PDA

View Full Version : Week day chain gangs in London

Bert Smith
July 25th 03, 05:00 AM
I live and work in Central London. Are there any convient week day
evening chain gangs without having to travel many many miles? I know
I am asking a lot...

Neil D
July 25th 03, 12:54 PM
"Bert Smith" > wrote in message
om...
> I live and work in Central London. Are there any convient week day
> evening chain gangs without having to travel many many miles? I know
> I am asking a lot...

I used to live in Paddington, by riding anti clockwise round Hyde park
(about 5m a lap).
I got to meet a few strong riders. After a few weeks we had a good group
going.
Some did a hard lap then an easy ect, depending on ability.
A typical night would be:
3 laps warm-up/chat, 4 hard, 1~2 easy.
Why not start a group?

davep
July 25th 03, 02:05 PM
Bert Smith wrote:

> I live and work in Central London. Are there any convient week day
> evening chain gangs without having to travel many many miles? I know
> I am asking a lot...

if 7 miles isn't too far , the guys from bikepark ( bikepark.co.uk/rides
)
do 3 quick circuits of Richmond Park every weds from 1830.
they have shops in chelsea and covent garden.

Panasonic
July 25th 03, 06:28 PM
"davep" > wrote in message
> Bert Smith wrote:
> >
> > I live and work in Central London. Are there any convient week day
> > evening chain gangs without having to travel many many miles? I know
> > I am asking a lot...
>
> if 7 miles isn't too far , the guys from bikepark ( bikepark.co.uk/rides
> )
> do 3 quick circuits of Richmond Park every weds from 1830.
> they have shops in chelsea and covent garden.

Looks as though a 20 mph limit is going to be imposed in the park soon.

http://www.royalparks.gov.uk/richmond.htm

July 25th 03, 11:57 PM
> Looks as though a 20 mph limit is going to be imposed in the park soon.
>
> http://www.royalparks.gov.uk/richmond.htm

Guess I'll have to switch to clockwise :/))))))

Actually there are some other interesting points for Richmond Park users,
especially closure of Robin Hood Gate ... this from the above link:

"The key decisions are that:

* The speed limit within Richmond Park will be reduced to 20mph. This
proposal was supported by a majority of respondents to the consultation
and will help to protect the Park and its wildlife, as well as increasing
pedestrian safety;
* Richmond Park's Pen Ponds car park, sited in centre of a nationally
important 250 acre zone of acid grassland, will stay open. It will be
scaled down to 95 spaces, including 11 disabled park bays;
* Robin Hood Gate will be shut to motor traffic for a 12 month trial
period with a review of its impact after just 3 months;
* Bus links to the park will be improved but there will be no bus
links through it;
* Existing car parks will be enhanced through resurfacing, capacity
enhancement and landscaping. This will provide around 50 additional
parking spaces;
* Road crossings for pedestrians will be improved;
* Any form of road charging in the park is rejected for the
foreseeable future."

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home