PDA

View Full Version : A little off the subject I realise...

spanky
August 13th 03, 02:53 AM
Gday all.

I am a cyclist in Alice Springs and have lived in the bush working
mostly as an aeromedical pilot for the last 7 years.

I am trying to find work in the city, somewhere on the east coast, as to
increase the oppurtunities for racing and training.

Aviation is very much a 'who you know game' and I am seeking any little
bit of help from anyone that might be able to give me a lead into Virgin
Blue, Sunstate Airlines etc..

If anyone could at all give me any help, contacts or advice I would be
extremely grateful.

Yours In Cycling

Spanky

Gary K
August 13th 03, 03:26 AM
spanky > wrote:

> Gday all.
>
> I am a cyclist in Alice Springs and have lived in the bush working
> mostly as an aeromedical pilot for the last 7 years.
>
> I am trying to find work in the city, somewhere on the east coast, as to
> increase the oppurtunities for racing and training.
>
> Aviation is very much a 'who you know game' and I am seeking any little
> bit of help from anyone that might be able to give me a lead into Virgin
> Blue, Sunstate Airlines etc..
>
> If anyone could at all give me any help, contacts or advice I would be
> extremely grateful.
>
> Yours In Cycling
>
> Spanky

Why don't you post in alt.aviation.jobs or any one of the other 60+
aviation newsgroups.

Gary K
August 13th 03, 03:26 AM
spanky > wrote:

> Gday all.
>
> I am a cyclist in Alice Springs and have lived in the bush working
> mostly as an aeromedical pilot for the last 7 years.
>
> I am trying to find work in the city, somewhere on the east coast, as to
> increase the oppurtunities for racing and training.
>
> Aviation is very much a 'who you know game' and I am seeking any little
> bit of help from anyone that might be able to give me a lead into Virgin
> Blue, Sunstate Airlines etc..
>
> If anyone could at all give me any help, contacts or advice I would be
> extremely grateful.
>
> Yours In Cycling
>
> Spanky

Why don't you post in alt.aviation.jobs or any one of the other 60+
aviation newsgroups.

John Staines
August 13th 03, 03:27 AM
Hello Spanky

VirginBlue were advertising for positions in the local press here in
Adelaide last month. You had to apply via online application.

They also had positions available for other capital cities.

So it might be worth checking out their website.

Cheers

John

spanky wrote:

> Gday all.
>
> I am a cyclist in Alice Springs and have lived in the bush working
> mostly as an aeromedical pilot for the last 7 years.
>
> I am trying to find work in the city, somewhere on the east coast, as to
> increase the oppurtunities for racing and training.
>
> Aviation is very much a 'who you know game' and I am seeking any little
> bit of help from anyone that might be able to give me a lead into Virgin
> Blue, Sunstate Airlines etc..
>
> If anyone could at all give me any help, contacts or advice I would be
> extremely grateful.
>
> Yours In Cycling
>
> Spanky

spanky
August 15th 03, 05:53 AM
Cheers guys.

Applied to Virgin Blue almost two years ago.

Apparently it helps if you know someone.

Thanks for your help !!

spanky
August 15th 03, 05:53 AM
Cheers guys.

Applied to Virgin Blue almost two years ago.

Apparently it helps if you know someone.

Thanks for your help !!

John Staines
August 15th 03, 06:32 AM
Theo, whats the deal with their credit cards? Low interest and no annual
fee? Do you also get a interest free period?

Cheers

John

Theo Bekkers wrote:

> "spanky" wrote
>
> > Applied to Virgin Blue almost two years ago.
>
> I applied to Virgin Blue and got my new credit card in a week.
>
> Oh, you wanted a job.
>
> Theo

Theo Bekkers
August 15th 03, 07:08 AM
"John Staines" wrote
> Theo, whats the deal with their credit cards? Low interest and no
annual
> fee? Do you also get a interest free period?

I had a WestPac card. A Virgin card is a WestPac card but with no
annual fee and a lower interest rate. Same 55 day interest free.

Theo

Theo Bekkers
August 15th 03, 07:08 AM
"John Staines" wrote
> Theo, whats the deal with their credit cards? Low interest and no
annual
> fee? Do you also get a interest free period?

I had a WestPac card. A Virgin card is a WestPac card but with no
annual fee and a lower interest rate. Same 55 day interest free.

Theo

Theo Bekkers
August 15th 03, 07:23 AM
"John Staines" wrote
> Cheers Leo....but does it have that rounded corner like in the ads?
;o)

Yes, and you do get a choice of four colours. :-)

Theo

Theo Bekkers
August 15th 03, 07:23 AM
"John Staines" wrote
> Cheers Leo....but does it have that rounded corner like in the ads?
;o)

Yes, and you do get a choice of four colours. :-)

Theo

Theo Bekkers
August 15th 03, 07:27 AM
"Theo Bekkers" wrote
> "John Staines" wrote
> > Cheers Leo....but does it have that rounded corner like in the
> ;o)
>
> Yes, and you do get a choice of four colours. :-)

And you can apply on-line at http://www.virgincreditcard.com.au

Make that five colours.

Theo

Theo Bekkers
August 15th 03, 07:27 AM
"Theo Bekkers" wrote
> "John Staines" wrote
> > Cheers Leo....but does it have that rounded corner like in the
> ;o)
>
> Yes, and you do get a choice of four colours. :-)

And you can apply on-line at http://www.virgincreditcard.com.au

Make that five colours.

Theo

John Staines
August 15th 03, 07:31 AM
Woo Hoo I'm gonna get me one of those ;o)

Cheers Theo :o)

Theo Bekkers wrote:

> "John Staines" wrote
> > Cheers Leo....but does it have that rounded corner like in the ads?
> ;o)
>
> Yes, and you do get a choice of four colours. :-)
>
> Theo

Deep Flayed Mares
August 15th 03, 12:40 PM
Theo Bekkers > wrote in message
> "John Staines" wrote
> > Cheers Leo....but does it have that rounded corner like in the ads?
> ;o)
>
> Yes, and you do get a choice of four colours. :-)

It's not good enough. I want to be able to choose the exact colour and shape
of my card.

I want mine pretzel shaped.
---
DFM

Deep Flayed Mares
August 15th 03, 12:40 PM
Theo Bekkers > wrote in message
> "John Staines" wrote
> > Cheers Leo....but does it have that rounded corner like in the ads?
> ;o)
>
> Yes, and you do get a choice of four colours. :-)

It's not good enough. I want to be able to choose the exact colour and shape
of my card.

I want mine pretzel shaped.
---
DFM