PDA

View Full Version : chased by a cat!

Mr R@t \(2.3 zulu-alpha\) [comms room 2]
July 24th 03, 09:00 PM
whilst cycling into town one night I heard a horrendous yowl; looked behind
me, and found that a tom-cat, having seen off one rival, was now running
behind my bike, still yowling! after *me*!

It was quite dark, and I am not too proud to say that this unnerved me to
the extent that I sped up quite rapidly and left the animal some distance
behind, although it certainly chased me for a good 6 metres or so - it was
only some seconds later I realised this was merely /felis silvestris catus/
and not some jungle creature!

I didn't think cats would bother chasing bikes (although mine has vaulted my
bike before to get to its food bowl, and it is normally rather lazy). Was
this just a particularly belligerent specimen?

Alex

wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX
July 24th 03, 10:32 PM
>Was
>this just a particularly belligerent specimen?

No, it was just doing it becasue, as a cat, it could.

Cheers, helen s

~~~~~~~~~~
This is sent from a redundant email
Mail sent to it is dumped
My correct one can be gleaned from
h$**$*$el$**e$n$**$d$**$o$*$t**$$s$**$im$mo$ns*@a$ **o$l.c$$*o$*m*$
by getting rid of the overdependence on money and fame
~~~~~~~~~~

Dave
July 24th 03, 10:50 PM
"Mr R@t (2.3 zulu-alpha) [comms room 2]" > wrote in
message ...
> whilst cycling into town one night I heard a horrendous yowl; looked
behind
> me, and found that a tom-cat, having seen off one rival, was now running
> behind my bike, still yowling! after *me*!
>
> It was quite dark, and I am not too proud to say that this unnerved me to
> the extent that I sped up quite rapidly and left the animal some distance
> behind, although it certainly chased me for a good 6 metres or so - it was
> only some seconds later I realised this was merely /felis silvestris
catus/
> and not some jungle creature!
>
> I didn't think cats would bother chasing bikes (although mine has vaulted
my
> bike before to get to its food bowl, and it is normally rather lazy). Was
> this just a particularly belligerent specimen?
>
> Alex

Was this cat wearing a hat?...a red and white hooped cartoon topper type
?.....
Noting your handle, Mr R@t, a certain idea springs to mind ;-)
Dave.

W K
July 24th 03, 11:03 PM
"wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX" > wrote in message
> >Was
> >this just a particularly belligerent specimen?
>
> No, it was just doing it becasue, as a cat, it could.

Its very unlike a cat to expend any energy (I could leave it there) for any
good reason.
I'm very surprised that a cat would behave that even if enormously riled.
They don't have the same sense of human territory that dogs do.

wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX
July 25th 03, 12:12 AM
>I'm very surprised that a cat would behave that even if enormously riled.

You've not met Waffles. She's ruler of these here parts - Queen Of All She
Surveys, Holder of the Sacred Chalice of Bast, Keeper Of The Rings Of Felis,
All Round Superior Life Form, Dark Avenger Destroyer Of Rodents, and Mummy's
Furry Lady. Weighing all of six pounds, she can leap a six foot fence with a
rabbit in her jaws, and go for the jugular of any unwary deer that happens to
get into *her* garden.

>They don't have the same sense of human territory that dogs do.

Oh but they do - cats are very territorial in nature.

Cheers, helen s

~~~~~~~~~~
This is sent from a redundant email
Mail sent to it is dumped
My correct one can be gleaned from
h$**$*$el$**e$n$**$d$**$o$*$t**$$s$**$im$mo$ns*@a$ **o$l.c$$*o$*m*$
by getting rid of the overdependence on money and fame
~~~~~~~~~~

Nick Kew
July 25th 03, 12:22 AM
In article >, one of infinite monkeys
at the keyboard of "Mr R@t \(2.3 zulu-alpha\) [comms room 2]" > wrote:
> only some seconds later I realised this was merely /felis silvestris catus/
> and not some jungle creature!

Don't be deceived. What you saw was just what the cat wanted you to see;
a mere projection of the greater self from L-space.

--
Axis of Evil: Whose economy needs ever more wars?
Arms Exports $bn: USA 14.2, UK 5.1, vs France 1.5, Germany 0.8

elyob
July 25th 03, 09:52 AM
"Mr R@t (2.3 zulu-alpha) [comms room 2]" > wrote in
message ...
> whilst cycling into town one night I heard a horrendous yowl; looked
behind
> me, and found that a tom-cat, having seen off one rival, was now running
> behind my bike, still yowling! after *me*!
>
> It was quite dark, and I am not too proud to say that this unnerved me to
> the extent that I sped up quite rapidly and left the animal some distance
> behind, although it certainly chased me for a good 6 metres or so - it was
> only some seconds later I realised this was merely /felis silvestris
catus/
> and not some jungle creature!
>
> I didn't think cats would bother chasing bikes (although mine has vaulted
my
> bike before to get to its food bowl, and it is normally rather lazy). Was
> this just a particularly belligerent specimen?
>
> Alex

And you didn't stop and give it a good kicking? What's the world coming to?

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home