September 4th 03, 09:10 AM
holden :D

--
SPECIALIZED
BigHit: Because the engine is fearless.
When we say BigHit we mean it.

abv8
September 4th 03, 01:34 PM
Holden (General Motors) for sure...although i love the new xr6
turbos...they **** over hsv

abv8
September 4th 03, 01:34 PM
Holden (General Motors) for sure...although i love the new xr6
turbos...they **** over hsv

hippy
September 4th 03, 02:11 PM
"abv8" > wrote in message
> Holden (General Motors) for sure...although i love the new xr6
> turbos...they **** over hsv

Did I miss something?
Isn't this the bike group.. cagers to the left? :-P

hippy
HSV? $100k for a Holden?! bwahahaha
Mmm... R34 Skyline GT-R

hippy
September 4th 03, 02:11 PM
"abv8" > wrote in message
> Holden (General Motors) for sure...although i love the new xr6
> turbos...they **** over hsv

Did I miss something?
Isn't this the bike group.. cagers to the left? :-P

hippy
HSV? $100k for a Holden?! bwahahaha
Mmm... R34 Skyline GT-R

SM
September 4th 03, 05:20 PM
hmmm yes yes I see your point... one little thing... WRONG NG YOU IDIOT!

"Twisties" > wrote in message
> holden :D
>

> --
> SPECIALIZED
> BigHit: Because the engine is fearless.
> When we say BigHit we mean it.

amirm
September 5th 03, 01:34 AM
Twisties wrote:
> holden :D

Both and none. Both because they both are great cars for the value
(Falcon and Commodore). None, because they are still technologically
unsophisticated, lagging behind Euro's. I vote for my Audi A4 1.8TQ.

amirm
September 5th 03, 01:34 AM
Twisties wrote:
> holden :D

Both and none. Both because they both are great cars for the value
(Falcon and Commodore). None, because they are still technologically
unsophisticated, lagging behind Euro's. I vote for my Audi A4 1.8TQ.

abv8
September 5th 03, 03:34 AM
wrote:
> Did I miss something? Isn't this the bike group.. cagers to the left?
> :-P

Ummm, from an engineering point of view, bicycles and cars "DO" have
something in common :p

abv8
September 5th 03, 03:34 AM
wrote:
> Did I miss something? Isn't this the bike group.. cagers to the left?
> :-P

Ummm, from an engineering point of view, bicycles and cars "DO" have
something in common :p

Paul J
September 5th 03, 04:10 AM
Internal combustion engine with four wheels? Boring.

Paul J
September 5th 03, 04:10 AM
Internal combustion engine with four wheels? Boring.

Paul Jones
September 5th 03, 12:15 PM
now compare the price and features of the Audi 1.8 to the 3.8 and 4.0
Falcons.

Give me the commodore or falcon anyday

Paul

amirm wrote:

> Twisties wrote:
> > holden :D
>
> Both and none. Both because they both are great cars for the value
> (Falcon and Commodore). None, because they are still technologically
> unsophisticated, lagging behind Euro's. I vote for my Audi A4 1.8TQ.
>
> --

Nicholas & Domino
September 5th 03, 02:05 PM
yeah right
let me guess - you'd take the auto over the manual any day?

amirm wrote:

> Twisties wrote:
> > holden :D
>
> Both and none. Both because they both are great cars for the value
> (Falcon and Commodore). None, because they are still technologically
> unsophisticated, lagging behind Euro's. I vote for my Audi A4 1.8TQ.
>
> --

Paul Jones
September 6th 03, 10:53 AM
technically unsophisicated, but still with a ton of power and heaps of
space. And usually much cheaper. Not only much cheaper to buy, but much
cheaper to insure and to fix. Check out spare parts costs of European
cars.

yes I definately would prefer a Falcon or Commodore. My current car is an
AU2 ex police car. (police mods include XR6 suspension, ABS, cruise) If I
could afford a Euro car, then I would have a more powerful Falcon of
COmmodore like an XR8 or SS. Or one with more space like a Fairlane or
Caprice. This means more to me than how quiet the car is, or whether
others at the coffee shop are impressed by the badge or not.

i would prefer a manual, but I drive an auto. That is because manuals are
hard to find.

Falcon wagons are great for transporting bikes! Dont even need to take any
wheels off.

Paul

Nicholas & Domino wrote:

> yeah right
> let me guess - you'd take the auto over the manual any day?
>
> "Paul Jones" (nospam)> wrote in message
> now compare the price and features of the Audi 1.8 to the 3.8 and 4.0
> Falcons.
>
> Give me the commodore or falcon anyday
>
> Paul
>
> amirm wrote:
>
> > Twisties wrote:
> > > holden :D
> >
> > Both and none. Both because they both are great cars for the value
> > (Falcon and Commodore). None, because they are still technologically
> > unsophisticated, lagging behind Euro's. I vote for my Audi A4 1.8TQ.
> >
> > --

Nick Payne
September 7th 03, 05:11 AM
Depends whether you like your turds to be solid or soft...

"Twisties" > wrote in message
> holden :D

Luther Blissett
September 7th 03, 09:41 AM
Sometimes I like holden on for a tow up a long hill, but once my glove
got caught on a semi-trailer and I went a bit further and faster than I
wanted!

- LB

Luther Blissett
September 7th 03, 09:41 AM
Sometimes I like holden on for a tow up a long hill, but once my glove
got caught on a semi-trailer and I went a bit further and faster than I
wanted!

- LB

Gary K
September 7th 03, 11:18 AM
I didn't know they made bikes.

Twisties > wrote:

> holden :D
>

> --
> SPECIALIZED
> BigHit: Because the engine is fearless.
> When we say BigHit we mean it.

Gary K
September 7th 03, 11:18 AM
I didn't know they made bikes.

Twisties > wrote:

> holden :D
>

> --
> SPECIALIZED
> BigHit: Because the engine is fearless.
> When we say BigHit we mean it.

Rob
September 7th 03, 12:12 PM
"Gary K" wrote
> I didn't know they made bikes.

Holden were marketing a Monaro mountain bike at one stage

http://www.google.com.au/search?q=cache:SmQWSYACIu8J:www.holden.com.au/www-holden/action/merchandise%3FcategoryID%3D9+Holden+monaro+mountai n+bike&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

Rob

Rob
September 7th 03, 12:12 PM
"Gary K" wrote
> I didn't know they made bikes.

Holden were marketing a Monaro mountain bike at one stage

http://www.google.com.au/search?q=cache:SmQWSYACIu8J:www.holden.com.au/www-holden/action/merchandise%3FcategoryID%3D9+Holden+monaro+mountai n+bike&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

Rob

amirm
September 8th 03, 12:10 AM
Paul Jones wrote:
> technically unsophisicated, but still with a ton of power and heaps of
> space. And usually much cheaper. Not only much cheaper to buy, but
> much cheaper to insure and to fix. Check out spare parts costs of
> European cars.
> yes I definately would prefer a Falcon or Commodore. My current car is
> an AU2 ex police car. (police mods include XR6 suspension, ABS, cruise)
> If I could afford a Euro car, then I would have a more powerful Falcon
> of COmmodore like an XR8 or SS. Or one with more space like a Fairlane
> or Caprice. This means more to me than how quiet the car is, or whether
> others at the coffee shop are impressed by the badge or not.
> i would prefer a manual, but I drive an auto. That is because manuals
> are hard to find.
> Falcon wagons are great for transporting bikes! Dont even need to take
> any wheels off.
> Paul
> Nicholas & Domino wrote:
> > yeah right let me guess - you'd take the auto over the manual any day?
> >
> > "Paul Jones" (nospam)> wrote in message news:3f-
> > indico.com.au... now
> > compare the price and features of the Audi 1.8 to the
> > 3.8 and 4.0 Falcons.
> >
> > Give me the commodore or falcon anyday
> >
> > Paul
> >
> > amirm wrote:

> > > Both and none. Both because they both are great cars for the value
> > > (Falcon and Commodore). None, because they are still technologically
> > > unsophisticated, lagging behind Euro's. I vote for my Audi A4 1.8TQ.
> > >
> > > --

First, let me see you after a car accident. We won't have accidents
every day, and I hope they never happen to anyone. But sadly they
happen, and many times they are other people's fault. In that case,
that car is worth your while which saves your life and those of whom
you hold dear.

Secondly, I had a VT Commodore before my current car. Loved it. But hey
you get what you pay for. You have no idea how much I spent on brakes
and chasis to fix the flaws it had to be considered a driveable car? Do
you still think the horsepower and acceleration are the main factors to
distinguish cars? What about that AU falcon that accelerates fast off
the line (thanks to its huge petrol gulping donk), at the first sharp
turn cannot slow down fast enough (due to its inferior brakes), gets a
tail spin (due to its hugh body roll, poor chasis balance and lack of
sophisticated technologies such as ESP), goes off the road, hits a tree
and kills/badly injures its driver (because the body did not crumble out
properly, the steering column went through the driver becuase it was not
multi-piece) and so on?

Frankly, I would rather drive a car that has a performance that doesn't
stir my and my fellow drivers' ego. In addition that car has to be a
complete package. Something well thought. After all, I'm putting my life
in that car when I drive it at high speeds or in tricky conditions. I
work hard for my life. Why would I want to joepardise it? But that's me.

One reason I ride to work every day, though, is the piece of mind that I
get. Driving a car is just too stressful. As much as I love cars I like
to stay away from them these days.

amirm
September 8th 03, 12:10 AM
Paul Jones wrote:
> [...]

tail spin (due to its hugh body roll, poor chasis balance and lack of
sophisticated technologies such as ESP), goes off the road, hits a tree
and kills/badly injures its driver (because the body did not crumble out
properly, the steering column went through the driver becuase it was not
multi-piece) and so on?

Frankly, I would rather drive a car that has a performance that doesn't
stir my and my fellow drivers' ego. In addition that car has to be a
complete package. Something well thought. After all, I'm putting my life
in that car when I drive it at high speeds or in tricky conditions. I
work hard for my life. Why would I want to joepardise it? But that's me.

One reason I ride to work every day, though, is the piece of mind that I
get. Driving a car is just too stressful. As much as I love cars I like

cfsmtb
September 8th 03, 06:52 AM
jesus h. christ on a bike. wrong forum to discuss this. how 'bout
something more appropriate.

like graecross vs. royce union:rolleyes:

--
it's all a creeping beige conspiracy

cfsmtb
September 8th 03, 06:52 AM
jesus h. christ on a bike. wrong forum to discuss this. how 'bout
something more appropriate.

like graecross vs. royce union:rolleyes:

--
it's all a creeping beige conspiracy

Theo Bekkers
September 9th 03, 01:31 AM
"amirm" wrote
> First, let me see you after a car accident. We won't have accidents
> every day, and I hope they never happen to anyone. But sadly they
> happen, and many times they are other people's fault.

> After all, I'm putting my life
> in that car when I drive it at high speeds or in tricky conditions.
> work hard for my life. Why would I want to joepardise it?

Sounds to me like your driving to have an 'accident'.

After more than 40 years of driving, still avoiding my first collision
in a motor car.

Theo

Theo Bekkers
September 9th 03, 01:31 AM
"amirm" wrote
> First, let me see you after a car accident. We won't have accidents
> every day, and I hope they never happen to anyone. But sadly they
> happen, and many times they are other people's fault.

> After all, I'm putting my life
> in that car when I drive it at high speeds or in tricky conditions.
> work hard for my life. Why would I want to joepardise it?

Sounds to me like your driving to have an 'accident'.

After more than 40 years of driving, still avoiding my first collision
in a motor car.

Theo

its_stuart
September 17th 03, 01:03 AM
I agree with hippy -'Did I miss something? Isn't this the bike group..
cagers to the left? :-P

hippy HSV? $100k for a Holden?! bwahahaha
Mmm... R34 Skyline GT-R'

The nissans go very hard but I would still prefer a nice bit of hardcore
bike riding action any day!
:)

its_stuart
September 17th 03, 01:03 AM
I agree with hippy -'Did I miss something? Isn't this the bike group..
cagers to the left? :-P

hippy HSV? $100k for a Holden?! bwahahaha
Mmm... R34 Skyline GT-R'

The nissans go very hard but I would still prefer a nice bit of hardcore
bike riding action any day!
:)

hippy
September 17th 03, 04:18 AM
"its_stuart" > wrote in message
> The nissans go very hard but I would still prefer a nice bit of
hardcore
> bike riding action any day!
> :)

I've over the Skyline now.. why? Because I had a look
at one and my legs barely fit between the wheel and
the handbrake! Reason 2) Bikes in the back are not
an option.
So, Skylines are out..
WRX wagon? Will a complete bike fit in the back?
Crazy van like they have in Japan? This would be
a head turner and plenty of bikes would fit.

hippy
- cars though are waaay down the back of my mind
these days

hippy
September 17th 03, 04:18 AM
"its_stuart" > wrote in message
> The nissans go very hard but I would still prefer a nice bit of
hardcore
> bike riding action any day!
> :)

I've over the Skyline now.. why? Because I had a look
at one and my legs barely fit between the wheel and
the handbrake! Reason 2) Bikes in the back are not
an option.
So, Skylines are out..
WRX wagon? Will a complete bike fit in the back?
Crazy van like they have in Japan? This would be
a head turner and plenty of bikes would fit.

hippy
- cars though are waaay down the back of my mind
these days

abv8
September 17th 03, 05:16 AM
wrote:
> technically unsophisicated, but still with a ton of power and heaps of
> space. And usually much

Yes, but at the expense of a huge capacity engine and earths natural
recources.

European and japanese cars are on the right track, smaller more
efficient engines, utilising power transfer from flywheel to "the
wheels".

Holden and ford, yes, nice big cars. Did you know holden still uses
pushrods instead of direct camshafts? C'mon, and the genIII engines,
ridiculously unreliable and short life span.

Saying this, I will admit that i would love gts 5.7 L sitting in my
garage anyday :p

Cheers

abv8
September 17th 03, 05:16 AM
wrote:
> technically unsophisicated, but still with a ton of power and heaps of
> space. And usually much

Yes, but at the expense of a huge capacity engine and earths natural
recources.

European and japanese cars are on the right track, smaller more
efficient engines, utilising power transfer from flywheel to "the
wheels".

Holden and ford, yes, nice big cars. Did you know holden still uses
pushrods instead of direct camshafts? C'mon, and the genIII engines,
ridiculously unreliable and short life span.

Saying this, I will admit that i would love gts 5.7 L sitting in my
garage anyday :p

Cheers

Paul Jones
September 17th 03, 10:33 AM
I love the Fords + Holdens. Great to drive - and plenty of room for the bike.

If I won lotto, I would buy an Falcon XR8 ute. I'm sure I would get more fun
and enjoyment (and practicality) than any Euro or Jap car - regardless of the
price. Leave plenty of money leftover to give to charities.

Paul

abv8 wrote:

> wrote:
> > technically unsophisicated, but still with a ton of power and heaps of
> > space. And usually much
>
> Yes, but at the expense of a huge capacity engine and earths natural
> recources.
>
> European and japanese cars are on the right track, smaller more
> efficient engines, utilising power transfer from flywheel to "the
> wheels".
>
> Holden and ford, yes, nice big cars. Did you know holden still uses
> pushrods instead of direct camshafts? C'mon, and the genIII engines,
> ridiculously unreliable and short life span.
>
> Saying this, I will admit that i would love gts 5.7 L sitting in my
> garage anyday :p
>
> Cheers
>
> --

Paul_MCMLIX
October 23rd 03, 02:20 PM
Holden vs Ford???

Isn't this a CYCLING forum?? WHO BLOODY CARES???

Holdens AND Fords are both potential killers as far I can see.

--
Nil illigitimus carborundum

Nil illigitimus carborundum

Nil illigitimus carborundum

Twisties
October 24th 03, 07:20 AM
Paul_MCMLIX wrote:
> Holden vs Ford???
> Isn't this a CYCLING forum?? WHO BLOODY CARES???

i care, thats why i asked. you no you are allowed to talk about other
things than cycling in this part of the forum, thats why it says keep
all off topic topics here.

paul, you need to loosen up.

--
SPECIALIZED
BigHit: Because the engine is fearless.
When we say BigHit we mean it.

Paul_MCMLIX
October 24th 03, 08:20 AM
Yeah, point taken...I've had a tough week....my sincere apologies.:D

--
Nil illigitimus carborundum

life ain't much but there's nothing else to do

Nil illigitimus carborundum

Nil illigitimus carborundum

http://www.cyclingforums.com

Google