PDA

View Full Version : Most expensive bike?

David S. Maddison
September 17th 03, 05:37 AM
What is the most expensive bike you have heard about?

David

dyno
September 17th 03, 10:16 AM
$185k USD .. doesnt even come with pedals
http://marineturbine.com/superbike/default.htm

"David S. Maddison" > wrote in message

> What is the most expensive bike you have heard about?
>
> David

dyno
September 17th 03, 10:16 AM
$185k USD .. doesnt even come with pedals
http://marineturbine.com/superbike/default.htm

"David S. Maddison" > wrote in message

> What is the most expensive bike you have heard about?
>
> David

NickZX6R
September 17th 03, 12:55 PM
David S. Maddison > wrote:

> What is the most expensive bike you have heard about?

> David

In recent memory there was the Bianchi Ducati Corse which I think
was around $15K, but I can't remember if that was AUD. May have actually
been USD.

But in that case price doesn't reflect quality. It reflects the willingness
of buyers to pay that much and/or the level of profit desired by the
manufacturer/seller.

--
Nick

NickZX6R
September 17th 03, 12:55 PM
David S. Maddison > wrote:

> What is the most expensive bike you have heard about?

> David

In recent memory there was the Bianchi Ducati Corse which I think
was around $15K, but I can't remember if that was AUD. May have actually
been USD.

But in that case price doesn't reflect quality. It reflects the willingness
of buyers to pay that much and/or the level of profit desired by the
manufacturer/seller.

--
Nick

hippy
September 17th 03, 02:05 PM
"David S. Maddison" > wrote in message

> What is the most expensive bike you have heard about?

My mate showed me a $30, 000USD _FRAME_ once...
Made of Beryllium I think... <googling>
200x the price of aluminium and its dust can kill you!

http://www.ihpva.org/pipermail/trikes/2000q2/001920.html
http://www2.sjsu.edu/orgs/asmtms/artcle/final.htm

hippy

hippy
September 17th 03, 02:05 PM
"David S. Maddison" > wrote in message

> What is the most expensive bike you have heard about?

My mate showed me a $30, 000USD _FRAME_ once...
Made of Beryllium I think... <googling>
200x the price of aluminium and its dust can kill you!

http://www.ihpva.org/pipermail/trikes/2000q2/001920.html
http://www2.sjsu.edu/orgs/asmtms/artcle/final.htm

hippy

SM
September 17th 03, 02:31 PM
Not the 'most' expensive but a bloody lot of money is the new Limited
Edition Trek Madone for $13,000.00...
http://www.chainreaction.com/lancespecial03madone.htm

"David S. Maddison" > wrote in message

> What is the most expensive bike you have heard about?
>
> David

SM
September 17th 03, 02:31 PM
Not the 'most' expensive but a bloody lot of money is the new Limited
Edition Trek Madone for $13,000.00...
http://www.chainreaction.com/lancespecial03madone.htm

"David S. Maddison" > wrote in message

> What is the most expensive bike you have heard about?
>
> David

rickster
September 18th 03, 12:25 AM
"David S. Maddison" > wrote in message >...
> What is the most expensive bike you have heard about?
>
> David

Posted thisa few weeks bakc. O'Grady's 1997 TdF bike for AU $ 29,500
at Trak cycles in Southland, Melbourne

rickster
September 18th 03, 12:25 AM
"David S. Maddison" > wrote in message >...
> What is the most expensive bike you have heard about?
>
> David

Posted thisa few weeks bakc. O'Grady's 1997 TdF bike for AU $ 29,500
at Trak cycles in Southland, Melbourne

hippy
September 18th 03, 04:16 AM
"rickster" > wrote in message
om...
> Posted thisa few weeks bakc. O'Grady's 1997 TdF bike for AU $ 29,500
> at Trak cycles in Southland, Melbourne

What is the most expensive non-limited edition,
non-special edition, standard "production" bike
out there?

Oh, by the way..
My Peugeot is on sale.
You can have it for, um..
$30 billion

hippy
- do i win?
- no points for $30bil + $1, etc. either :-P

hippy
September 18th 03, 04:16 AM
"rickster" > wrote in message
om...
> Posted thisa few weeks bakc. O'Grady's 1997 TdF bike for AU $ 29,500
> at Trak cycles in Southland, Melbourne

What is the most expensive non-limited edition,
non-special edition, standard "production" bike
out there?

Oh, by the way..
My Peugeot is on sale.
You can have it for, um..
$30 billion

hippy
- do i win?
- no points for $30bil + $1, etc. either :-P

Tim Jones
September 18th 03, 01:26 PM
"hippy" > wrote in message
> "rickster" > wrote in message
> om...
> > Posted thisa few weeks bakc. O'Grady's 1997 TdF bike for AU $ 29,500
> > at Trak cycles in Southland, Melbourne
>
> What is the most expensive non-limited edition,
> non-special edition, standard "production" bike
> out there?
>
> Oh, by the way..
> My Peugeot is on sale.
> You can have it for, um..
> $30 billion
>
> hippy
> - do i win?
> - no points for $30bil + $1, etc. either :-P

I had a Peugot for quite a while - great bike. Totalled it by riding down St
Kilda rd in torrential rain. The council kindly put a barrier across the
cycling lane with no lights.

Look up... Head out of the rain... Look up... Head out of the rain... Loo...
Sssshhh!!!!!ttttttt!!!!!!

Hit it with my road bike, bent the front wheel in half, the frame had
crumple zones, broke the wooden barrier in two. Flipped over the front of
the bike and landed on my arse!

Tim

Tim Jones
September 18th 03, 01:26 PM
"hippy" > wrote in message
> "rickster" > wrote in message
> om...
> > Posted thisa few weeks bakc. O'Grady's 1997 TdF bike for AU $ 29,500
> > at Trak cycles in Southland, Melbourne
>
> What is the most expensive non-limited edition,
> non-special edition, standard "production" bike
> out there?
>
> Oh, by the way..
> My Peugeot is on sale.
> You can have it for, um..
> $30 billion
>
> hippy
> - do i win?
> - no points for $30bil + $1, etc. either :-P

I had a Peugot for quite a while - great bike. Totalled it by riding down St
Kilda rd in torrential rain. The council kindly put a barrier across the
cycling lane with no lights.

Look up... Head out of the rain... Look up... Head out of the rain... Loo...
Sssshhh!!!!!ttttttt!!!!!!

Hit it with my road bike, bent the front wheel in half, the frame had
crumple zones, broke the wooden barrier in two. Flipped over the front of
the bike and landed on my arse!

Tim

hippy
September 18th 03, 03:12 PM
"Tim Jones" > wrote in message
> Hit it with my road bike, bent the front wheel in half, the frame had
> crumple zones, broke the wooden barrier in two. Flipped over the front of
> the bike and landed on my arse!

Ooooh.. nasty! Gee, if it's not cars gettin' in our way....

Don't wanna buy mine for >$30kUSD so I can claim to have
owned the most expensive bike? Mmm new Cervelo... ;-)

hippy

hippy
September 18th 03, 03:12 PM
"Tim Jones" > wrote in message
> Hit it with my road bike, bent the front wheel in half, the frame had
> crumple zones, broke the wooden barrier in two. Flipped over the front of
> the bike and landed on my arse!

Ooooh.. nasty! Gee, if it's not cars gettin' in our way....

Don't wanna buy mine for >$30kUSD so I can claim to have
owned the most expensive bike? Mmm new Cervelo... ;-)

hippy

karma_2120
September 18th 03, 09:03 PM
$12,000
itlian one..

"David S. Maddison" > wrote in message

> What is the most expensive bike you have heard about?
>
> David

karma_2120
September 18th 03, 09:03 PM
$12,000
itlian one..

"David S. Maddison" > wrote in message

> What is the most expensive bike you have heard about?
>
> David

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home