage types wearing h*lm*ts - everyone from ravers and tokers
to the town preachers is getting on their bikes - this can only be a Good
Thing!

Alex

[1] The municipal authorities are now determined to call it such, even if
this is "disrespecting the Queen".

Just zis Guy, you know?
July 24th 03, 10:09 PM
On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 20:50:24 +0100, "Mr R@t \(2.3 zulu-alpha\) [comms
room 2]" > wrote:

>Local rag reports today a drop in town centre traffic, and allegedly a *25%*
>increase in cyclists around Reading!

We've increased the number of cyclists by up to 200% per bike!

Guy
===
** WARNING ** This posting may contain traces of irony.
http://www.chapmancentral.com
[currently offline awaiting ADSL transfer to new ISP]

Jeremy Parker
July 28th 03, 10:45 AM

> Local rag reports today a drop in town centre traffic, and allegedly a *25%*
> increase in cyclists around Reading!

Does anyone know why it happened? If it was, for example, because of
mass layoffs in downtown offices, or the opening of a new suburban
shopping centre, that would not be a good thing.

Jeremy Parker

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home