PDA

View Full Version : Daylight Bright Bicycle Tail Light

Laurence Dodd
September 17th 03, 04:36 AM
If you are looking for an effective (very visible) tail-light I can
recommend this unit. I have been using one for a month and it works fine.
I did have trouble mounting it though. When I put it on the seat post its
width protrudes from beneath the seat so the back of my legs would touch it.
Instead I have it mounted via two smaller u-bolts on the seat rails right at
the back under the seat.

Cost $99 plus $8 postage, plus: $8 mounting plate and U-bolt (to fit
requested size), $8 adaptor plugpack = total $123.00

Below is the manufacturers ad:

-------------------

Daylight Bright Bicycle Tail Light

Cyclists can be put in the direct path of overtaking motor traffic by

chicanes, traffic islands, speed humps and the S-lane's disappearing

left hand lane.

In such situations cyclists are effectively denied on-road access unless

they are able to enter and occupy a lane when necessary. To do this,

cyclists need to be very visible from behind, both day and night.

The Daylight Bright tail light focuses the attention of approaching

traffic on the presence of the cyclist and identifies the cyclist as such.

Daylight Saving causes many commuter cyclists to travel at sunset. A

bright tail light makes cyclists more visible against the setting sun.

The Daylight Bright bicycle tail light stands out from a sea of

headlights, trafficators and other tail lights because of its brightness

and characteristic flash rate.

FEATURES:

Mega-bright:

Has by far the highest flash intensity of any bicycle tail light. Twenty

four high-power LEDS provide more than 600,000 mcd - as bright as a

traffic light. Easily visible at night at 1 km (on-axis).

Internal Rechargeable Batteries

Five internal 650mAh AAA rechargeable NiMH batteries operate the light

for 6 hours in full flash mode or 12 hours in alternating flash mode.

Built-in recharging Circuit:

Any 9 to 24 volt plugpack will power the internal constant-current

recharging circuit to recharge the batteries overnight. A suitable

plugpack is available separately. The light is designed to be recharged

in situ - it is not necessary to remove it from the bike.

A green recharging indicator LED shows when recharging is taking place.
Water resistant design: The light uses a waterproof case with neoprene
sealing gasket between

the transparent lid and the tough ABS body. The batteries are soldered

in place - no contacts to corrode and prevent the light from operating.

Mounting:

The light should be firmly mounted on the bicycle to point directly

backwards. The case dimensions are 115x65x40 mm with two 4mm mounting

holes located outside the sealed volume.

Mounting requirements vary widely depending where the light is to be

attached. A dual-purpose mounting kit, for seat post or backstay

mounting, is available from the manufacturer.

MANUFACTURED BY:

WMH Electronics Pty Ltd

ABN 19 101 848 435

Ph/Fax: 9569-4956 (H)