PDA

View Full Version : Re: body armour

Peter B
July 26th 03, 08:00 AM
"doobrie" > wrote in message
. ..
> thinking about this riding to work malarky ... 15 miles each way on an A
> road most of the way ... with this much milage (150 a week for those
> also drunk!) to/from work (9am start work time 6pm finish work time) at
> fairly busy traffic times other than helmet, lights, mudguards, hi vis
> jacket, etc would this body armour stuff be worth using or is it too
> clumsy, heavy, warm to wear for cycling?

I'd imagine it would be. It's aimed at serious downhillers who only pedal
when all other means of propulsion fail :-)

Pete

Simon Mason
July 26th 03, 05:05 PM
"doobrie" > wrote in message
. ..
> > When you're sufficiently drunk - just possibly. I expect it'd save you
> > some skin if you fall off and skid along a road or ditch.
> >
> > But how's it supposed to help if it's not you but some cager who's
****ed?

> ;) i really did ask this question didnt i ... lol
>
> oh well ... several beers on a friday night was to blame!

Yes, I go nowhere near my e-mails or NGs when I've had a few!

Simon

Just zis Guy, you know?
July 26th 03, 09:20 PM
On Sat, 26 Jul 2003 19:35:12 +0100, "Spencer Bullen"
> wrote:

>you should try cycling in the kit I've got as a police officer!

Happily not - the plod shown in press pics are always shown on
top-spec bikes with comfy-looking short-sleeved shiurts - clearly this
is the usual Complete ******** for the masses ;-)

Guy
===
** WARNING ** This posting may contain traces of irony.
http://www.chapmancentral.com
[currently offline awaiting ADSL transfer to new ISP]

Jim Price
July 28th 03, 08:22 PM
Spencer Bullen wrote:

> As for uniform, there is no official stuff, just bits cobbled together from
> what is already in stores, with the one exception of the Helmet. The shoes
> issued were steel toe capped work shoes, used by garage hands and the like,
> and the most uncomfortable things I have ever had the displeasure of cycling
> in!

If there is a person who could be influenced on shoe buying policy, you
might let them know that I find the Doc Martens Industrial shoe to be
quite comfortable for cycling, and it has steel toecaps and other
features found on work boots (e.g. kevlar...). Others might too,
perhaps. There may even be some in the stores. Not that I wear these all
the time, just for local London cycling.

--
Jim Price

http://www.jimprice.dsl.pipex.com

Peter B
July 29th 03, 05:43 PM
"Jim Price" > wrote in message
> If there is a person who could be influenced on shoe buying policy, you
> might let them know that I find the Doc Martens Industrial shoe to be
> quite comfortable for cycling, and it has steel toecaps and other
> features found on work boots (e.g. kevlar...). Others might too,
> perhaps.

Yes indeed. One of our customers requires us to wear steelies on their site
and my memories of them weren't good, however I was pleasantly surprised at
how comfy a new pair of Docs is straight out the box.

Pete

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home