PDA

View Full Version : Re: Beautiful Trek OLCV Y22 1998

Mitch Pollard
August 7th 03, 04:38 PM
You didnt happen to bring any Nordic women with you, cause damn that could
be a deal breaker.

"Jørgen" > wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Since coming to Australia from Norway in 2001, bringing my Trek Y-22
> bike with me, I've been able to do sweet f-all riding on it. Back home
> in Oslo, Norway I was able to take out to the hills every once in a
> while by just catching the tram --- the frame is just the sweetest
> thing ever for those offroads.
>
> Here in Melbourne CBD however I just find it too hard to get out to
> anywhere exciting - whilst I've gotten a car that could do the
> transport now, I never seem to find the time. In the three years I've
> been here, I've been on a total of _three_ rides. And the last was
> just around the neighbourhood... So it's just catching dust in the
> garage...
>
> My upgraded Gary Fisher Paragon 98 gets all the inner city transport
> action, with city slick "combo" tyres (knobs on the wall)... I'm
> thinking with the number of times I get out, I might just use the
> Paragon if I get some new knobby tyres / wheels for when I wanna take
> it out.
>
> I am thinking it's too much of a shame to just let it catch more dust
> in the garage. I'm also planning on upgrading my CBR250RR to a 2003
> R6, so I'm considering to sell my sweet bike to put it towards that.
>
> It's in very good condition, just a couple of chips from the transport
> over from Norway - otherwise just perfect. The rear suspension is
> adjustable from the handlebars, the frame geometry feels just perfect
> for offroad hills / dirt trails.
>
> Please see the following image:
> http://funkdancer.com/images/DSCN2573.jpg
>
> (exactly as seen, however light system not included - it was stolen;
> may they rot in hell...)
>
> When I bought it, it cost 23 000 Norwegian kroner. That's $5348 at the
> current rate of 4.3. I'm not sure what to expect, but there's a break
> point of $2000 to $2500 where I wouldn't sell it and rather let it
> collect more dust because I just so love the looks of it.
>
> Feedback / words of comfort appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Jørgen
>
> to reply by email strip all upper case characters from my email
> address

Mitch Pollard
August 8th 03, 10:29 AM
your bike sounds awesome. i dont know the model. i bet i would never afford
one. good luck on the sale.

"Jorgen" > wrote in message
> "Mitch Pollard" > wrote in message
> . au...
> > You didnt happen to bring any Nordic women with you, cause damn that
could
> > be a deal breaker.
>
> Sorry. I found myself an Australian one. ;)

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home