PDA

View Full Version : Re: Donating bikes

Shabby
August 5th 03, 12:43 AM
Deep Floyd Mars wrote:
> Hey folks,
> I am in the Melbourne and I have about 10 - 15 second hand bikes in good
> order that I want to get rid of for a couple of cartons of beer or
> something. Any takers?
> If not, does anyone know of a good charity to give them to?

There's also a bloke who is Cranbourne, I think it used to be called
Santa's workshop. They take bikes and fix them up and take them to
underpriviledged kiddies for Xmas.

Can;t remember the number though - BV should have it.

Shabby
August 5th 03, 12:43 AM
Deep Floyd Mars wrote:
> Hey folks,
> I am in the Melbourne and I have about 10 - 15 second hand bikes in good
> order that I want to get rid of for a couple of cartons of beer or
> something. Any takers?
> If not, does anyone know of a good charity to give them to?

There's also a bloke who is Cranbourne, I think it used to be called
Santa's workshop. They take bikes and fix them up and take them to
underpriviledged kiddies for Xmas.

Can;t remember the number though - BV should have it.

Mitch Pollard
August 7th 03, 04:43 PM
If theres some Deore LX, XT...
Truvative of raceface cranks. im there with any beer you want...

"Peter Signorini" > wrote in message

> "Deep Floyd Mars" > wrote in message
> > Hey folks,
> >
> > I am in the Melbourne and I have about 10 - 15 second hand bikes in good
> > order that I want to get rid of for a couple of cartons of beer or
> > something. Any takers?
> >
> > If not, does anyone know of a good charity to give them to?
> >

> Contact Bicycle Assist, a charity group who collect and restore old bikes
> send to needy people in developing countries. Their recent focus has been
on
> East Timor, with collections being held in Melbourne and other cities.
>
> http://www.bicycleassist.com/
>
> Cheers
> Peter

Mitch Pollard
August 7th 03, 04:43 PM
If theres some Deore LX, XT...
Truvative of raceface cranks. im there with any beer you want...

"Peter Signorini" > wrote in message

> "Deep Floyd Mars" > wrote in message
> > Hey folks,
> >
> > I am in the Melbourne and I have about 10 - 15 second hand bikes in good
> > order that I want to get rid of for a couple of cartons of beer or
> > something. Any takers?
> >
> > If not, does anyone know of a good charity to give them to?
> >

> Contact Bicycle Assist, a charity group who collect and restore old bikes
> send to needy people in developing countries. Their recent focus has been
on
> East Timor, with collections being held in Melbourne and other cities.
>
> http://www.bicycleassist.com/
>
> Cheers
> Peter

Deep Floyd Mars
August 8th 03, 01:59 AM
Sorry, just a bunch of average racers that are a couple of decades old, but
still in good order. All anyone wants is mountain bikes and high end racers
nowadays.
---
DFM

Mitch Pollard > wrote in message
. au...
> If theres some Deore LX, XT...
> Truvative of raceface cranks. im there with any beer you want...
>

> "Peter Signorini" > wrote in message
> >
> > "Deep Floyd Mars" > wrote in
message
> > > Hey folks,
> > >
> > > I am in the Melbourne and I have about 10 - 15 second hand bikes in
good
> > > order that I want to get rid of for a couple of cartons of beer or
> > > something. Any takers?
> > >
> > > If not, does anyone know of a good charity to give them to?
> > >

> > Contact Bicycle Assist, a charity group who collect and restore old
bikes
> > send to needy people in developing countries. Their recent focus has
been
> on
> > East Timor, with collections being held in Melbourne and other cities.
> >
> > http://www.bicycleassist.com/
> >
> > Cheers
> > Peter

Deep Floyd Mars
August 8th 03, 01:59 AM
Sorry, just a bunch of average racers that are a couple of decades old, but
still in good order. All anyone wants is mountain bikes and high end racers
nowadays.
---
DFM

Mitch Pollard > wrote in message
. au...
> If theres some Deore LX, XT...
> Truvative of raceface cranks. im there with any beer you want...
>

> "Peter Signorini" > wrote in message
> >
> > "Deep Floyd Mars" > wrote in
message
> > > Hey folks,
> > >
> > > I am in the Melbourne and I have about 10 - 15 second hand bikes in
good
> > > order that I want to get rid of for a couple of cartons of beer or
> > > something. Any takers?
> > >
> > > If not, does anyone know of a good charity to give them to?
> > >

> > Contact Bicycle Assist, a charity group who collect and restore old
bikes
> > send to needy people in developing countries. Their recent focus has
been
> on
> > East Timor, with collections being held in Melbourne and other cities.
> >
> > http://www.bicycleassist.com/
> >
> > Cheers
> > Peter

hippy
August 8th 03, 02:46 AM
"Deep Floyd Mars" > wrote in
message ...
> Sorry, just a bunch of average racers that are a couple of decades
old, but
> still in good order. All anyone wants is mountain bikes and high end
racers
> nowadays.

Any of those have track parts on them?
Still looking for bits for the Raleigh track/road bike I'm building...

hippy

hippy
August 8th 03, 02:46 AM
"Deep Floyd Mars" > wrote in
message ...
> Sorry, just a bunch of average racers that are a couple of decades
old, but
> still in good order. All anyone wants is mountain bikes and high end
racers
> nowadays.

Any of those have track parts on them?
Still looking for bits for the Raleigh track/road bike I'm building...

hippy

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home