PDA

View Full Version : Belgrave ride

Deep Floyd Mars
July 24th 03, 01:36 AM
I heard that there is a good ride along an ex railroad starting from
Belgrave, Melbourne. Does anyone have any info on that? Am considering it as
a day trip. Any good pubs at the other end?
---
DFM

stu
July 24th 03, 02:54 AM
the bike track stops a Belgrave. Puffing billy takes over and there isn't a
bike track next to the railway line. l rode down it from emerald one time,
riding down the sleepers is fun for a little while, but not for long with no
FS. I think you mean the Warburton trail, that starts in Lilydale(melways 39
G4). its a nice ride about 40km each way, some long hills but nothing to
steep.

Alan Erskine
July 24th 03, 08:56 AM
Do you mean the Belgrave rail trail? You can go from Ringwood to Belgrave
and there's a really nice section (from memory - haven't done that run in a
couple of years) which goes into a gully in rain forest - really beautiful.

--
Alan Erskine
alanerskine(at)optusnet.com.au

"Deep Floyd Mars" > wrote in message
> I heard that there is a good ride along an ex railroad starting from
> Belgrave, Melbourne. Does anyone have any info on that? Am considering it
as
> a day trip. Any good pubs at the other end?
> ---
> DFM

Joel
July 24th 03, 09:57 AM
where abouts in Ringwood does this start?
"Alan Erskine" > wrote in message
u...
> Do you mean the Belgrave rail trail? You can go from Ringwood to Belgrave
> and there's a really nice section (from memory - haven't done that run in
> couple of years) which goes into a gully in rain forest - really
beautiful.

> --
> Alan Erskine
> alanerskine(at)optusnet.com.au
> Did John Howard lie to the Australian people?
>
> "Deep Floyd Mars" > wrote in message
> > I heard that there is a good ride along an ex railroad starting from
> > Belgrave, Melbourne. Does anyone have any info on that? Am considering
it
> as
> > a day trip. Any good pubs at the other end?
> > ---
> > DFM

Andrew Lighten
August 7th 03, 12:51 PM
The bridge over Forest Road (between FTG and the highway) was closed when I
went under it a few days ago. Gates at both ends and yellow signs saying
it's under repair.

"Peter Signorini" > wrote in message

> "Joel" > wrote in message
> u...
> > which way...sorry there are a few different ways and i couldnt find one
> that
> > ended up in Belgrave...can you give me a few pointers?
> > thanks
> > "Peter Signorini" > wrote in message
> > > <Pulls out Melways, turns pages>
> > >
> > > 49 J8. Follow the red dotted line.
>
> From Bedford Park/Ringwood Lake head SE onto Bedford Rd, go left, then
right
> into Lena Grove which will lead to a path alongside the Belgrave rail
line.
> Go through Heathmont to the H. E. Parker Reserve. Cross the Dandenong Ck
at
> the bridge and turn left. After the tunnel under the rail line turn right
> and follow the line through Bayswater to Boronia, FTG, Upper FTG, Upwey
and
> on to Belgrave.
>
> It's all marked out in the Melways, or alternatively get hold of the
little
> Bike Tracks guidebook (most newsagents have them). Pages from an old
Melways
> in the back pocket are probably your best guide maps. The trail is fairly
> easy to follow if you keep following the rail line. It crosses sides
> ocassionally and at times you have to ride some road sections or cross a
car
> park. Have a great ride.
>
> Cheers
> Peter

Andrew Lighten
August 7th 03, 12:51 PM
The bridge over Forest Road (between FTG and the highway) was closed when I
went under it a few days ago. Gates at both ends and yellow signs saying
it's under repair.

"Peter Signorini" > wrote in message

> "Joel" > wrote in message
> u...
> > which way...sorry there are a few different ways and i couldnt find one
> that
> > ended up in Belgrave...can you give me a few pointers?
> > thanks
> > "Peter Signorini" > wrote in message
> > > <Pulls out Melways, turns pages>
> > >
> > > 49 J8. Follow the red dotted line.
>
> From Bedford Park/Ringwood Lake head SE onto Bedford Rd, go left, then
right
> into Lena Grove which will lead to a path alongside the Belgrave rail
line.
> Go through Heathmont to the H. E. Parker Reserve. Cross the Dandenong Ck
at
> the bridge and turn left. After the tunnel under the rail line turn right
> and follow the line through Bayswater to Boronia, FTG, Upper FTG, Upwey
and
> on to Belgrave.
>
> It's all marked out in the Melways, or alternatively get hold of the
little
> Bike Tracks guidebook (most newsagents have them). Pages from an old
Melways
> in the back pocket are probably your best guide maps. The trail is fairly
> easy to follow if you keep following the rail line. It crosses sides
> ocassionally and at times you have to ride some road sections or cross a
car
> park. Have a great ride.
>
> Cheers
> Peter