have to keep adjusting the chain line everytime you remove the rear
wheel so it makes changing rear flats a lot easier. If EBB was around
when I bought my SS I definatley would suggest an EBB.

I also highley recomend wade at vulturecycles.com

Email me if you have any ?'s

John Morgan
December 3rd 03, 07:55 AM
> I own a Bianchi C.U.S.S. single speed and highly reccomend it.

You're starting to sound like Carla.

-John Morgan

Michael Dart
December 3rd 03, 11:46 AM
"John Morgan" > wrote in message
> > I own a Bianchi C.U.S.S. single speed and highly reccomend it.
>
> You're starting to sound like Carla.
>
> -John Morgan

Nice.

Zilla
December 3rd 03, 12:05 PM
"John Morgan" > wrote in message
> > I own a Bianchi C.U.S.S. single speed and highly reccomend it.
>
> You're starting to sound like Carla.
>
> -John Morgan

.... or Matt-A-G :)

--
- Zilla
Cary, NC

Carla A-G
December 3rd 03, 01:42 PM
"John Morgan" > wrote in message
> > I own a Bianchi C.U.S.S. single speed and highly reccomend it.
>
> You're starting to sound like Carla.
>
> -John Morgan

Except, I'm prettier.

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

Carla A-G
December 3rd 03, 01:43 PM
"Zilla" > wrote in message
.. .
> "John Morgan" > wrote in message
> > > I own a Bianchi C.U.S.S. single speed and highly reccomend it.
> >
> > You're starting to sound like Carla.
> >
> > -John Morgan
> >

> ... or Matt-A-G :)
>
> --
> - Zilla

Ok, now I'm officially confused...

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

MattB
December 3rd 03, 03:30 PM
"Carla A-G" > wrote in message
> "Zilla" > wrote in message
> .. .
> > "John Morgan" > wrote in message
> > >
> > > You're starting to sound like Carla.
> > >
> > > -John Morgan
> > >

> > ... or Matt-A-G :)

I assume that's a jab at me? I don't talk up the Bianchis. I just like my
Surly, but I don't think I've been evangelizing. I try not to anyway. I
usually just respond to "What SS is good?" type questions.

Matt (no A-G for me)

FlyingCoyote
December 3rd 03, 05:28 PM
"Sedated" > wrote in message
m...
> I own a Bianchi C.U.S.S. single speed and highly reccomend it. The
> longer top tubes on the bianchi make for a good climbing single speed.
> You can find a B.A.S.S. single speed complete on the mtbr.com
> classifieds for $400 right now. It's an aluminum frame which alot of
> people who ride single speeds don't like. However my C.U.S.S. is also
> aluminum and it rides fine. People like steel because aluminum
> transmits more vibration. The construction also plays a big role, you
> can find nicely constructed aluminum frames like my C.u.S.S. that
> don't transmit alot of vibration because of the tube selection and
> construction quality.
>
> The newest craze is the EBB which is definatley nice because you don't
> have to keep adjusting the chain line everytime you remove the rear
> wheel so it makes changing rear flats a lot easier. If EBB was around
> when I bought my SS I definatley would suggest an EBB.
>
> I also highley recomend wade at vulturecycles.com
>
> Email me if you have any ?'s

Very nice bike.

I have a Kona Unit. (Frame is OX Platinum.) Rides very nice. Retails for a
bit much at $900-ish but I got mine slightly used from a friend for $500.
http://www.konaworld.uk.com/bikes/2004/2k4bikes/2k4_unit.cfm
It's now my favorite bike and gets more ride time than any of my others.

Gotta love it.

Another friend just got a Soulcraft. Nice.
http://www.soulcraftbikes.com/id22.htm

I'll hafta check out that EBB thing. Although I never have much trouble with
getting the chain taut enough (I flip the bike on its top side and step on
the saddle while pulling the wheel back to tighten it. Works well enough.)

--

FlyingCoyote
http://boarsgut.com

--

Jon Bond
December 3rd 03, 06:16 PM
"Sedated" > wrote in message
m...
> I own a Bianchi C.U.S.S. single speed and highly reccomend it. The
> longer top tubes on the bianchi make for a good climbing single speed.
> You can find a B.A.S.S. single speed complete on the mtbr.com
> classifieds for $400 right now. It's an aluminum frame which alot of
> people who ride single speeds don't like. However my C.U.S.S. is also
> aluminum and it rides fine. People like steel because aluminum
> transmits more vibration. The construction also plays a big role, you
> can find nicely constructed aluminum frames like my C.u.S.S. that
> don't transmit alot of vibration because of the tube selection and
> construction quality.
>
> The newest craze is the EBB which is definatley nice because you don't
> have to keep adjusting the chain line everytime you remove the rear
> wheel so it makes changing rear flats a lot easier. If EBB was around
> when I bought my SS I definatley would suggest an EBB.
>
> I also highley recomend wade at vulturecycles.com
>
> Email me if you have any ?'s

Anybody else thing this is more of spam than anything? "You can find a
B.A.S.S. single speed complete on the mtbr.com classifieds for $400 right
now. "

"I also highley [sic] recomend [sic] wade [still sic] at vulturecycles.com"

Just struck me as being a bit off....

Jon Bond

Chris Garwood
December 4th 03, 02:03 PM
> The newest craze is the EBB which is definatley nice because you don't
> have to keep adjusting the chain line everytime you remove the rear

I hate to differ, but here in the UK we have a little 'big' (small
manufacture that taken over the single speed market over here, so much
so that they are considered to be "THE" single speed manufacture over
here) called on-one (www.on-one.co.uk) and they are dropping their EBB
bikes in favor of a simpler and lighter sliding drop out and disk mount
like what kona have started doing this year

Cheers

Chris

Find him and kill him.

UNLEASH THE HAMSTERS!

http://www.mtb-bikes.com

JD
December 4th 03, 06:14 PM
(Sedated) wrote in message >...
> I own a Bianchi C.U.S.S. single speed and highly reccomend it. The
> longer top tubes on the bianchi make for a good climbing single speed.
> You can find a B.A.S.S. single speed complete on the mtbr.com
> classifieds for $400 right now. It's an aluminum frame which alot of
> people who ride single speeds don't like. However my C.U.S.S. is also
> aluminum and it rides fine. People like steel because aluminum
> transmits more vibration. The construction also plays a big role, you
> can find nicely constructed aluminum frames like my C.u.S.S. that
> don't transmit alot of vibration because of the tube selection and
> construction quality.

Wow! A Bianchi commercial. You sound like an "expert". I think I'll
go out and buy one.

> The newest craze is the EBB which is definatley nice because you don't
> have to keep adjusting the chain line everytime you remove the rear
> wheel so it makes changing rear flats a lot easier. If EBB was around
> when I bought my SS I definatley would suggest an EBB.

Another glowing recommendation from an obvious "expert". Where have
you been all of these years when alt.mountain-bike has needed your
"expertise"?

> I also highley recomend wade at vulturecycles.com

Why?

> Email me if you have any ?'s

Yeah, who was your third grade English teacher?

JD

December 5th 03, 11:48 AM
(JD) wrote in message >...
> (Sedated) wrote in message >...
> > I own a Bianchi C.U.S.S. single speed and highly reccomend it. The
> > longer top tubes on the bianchi make for a good climbing single speed.
> > You can find a B.A.S.S. single speed complete on the mtbr.com
> > classifieds for $400 right now. It's an aluminum frame which alot of
> > people who ride single speeds don't like. However my C.U.S.S. is also
> > aluminum and it rides fine. People like steel because aluminum
> > transmits more vibration. The construction also plays a big role, you
> > can find nicely constructed aluminum frames like my C.u.S.S. that
> > don't transmit alot of vibration because of the tube selection and
> > construction quality.
>
> Wow! A Bianchi commercial. You sound like an "expert".

So do you!

>Try the Italian steel tubeset for one. Try no tolerance issues for a
>second. Try standard MTB width rear hub for a third. Try a great
>spec for the money for a fourth. Lastly, try that you are retarded
>and wouldn't know a good bike if I ran you over with one.

>JD

JD
December 7th 03, 05:53 PM
wrote in message >...
> (JD) wrote in message >...
> > (Sedated) wrote in message >...
> > > I own a Bianchi C.U.S.S. single speed and highly reccomend it. The
> > > longer top tubes on the bianchi make for a good climbing single speed.
> > > You can find a B.A.S.S. single speed complete on the mtbr.com
> > > classifieds for $400 right now. It's an aluminum frame which alot of
> > > people who ride single speeds don't like. However my C.U.S.S. is also
> > > aluminum and it rides fine. People like steel because aluminum
> > > transmits more vibration. The construction also plays a big role, you
> > > can find nicely constructed aluminum frames like my C.u.S.S. that
> > > don't transmit alot of vibration because of the tube selection and
> > > construction quality.
> >
> > Wow! A Bianchi commercial. You sound like an "expert".
>
> So do you!

Because I am. What's your point, other than continual harassment?

JD

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home