PDA

View Full Version : resistance trainers

Jaron
August 26th 03, 08:52 AM
Hi,

A friend of mine has asked me a few questions about resistance trainers
(below). I know nothing about them, so if anybody can provide information
of this topic it would be most appreciated.

Thanks

Jaron

---------------------- Forwarded by Jaron on 26/08/2003
16:42 ---------------------------
Hey Jaron,

Do you or Patrice or a cycling friend of yours know anything about
resistance trainers? I'm looking at a few at the moment. I can't decide
whether to go for the fluid resistance type, which is more expensive, but
apparently better simulates riding on the road since resistance is dependent
on how fast you are cycling, or the mag resistance type, which has a model
that grips the rim instead of running on the tyre, so you don't have to use
slicks on your back wheel or wear your tyres out.

Jim

hippy
August 27th 03, 07:49 AM
"Jaron" > wrote in message
. au...
> Do you or Patrice or a cycling friend of yours know anything about
> resistance trainers? I'm looking at a few at the moment. I can't
decide
> whether to go for the fluid resistance type, which is more expensive,
but
> apparently better simulates riding on the road since resistance is
dependent
> on how fast you are cycling, or the mag resistance type, which has a
model
> that grips the rim instead of running on the tyre, so you don't have
to use
> slicks on your back wheel or wear your tyres out.

I also don't know much about them, only to say that I own a
rim mag trainer and I MUCH prefer riding outside! :-)

Check this:
<http://www.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=ISO-8859-1&safe=off&q=trainer
+mag+fluid>

hip

hippy
August 27th 03, 07:49 AM
"Jaron" > wrote in message
. au...
> Do you or Patrice or a cycling friend of yours know anything about
> resistance trainers? I'm looking at a few at the moment. I can't
decide
> whether to go for the fluid resistance type, which is more expensive,
but
> apparently better simulates riding on the road since resistance is
dependent
> on how fast you are cycling, or the mag resistance type, which has a
model
> that grips the rim instead of running on the tyre, so you don't have
to use
> slicks on your back wheel or wear your tyres out.

I also don't know much about them, only to say that I own a
rim mag trainer and I MUCH prefer riding outside! :-)

Check this:
<http://www.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=ISO-8859-1&safe=off&q=trainer
+mag+fluid>

hip