PDA

View Full Version : Adelaide bunch rides

RideToEat
September 16th 03, 04:42 AM
I know these posts get a bit boring, but I'm trying to find out about
moderate-paced bunch rides around Adelaide. I'll be staying in North
Adelaide for about a week.

Are there any links to such info?

RideToEat
September 18th 03, 04:40 AM
RideToEat wrote:
> I know these posts get a bit boring, but I'm trying to find out about
> moderate-paced bunch rides around Adelaide. I'll be staying in North
> Adelaide for about a week.
> Are there any links to such info?

Anyone? Anything??

RideToEat
September 18th 03, 04:40 AM
RideToEat wrote:
> I know these posts get a bit boring, but I'm trying to find out about
> moderate-paced bunch rides around Adelaide. I'll be staying in North
> Adelaide for about a week.
> Are there any links to such info?

Anyone? Anything??

hippy
September 18th 03, 02:20 PM
"RideToEat" > wrote in message
> RideToEat wrote:
> > I know these posts get a bit boring, but I'm trying to find out about
> > moderate-paced bunch rides around Adelaide. I'll be staying in North
> > Adelaide for about a week.
> > Are there any links to such info?
> Anyone? Anything??

I did do a google for info when you first posted but came up with
nothing.

I don't even know if this is in Adelaide, but:
<http://www.cycle2max.com/c2m/rides.nsf/0/BF0354E91C96717C69256D8B00452560?O
penDocument>
"The 6am ETSA goes to Hallet Cove and then a fair percentage of the bunch
ride to Church at cnr of Grange and Military Rd for a FAST time trial to
outer harbour and back. Ave speed over 40kmh. I've hit over 50 regularly on
the flat on this ride."

Try this one:
http://www.cycle2max.com/c2m/cycling.nsf/Vregion_lookup/AustraliaSouth%20Aus
tralia?opendocument

hippy

hippy
September 18th 03, 02:20 PM
"RideToEat" > wrote in message
> RideToEat wrote:
> > I know these posts get a bit boring, but I'm trying to find out about
> > moderate-paced bunch rides around Adelaide. I'll be staying in North
> > Adelaide for about a week.
> > Are there any links to such info?
> Anyone? Anything??

I did do a google for info when you first posted but came up with
nothing.

I don't even know if this is in Adelaide, but:
<http://www.cycle2max.com/c2m/rides.nsf/0/BF0354E91C96717C69256D8B00452560?O
penDocument>
"The 6am ETSA goes to Hallet Cove and then a fair percentage of the bunch
ride to Church at cnr of Grange and Military Rd for a FAST time trial to
outer harbour and back. Ave speed over 40kmh. I've hit over 50 regularly on
the flat on this ride."

Try this one:
http://www.cycle2max.com/c2m/cycling.nsf/Vregion_lookup/AustraliaSouth%20Aus
tralia?opendocument

hippy

sun-lover
September 19th 03, 07:37 AM
I am on the Gold Coast now but they used to have a ride starting at 6pm
Thursday nights from Henley Beach park to Seacombe & back - 30km at 30km
/hr avg... and another on Saturday mornings (fast) 7.30 am.. starts at
the bike shop on King William Rd

--
it's all a creeping beige conspiracy

sun-lover
September 19th 03, 07:37 AM
I am on the Gold Coast now but they used to have a ride starting at 6pm
Thursday nights from Henley Beach park to Seacombe & back - 30km at 30km
/hr avg... and another on Saturday mornings (fast) 7.30 am.. starts at
the bike shop on King William Rd

--
it's all a creeping beige conspiracy

Scotty
September 21st 03, 02:04 PM
am in adelaide and there is a Sat morning ride form megabike on King William
Rd at 7:30am, different bunch speeds too.
They go down to Glenelg and up to Outer Harbour and back (all flat)

There are other semi-organised rides....try the norwood cc club site at
http://www.norwoodcc.on.net/
and yes cycle2max has some info too. http://www.cycle2max.com

There also used to be a thursday morning time trial...meet around corner
Grange Rd and Seaview Rd? Someone on Norwood CC site should be able to tell
you more...about 7:30am I think??

NCC used to have a Sunday morning ride from the club rooms at Stepney 8am I
think but not sure if it is still going or not..yeah I havent been out for a
long time!

Have also seen riders congregate at No1 Anzac Hwy (big black building cnr
Greenhill and Anzac Hwy) on Tues and Thurs at 6pm at times....not sure if
this is a summer only thing though.

hopefully of some help!
cheers
Scotty

"RideToEat" > wrote in message
> I know these posts get a bit boring, but I'm trying to find out about
> moderate-paced bunch rides around Adelaide. I'll be staying in North
> Adelaide for about a week.
>
> Are there any links to such info?
>

> --

Google