PDA

View Full Version : Cheap Cycling wear shop in melbourne

abv8
September 4th 03, 01:34 PM
Hey Melbourne Peoples...

Thought this would be a good thread.

Cycling attire (and parts) dont come cheap these days (especially if
your a uni student like me ;) )

Just wondering if anyone knows any really cheap cycling stores or
warehouses in melbourne?

Andrew Morris
September 4th 03, 02:04 PM
There is a place in Glenhuntly Road, Elsternwick... Can't think of its name
off hand, but they advertise in the BV magazine...

"abv8" > wrote in message
> Hey Melbourne Peoples...
>
> Thought this would be a good thread.
>
> Cycling attire (and parts) dont come cheap these days (especially if
> your a uni student like me ;) )
>
> Just wondering if anyone knows any really cheap cycling stores or
> warehouses in melbourne?
>

> --

hippy
September 4th 03, 02:17 PM
"abv8" > wrote in message
> Hey Melbourne Peoples...
>
> Thought this would be a good thread.
>
> Cycling attire (and parts) dont come cheap these days (especially if
> your a uni student like me ;) )
>
> Just wondering if anyone knows any really cheap cycling stores or
> warehouses in melbourne?

Not really. My tips...

1. Find a good local bike shop and spend lots there, maybe
hassle them for a little bit off here and there and they may start
giving you "mates rates" on bits. (My preferred method)

2. Only buy specials, close outs and other heavily discounted
gear. (Uni student mode)

3. Shop online. Huge savings can be found.. but remember your
local bike shop! Support the locals when possible.
Try: www.probikekit.com/aus/index.php
(when the lbs price is just too high or they can't get "that" part)

4. Finish uni, wave your degree in front of an employer, score
a job, earn WAAAY more than you do now, buy bike parts
to your hearts content! (My current method combined with 1.)

hth
hippy :-P

hippy
September 4th 03, 02:17 PM
"abv8" > wrote in message
> Hey Melbourne Peoples...
>
> Thought this would be a good thread.
>
> Cycling attire (and parts) dont come cheap these days (especially if
> your a uni student like me ;) )
>
> Just wondering if anyone knows any really cheap cycling stores or
> warehouses in melbourne?

Not really. My tips...

1. Find a good local bike shop and spend lots there, maybe
hassle them for a little bit off here and there and they may start
giving you "mates rates" on bits. (My preferred method)

2. Only buy specials, close outs and other heavily discounted
gear. (Uni student mode)

3. Shop online. Huge savings can be found.. but remember your
local bike shop! Support the locals when possible.
Try: www.probikekit.com/aus/index.php
(when the lbs price is just too high or they can't get "that" part)

4. Finish uni, wave your degree in front of an employer, score
a job, earn WAAAY more than you do now, buy bike parts
to your hearts content! (My current method combined with 1.)

hth
hippy :-P

Mike Ayling 969
September 4th 03, 11:30 PM
Try Melbourne Bicycle Centre just up High St from Chapel St Prahran - they give
good prices on most items.

Mike

Mike Ayling 969
September 4th 03, 11:30 PM
Try Melbourne Bicycle Centre just up High St from Chapel St Prahran - they give
good prices on most items.

Mike

patch70
September 5th 03, 07:34 AM
If you ride Beach Rd, there is that new Cafe Cogs place in Elwood.
Haven't been in but they advertise Castelli Bibs for $50 which looks
like a good deal (unless this is only for the extremely small or large
sizes maybe?).

--
I feel the need, the need for speed.

patch70
September 5th 03, 07:34 AM
If you ride Beach Rd, there is that new Cafe Cogs place in Elwood.
Haven't been in but they advertise Castelli Bibs for $50 which looks
like a good deal (unless this is only for the extremely small or large
sizes maybe?).

--
I feel the need, the need for speed.

Jess
September 8th 03, 03:10 AM
Try LeKnicks in Beach Rd Black Rock...

Theres always cheap stuff out on the racks at the front....

"abv8" > wrote in message
> Hey Melbourne Peoples...
>
> Thought this would be a good thread.
>
> Cycling attire (and parts) dont come cheap these days (especially if
> your a uni student like me ;) )
>
> Just wondering if anyone knows any really cheap cycling stores or
> warehouses in melbourne?
>

> --

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home