PDA

View Full Version : Giant FCR2 V Specialized Sirrus Sport

Paul
July 28th 03, 09:26 PM
Latest upgrade is between these 2 fine looking machines. Not looking to
race, merely train and ride for leisure. All opinions are welcome - the
more the better.

I like the look of both of them but can't work out whether the Giant has the
'twist grip' gear shifters whereas the Specialized has the more traditional
rapidfire, which I prefer. Can anyone confirm this part of the spec on the
Giant?

Thanks.

Paul

Andy
July 29th 03, 09:25 AM
"Paul" > wrote in message >...
> Latest upgrade is between these 2 fine looking machines. Not looking to
> race, merely train and ride for leisure. All opinions are welcome - the
> more the better.

I was looking at purchasing the FCR 2, but instead got a 2002
Ridgeback Genesis Day 02. I tried the FCR 2 and found the frame too
small for me, had to have the seat post way up to even have a go at
riding.

I spose it depends on your size, (i'm quite a big bloke) but i would
suggest you have a look at the Genesis range as i have to say it is
one hell of a bike ...

tested her out on the weekend and am mightly impressed. I also got it
for not much more than the FCR 2 as its a 2002 model.

Mill Ward
July 29th 03, 10:03 AM
"Temp3st" > wrote in message >...
> "Paul" > wrote in message
> > Latest upgrade is between these 2 fine looking machines. Not looking to
> > race, merely train and ride for leisure. All opinions are welcome - the
> > more the better.
> >
> > I like the look of both of them but can't work out whether the Giant has
> the
> > 'twist grip' gear shifters whereas the Specialized has the more
> traditional
> > rapidfire, which I prefer. Can anyone confirm this part of the spec on
> the
> > Giant?
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > Paul
> >

> Having just purchased the very bike - I can confirm the Giant has rapid
> fire.
> I also believe the Giant is lighter than the Specialized.

What's the FCR2 like generally? Worth the cash?

MW

Michael MacClancy
July 29th 03, 04:00 PM
In message >, Paul
> writes
>Latest upgrade is between these 2 fine looking machines. Not looking to
>race, merely train and ride for leisure. All opinions are welcome - the
>more the better.
>
>I like the look of both of them but can't work out whether the Giant has the
>'twist grip' gear shifters whereas the Specialized has the more traditional
>rapidfire, which I prefer. Can anyone confirm this part of the spec on the
>Giant?
>
>Thanks.
>
>Paul

Rapidfire on the Giant. My wife has this bike and is completely
satisfied with it. She uses it 3-4 times/week for a 32 mile round trip
commute and finds it fast and comfortable.
--
Michael MacClancy

ebola
July 29th 03, 05:41 PM
Temp3st wrote:
> Having just purchased the very bike - I can confirm the Giant has rapid
> fire. I also believe the Giant is lighter than the Specialized.

If so - how much lighter is the Giant? - I've been considering the
Specialized Sirrus range so far as I prefer the appearance. The more
monochrome the better. I guess Mass would be a more sensible deciding
factor than Colour Scheme as I am also fussed about how quickly it can
get me somewhere for the same effort level.

Saint
July 29th 03, 06:20 PM
"ebola" > wrote in message
> Temp3st wrote:
> > Having just purchased the very bike - I can confirm the Giant has
rapid
> > fire. I also believe the Giant is lighter than the Specialized.
>

> If so - how much lighter is the Giant? - I've been considering the
> Specialized Sirrus range so far as I prefer the appearance. The more
> monochrome the better. I guess Mass would be a more sensible deciding
> factor than Colour Scheme as I am also fussed about how quickly it can
> get me somewhere for the same effort level.

Hi

Sorry to be so in your face but I have a 6 week old Specialized Sirrus Sport
for sale at a pretty good going rate. Bike is immaculate with receipt and
everything.

Email me if you are interested -

Sorry to have troubled you if you are not.

Regards

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home