PDA

View Full Version : Small Boys Racer

P. Lynn Miller
September 16th 03, 11:19 PM
Does anyone know where I could find a small boys racer, built on 20" or 24"
wheels? I am looking for one for my 7 year old son, and the only small bikes
I can find are BMX or butchered MTB's, nothing in the line of a road bike.

I am thinking of having one built, thus the previous enquiry about
framebuilders.

Thank you

--

hippy
September 17th 03, 01:21 AM
"P. Lynn Miller" > wrote in message
> Does anyone know where I could find a small boys racer, built on 20"
or 24"
> wheels? I am looking for one for my 7 year old son, and the only small
bikes
> I can find are BMX or butchered MTB's, nothing in the line of a road
bike.

> I am thinking of having one built, thus the previous enquiry about
> framebuilders.

http://www.hillbrick.com.au/midgetracing.html

These guys do lots of track bikes but will probably do
whatever you want.

hth
hippy

hippy
September 17th 03, 01:21 AM
"P. Lynn Miller" > wrote in message
> Does anyone know where I could find a small boys racer, built on 20"
or 24"
> wheels? I am looking for one for my 7 year old son, and the only small
bikes
> I can find are BMX or butchered MTB's, nothing in the line of a road
bike.

> I am thinking of having one built, thus the previous enquiry about
> framebuilders.

http://www.hillbrick.com.au/midgetracing.html

These guys do lots of track bikes but will probably do
whatever you want.

hth
hippy

Arpit
September 18th 03, 11:03 AM
You sure he isnt gonna be disappointed when he cant ride down stairs
and do big skids like his friends? ;) guess not, when hes going twice
their speed :p

On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 08:19:39 +1000, "P. Lynn Miller"
> wrote:

>Does anyone know where I could find a small boys racer, built on 20" or 24"
>wheels? I am looking for one for my 7 year old son, and the only small bikes
>I can find are BMX or butchered MTB's, nothing in the line of a road bike.
>
>I am thinking of having one built, thus the previous enquiry about
>framebuilders.
>
>Thank you

Arpit
September 18th 03, 11:03 AM
You sure he isnt gonna be disappointed when he cant ride down stairs
and do big skids like his friends? ;) guess not, when hes going twice
their speed :p

On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 08:19:39 +1000, "P. Lynn Miller"
> wrote:

>Does anyone know where I could find a small boys racer, built on 20" or 24"
>wheels? I am looking for one for my 7 year old son, and the only small bikes
>I can find are BMX or butchered MTB's, nothing in the line of a road bike.
>
>I am thinking of having one built, thus the previous enquiry about
>framebuilders.
>
>Thank you

Southern Flyer
September 18th 03, 11:42 AM
"Arpit" > wrote in message ...
> You sure he isnt gonna be disappointed when he cant ride down stairs
> and do big skids like his friends? ;) guess not, when hes going twice
> their speed :p
>
> On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 08:19:39 +1000, "P. Lynn Miller"
> > wrote:
>
> >Does anyone know where I could find a small boys racer, built on 20" or 24"
> >wheels? I am looking for one for my 7 year old son, and the only small bikes
> >I can find are BMX or butchered MTB's, nothing in the line of a road bike.
> >
> >I am thinking of having one built, thus the previous enquiry about
> >framebuilders.
> >
> >Thank you

is that what he wants, or is that what you want? fwiw my now 14 year old rarely picks/ed
what i wanted or expected him to pick or like. his first real bike, well i wanted him to get a
beaut miniature tourer and he wanted this nasty looking thing with cartoon characters all
over it, which vaguely resembled a misguided bmx. being a wimp i got it for him. he
was happy until he outgrew it. next bike he picked was a 6 speed bmx. he outgrew that.
now at 14 he has a 24 sp atb. I am seriously liking his more than my trusty old lightweight
tourer!

Southern Flyer
September 18th 03, 11:42 AM
"Arpit" > wrote in message ...
> You sure he isnt gonna be disappointed when he cant ride down stairs
> and do big skids like his friends? ;) guess not, when hes going twice
> their speed :p
>
> On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 08:19:39 +1000, "P. Lynn Miller"
> > wrote:
>
> >Does anyone know where I could find a small boys racer, built on 20" or 24"
> >wheels? I am looking for one for my 7 year old son, and the only small bikes
> >I can find are BMX or butchered MTB's, nothing in the line of a road bike.
> >
> >I am thinking of having one built, thus the previous enquiry about
> >framebuilders.
> >
> >Thank you

is that what he wants, or is that what you want? fwiw my now 14 year old rarely picks/ed
what i wanted or expected him to pick or like. his first real bike, well i wanted him to get a
beaut miniature tourer and he wanted this nasty looking thing with cartoon characters all
over it, which vaguely resembled a misguided bmx. being a wimp i got it for him. he
was happy until he outgrew it. next bike he picked was a 6 speed bmx. he outgrew that.
now at 14 he has a 24 sp atb. I am seriously liking his more than my trusty old lightweight
tourer!

cfsmtb
September 19th 03, 07:37 AM
P. Lynn Miller wrote:
> Does anyone know where I could find a small boys racer, built on 20" or
> 24" wheels? I am looking for one for my 7 year old son, and the only
> small bikes I can find are BMX or butchered MTB's, nothing in the line
> of a road bike.
> I am thinking of having one built, thus the previous enquiry about
> framebuilders.
> Thank you
> --

I've got a pygmy road bike, he prefers to be known as Black Francis.
Wheel set - 24" rims,+ 1 & three eighths etc, 150mm cranks, 45/40 double
set. Group set is a ancient mix of Altus, Tourney & Suntour GT. With a
few adjustments, like a bmx seat post, touring bars, pannier rack & a
Benneton designed saddle (!!!).

Cool if you're short of height & leg. Wanna put a 53 tooth on it, but
three arm spiders seem to be rare these days. sigh.

Don't know the age or brand of frame, maybe 70's vintage from Europe.
Turns a few heads & I'm extremely fond of Francis.

--
it's all a creeping beige conspiracy

P. Lynn Miller wrote:
> Does anyone know where I could find a small boys racer, built on 20" or
> 24" wheels? I am looking for one for my 7 year old son, and the only
> small bikes I can find are BMX or butchered MTB's, nothing in the line
> of a road bike.
> I am thinking of having one built, thus the previous enquiry about
> framebuilders.
> Thank you
> --

I've got a pygmy road bike, he prefers to be known as Black Francis.
Wheel set - 24" rims,+ 1 & three eighths etc, 150mm cranks, 45/40 double
set. Group set is a ancient mix of Altus, Tourney & Suntour GT. With a
few adjustments, like a bmx seat post, touring bars, pannier rack & a
Benneton designed saddle (!!!).

Cool if you're short of height & leg. Wanna put a 53 tooth on it, but
three arm spiders seem to be rare these days. sigh.

Don't know the age or brand of frame, maybe 70's vintage from Europe.
Turns a few heads & I'm extremely fond of Francis.

--
it's all a creeping beige conspiracy

it's all a creeping beige conspiracy

cfsmtb
September 20th 03, 10:23 AM
cfsmtb wrote:
> & a Benneton designed saddle

aarrr! my hearties, it bein' International Talk Like A Pirate Day
yeestadaay, the spell check stuffed badly. Should be "Bentone". It's not
a knitted saddle.:rolleyes:

--

cfsmtb wrote:
> & a Benneton designed saddle

aarrr! my hearties, it bein' International Talk Like A Pirate Day
yeestadaay, the spell check stuffed badly. Should be "Bentone". It's not
a knitted saddle.:rolleyes:

--
it's all a creeping beige conspiracy

Google