PDA

View Full Version : Chain and pin

Giovanni
December 4th 03, 06:41 PM
I have a shimano lx (hg73) chain on my first mtb, as i have to reinstall it
on the bike i don't know if i'm going right or wrong. The chain is cut in
the right lenght as the bike, before being brought to me, has done yet some
miles. Now i have the chain and two pins, these two pins are longer than the
chain width and they also show a cut around the body that, to me, could mean
that once into the chain they have to be broken but it's my idea and before
destroying something i would like someone to tell me if i'm right.
I posted a picture of the chain, the pin and some strange things i have no
idea what they could be on
http://www.bike-board.net/community/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12811

Thanks for your support

Per Elmsäter
December 4th 03, 09:25 PM
Giovanni wrote:
> I have a shimano lx (hg73) chain on my first mtb, as i have to
> reinstall it on the bike i don't know if i'm going right or wrong.
> The chain is cut in the right lenght as the bike, before being
> brought to me, has done yet some miles. Now i have the chain and two
> pins, these two pins are longer than the chain width and they also
> show a cut around the body that, to me, could mean that once into the
> chain they have to be broken but it's my idea and before destroying
> something i would like someone to tell me if i'm right.
> I posted a picture of the chain, the pin and some strange things i
> have no idea what they could be on
> http://www.bike-board.net/community/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12811
>
> Thanks for your support

http://www.parktool.com/repair_help/FAQchnRe.shtml
Scroll down to Procedure for Shimano chain.

As far as I know you will need a chaintool.

--
Perre

Giovanni
December 4th 03, 10:06 PM

> http://www.parktool.com/repair_help/FAQchnRe.shtml
> Scroll down to Procedure for Shimano chain.
>
> As far as I know you will need a chaintool.
>
> --

I have the chaintool but what i missed was your site suggestion,
W O N D E R F U L

Thanks a lot, hope to solve the brake problem and to go 4 a ride

giovanni

Per Elmsäter
December 4th 03, 10:53 PM
Giovanni wrote:
>> http://www.parktool.com/repair_help/FAQchnRe.shtml
>> Scroll down to Procedure for Shimano chain.
>>
>> As far as I know you will need a chaintool.
>>
>> --
>>

> I have the chaintool but what i missed was your site suggestion,
> W O N D E R F U L
>
> Thanks a lot, hope to solve the brake problem and to go 4 a ride
>
> giovanni

Prego.

--
Perre