PDA

View Full Version : unwanted stems - any interest?

Velvet
July 28th 03, 07:13 PM
As the subject says - I have three stems, all of which have been on my
bike for varying lengths of time.

One is a black ITM '7'-shaped 22.2mm quill stem, front-loading. On bike
from new, done less than 100 miles, never been in rain. Possibly
missing little plug for hole where the adjustment is.

Next is an adjustable-angle stem, been on the bike for very very few
miles, having discovered it was too high for existing cable slack and
clamped on rear brake on sharp turns ;-) Chromed finish, 22.2mm quill,
adjusts between -10 deg (points slightly to ground) and +60 deg rake
(pointing up in air) with 0 deg being a right angle, iirc. 'Pro' zoom
seems to be the make. Front loading. Also never been in rain.

And last, a second?hand quill to ahead adapter stem. 22.2mm quill base,
with a shim to convert to what I *think* is the larger of the ahead
sizes (not the 25.4, which is what the bare ahead part of it seems to
be). It's a little rusty around the part that the shim fits over, and
requires a long allen-key bit on a wrench to fit (the bolt is recessed
quite deep inside the stem).

Can provide more details if needed, or a pic. Given the first two are
as new, looking for something not too far off retail for them, but the
third probably not more than a few quid (plus postage for all of them,
naturally).

Velvet

Alex Graham
July 29th 03, 09:15 PM
Velvet wrote:
> As the subject says - I have three stems, all of which have been on my
> bike for varying lengths of time.
>
> One is a black ITM '7'-shaped 22.2mm quill stem, front-loading. On bike
> from new, done less than 100 miles, never been in rain. Possibly
> missing little plug for hole where the adjustment is.
>
> Next is an adjustable-angle stem, been on the bike for very very few
> miles, having discovered it was too high for existing cable slack and
> clamped on rear brake on sharp turns ;-) Chromed finish, 22.2mm quill,
> adjusts between -10 deg (points slightly to ground) and +60 deg rake
> (pointing up in air) with 0 deg being a right angle, iirc. 'Pro' zoom
> seems to be the make. Front loading. Also never been in rain.
>
> And last, a second?hand quill to ahead adapter stem. 22.2mm quill base,
> with a shim to convert to what I *think* is the larger of the ahead
> sizes (not the 25.4, which is what the bare ahead part of it seems to
> be). It's a little rusty around the part that the shim fits over, and
> requires a long allen-key bit on a wrench to fit (the bolt is recessed
> quite deep inside the stem).
>
> Can provide more details if needed, or a pic. Given the first two are
> as new, looking for something not too far off retail for them, but the
> third probably not more than a few quid (plus postage for all of them,
> naturally).
>
> Velvet

How long is the ITM quill?

--

-Alex

----------------------------------

http://alexpg.ath.cx:3353/cycling.php
http://www.westerleycycling.org.uk
----------------------------------

Velvet
July 29th 03, 09:28 PM
Alex Graham wrote:

> Velvet wrote:
>
>> As the subject says - I have three stems, all of which have been on my
>> bike for varying lengths of time.
>>
>> One is a black ITM '7'-shaped 22.2mm quill stem, front-loading. On
>> bike from new, done less than 100 miles, never been in rain. Possibly
>> missing little plug for hole where the adjustment is.
>>
>> Next is an adjustable-angle stem, been on the bike for very very few
>> miles, having discovered it was too high for existing cable slack and
>> clamped on rear brake on sharp turns ;-) Chromed finish, 22.2mm
>> quill, adjusts between -10 deg (points slightly to ground) and +60 deg
>> rake (pointing up in air) with 0 deg being a right angle, iirc. 'Pro'
>> zoom seems to be the make. Front loading. Also never been in rain.
>>
>> And last, a second?hand quill to ahead adapter stem. 22.2mm quill
>> base, with a shim to convert to what I *think* is the larger of the
>> ahead sizes (not the 25.4, which is what the bare ahead part of it
>> seems to be). It's a little rusty around the part that the shim fits
>> over, and requires a long allen-key bit on a wrench to fit (the bolt
>> is recessed quite deep inside the stem).
>>
>> Can provide more details if needed, or a pic. Given the first two are
>> as new, looking for something not too far off retail for them, but the
>> third probably not more than a few quid (plus postage for all of them,
>> naturally).
>>
>> Velvet
>>

> How long is the ITM quill?

Not quite sure how to measure, but it's 85mm from min insertion line to
top of stem, then 100mm from back of stem to middle of clamp round bars?
If measured from middle of adjusting bolt hole in top of stem to
middle of clamp around bars, 90mm. Like I said, it's a 7 shape, so has
that slant to the stem that puts the other bit on roughly horizontal -
couldn't tell you if it's actually a slight downhill angle as it's not
been on the bike for quite a while.

Having said it's an ITM - I think that's what the Dawes website says -
there's no really much in the way of manufacturer ID on the stem itself.
Came off Dawes Audax bike, bought in autumn 2001, iirc.

Velvet

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home