PDA

View Full Version : Re: Folding-bike test-ride

Oyster
August 14th 03, 05:53 AM
I bought the Half Way in July 2003, I ride to work daily (12km
roundtrip), I do light grocery, shopping with it.

What I like is the bike comes complete turn key: mud fenders, useable
rack (10-11kg) and a bag.

2 folding points + 2 pedal to fold. pretty fast

My co-worker after riding it were all very impress with the ride. Beside
looking fancy.

I strongly recommend this bike for commuting to work when you don't want
to lock it downstair.

Did look at KHS cappucino but it can't hold my weight. Was 235lbs
when purchase.

Now with my riding, I do 1h of biking = 1 h of cardio so I don't go to
the gym anymore.

Dahon are nice but fenders and bag are extra. Love the V-brake on those.

Oyster
August 14th 03, 05:53 AM
I bought the Half Way in July 2003, I ride to work daily (12km
roundtrip), I do light grocery, shopping with it.

What I like is the bike comes complete turn key: mud fenders, useable
rack (10-11kg) and a bag.

2 folding points + 2 pedal to fold. pretty fast

My co-worker after riding it were all very impress with the ride. Beside
looking fancy.

I strongly recommend this bike for commuting to work when you don't want
to lock it downstair.

Did look at KHS cappucino but it can't hold my weight. Was 235lbs
when purchase.

Now with my riding, I do 1h of biking = 1 h of cardio so I don't go to
the gym anymore.

Dahon are nice but fenders and bag are extra. Love the V-brake on those.

kingsley
August 18th 03, 09:41 AM
On Thu, 14 Aug 2003 14:43:19 +0950, Oyster wrote:

> Dahon are nice but fenders and bag are extra.
> Love the V-brake on those.

At least some of the dahon's have mud-guards as standard.

The ones down at Cheeky MOnkey (where I bought my Dahon Boardwalk)
certainly have them.

-kt

kingsley
August 18th 03, 09:41 AM
On Thu, 14 Aug 2003 14:43:19 +0950, Oyster wrote:

> Dahon are nice but fenders and bag are extra.
> Love the V-brake on those.

At least some of the dahon's have mud-guards as standard.

The ones down at Cheeky MOnkey (where I bought my Dahon Boardwalk)
certainly have them.

-kt

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home