PDA

View Full Version : Re: Axial Pro tyres - green/black

Tim
July 28th 03, 02:54 PM
Ian,
They stopped making that tyre. I have a pair on my TCR, they're great. I
have just bought they new version, can't remember the new name, will check
tonight if you like?

Tommy

"Ian" > wrote in message
> Does anybody know where I can get some Michelin Axial Pro tyres 700 x 23,
In
> green, they were produced in 2000 I think. They look like same as the
> current lite winter ones.
> There must be a cycle shop somewhere that still has stock, I have checked
> lot of online shops, they only have the newer colours though.
>
> TIA

Arthur Clune
July 28th 03, 04:19 PM
Tim > wrote:
: Ian,
: They stopped making that tyre. I have a pair on my TCR, they're great. I
: have just bought they new version, can't remember the new name, will check
: tonight if you like?

Axial Pro Race. A truely excellent tyre IMO.

You can still get (or at least could fairly recently) Axial Pros from
the bucket merchants (try Parkers or Ribble) but I'll guess you won't
be able to for much longer.

Arthur

Callas
July 29th 03, 09:11 AM
wrote:
> They stopped making that tyre. I have a pair on my TCR, they're great.

I found they wore out *very* quickly, and were vulnerable to punctures.
Nice ride, though. I'd use them for a race, but not for training or
commuting.

--
Callas

Arthur Clune
July 29th 03, 10:23 AM
Callas > wrote:

: I found they wore out *very* quickly, and were vulnerable to punctures.
: Nice ride, though. I'd use them for a race, but not for training or
: commuting.

The new ones (Axial Pro Race) and very puncture resistant
(only one puncture on them so far this year (touches wood) and
that was a snakebite caused by hitting a large stone at 30mph).

Wear, well, it's what you'd expect for a race tyre.

Arthur

Tom Jackson
July 29th 03, 01:22 PM
>"Ian" > wrote in message
>> Does anybody know where I can get some Michelin Axial Pro tyres 700 x 23,
>In
>> green, they were produced in 2000 I think. They look like same as the
>> current lite winter ones.

Oldham Cycle centre seem to have them, 18.50 a tyre.

http://www.oldhamcyclecentre.co.uk/index.html?target=dept_23.html&lang=en-gb

I've had great service from this shop in the past.

tom.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home