PDA

View Full Version : shimano group sets

syrus_82
August 24th 03, 09:06 AM
i was wondering about shimano 600 group sets, i cant find much
information on the net about it. i have been told that it is equivalent
to ultegra. does any body know, if you could help it would be much
appreciated

Suzy Jackson
August 24th 03, 11:54 AM
"syrus_82" > wrote in message

> i was wondering about shimano 600 group sets, i cant find much
> information on the net about it. i have been told that it is equivalent
> to ultegra. does any body know, if you could help it would be much
> appreciated

More than equivalent. 600 _is_ Ultegra. Back in the bad old days (1980s),
Shimano had Dura-ace, 600EX, and A105. Somewhere in the '90s they started
calling 600EX 600 Ultegra, and now they lost the 600, and just call it
Ultegra.

None of it is anywhere near as good as Campy Chorus or Record tho.

Regards,

Suzy.

Suzy Jackson
August 24th 03, 11:54 AM
"syrus_82" > wrote in message

> i was wondering about shimano 600 group sets, i cant find much
> information on the net about it. i have been told that it is equivalent
> to ultegra. does any body know, if you could help it would be much
> appreciated

More than equivalent. 600 _is_ Ultegra. Back in the bad old days (1980s),
Shimano had Dura-ace, 600EX, and A105. Somewhere in the '90s they started
calling 600EX 600 Ultegra, and now they lost the 600, and just call it
Ultegra.

None of it is anywhere near as good as Campy Chorus or Record tho.

Regards,

Suzy.

Elguapo
August 24th 03, 01:23 PM
Try this site... http://www.fa-technik.adfc.de/Hersteller/ . It is in
German but you should be able to navigate your way around. It list details
of all Shimano's group sets from the 80's up to current line up. I had a
quick look and it seems the change from 600 to ultegra happened between 97
and 98.

Elguapo
August 24th 03, 01:23 PM
Try this site... http://www.fa-technik.adfc.de/Hersteller/ . It is in
German but you should be able to navigate your way around. It list details
of all Shimano's group sets from the 80's up to current line up. I had a
quick look and it seems the change from 600 to ultegra happened between 97
and 98.

syrus_82
August 26th 03, 07:25 AM
thanks for that it really helped have a good one

syrus_82
August 26th 03, 07:25 AM
thanks for that it really helped have a good one

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home