PDA

View Full Version : ground bolt thingy-ma-jig

Gadget
July 24th 03, 10:30 PM
I saw this item that allows you to secure your bike to a wall or floor. It
is pretty much a permanent thing. I require one because my new flat has no
outside storage to speak of and the flat is also too small to get all my
other things, plus my g/f's things into. There is an outside area which is
shared with our neighbours and is gated off from the main steps leading up
to the flats. We know the neighbours very well as they were the ones that
first told us about the flat. Any way back to the ground bolt loop thingy. I
saw a picture of one advertised and I can't find it. The picture is of a guy
on a forklift trying to rip the bolt from the ground but with forklift
tipping over forkside, i.e bolt holding firm. Does any one know what I'm on
about and where can I get one?

Gadget

P.S. The new flat takes 6 miles off my commute leaving me with only 1.5
miles to work. :o(

Trevor Barton
July 24th 03, 11:44 PM
Gadget > wrote:
> I saw this item that allows you to secure your bike to a wall or floor. It
> is pretty much a permanent thing. I require one because my new flat has no
> outside storage to speak of and the flat is also too small to get all my
> other things, plus my g/f's things into. There is an outside area which is

Nice of you to share a flat with your grandfather!

Trev

Gadget
July 25th 03, 05:07 AM
> Nice of you to share a flat with your grandfather!
>
> Trev

Have I missed some fundemental internet NG coding or is Trev having a wind
up.
I doubt it though, since both passed on before I was born. Would love to of
met them though. Sounded like a great pair of guys.

Gadget

Gavin Will
July 25th 03, 08:47 AM
They are called Ground Anchors. Motorbikers use them alot. this is
quite a good one that is flush with the ground when not in use

http://www.autolok.co.uk/pages/p6ktga.htm

Gavin

Colin Blackburn
July 25th 03, 09:45 AM
In article >,
says...
> I saw this item that allows you to secure your bike to a wall or floor. It
> is pretty much a permanent thing. I require one because my new flat has no
> outside storage to speak of and the flat is also too small to get all my
> other things, plus my g/f's things into. There is an outside area which is
> shared with our neighbours and is gated off from the main steps leading up
> to the flats. We know the neighbours very well as they were the ones that
> first told us about the flat. Any way back to the ground bolt loop thingy. I
> saw a picture of one advertised and I can't find it. The picture is of a guy
> on a forklift trying to rip the bolt from the ground but with forklift
> tipping over forkside, i.e bolt holding firm. Does any one know what I'm on
> about and where can I get one?

http://www.tuskstore.com/frames.htm

do a selection of ground and wall anchors suitable for bike storage.

Colin

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home