PDA

View Full Version : Urghhh... New Mavic rim models!!!!

Slacker
December 5th 03, 03:53 AM
So, which is which? I know Mavic didn't re-tool everything, probably just
changed the model numbers for some stupid reason!

http://www.supergo.com/specialty_shops_itemlist.cfm?lsubcat_id=7567&lcat_id=7604&lstore_id=13

--
Slacker

Paladin
December 5th 03, 05:28 AM
Slacker wrote:

> So, which is which? I know Mavic didn't re-tool everything, probably just
> changed the model numbers for some stupid reason!
>
> http://www.supergo.com/specialty_shops_itemlist.cfm?lsubcat_id=7567&lcat_id=7604&lstore_id=13
>
> --
> Slacker

The so-called new "Crossland" looks just like the Crosslink, did which
happened to look just like its earlier incarnation, the Crossride.
Which isn't a bad wheel, btw, I have one on the front of my red bike.
But it takes a phd with continuing ed to keep up with those frogs, anyway.

Paladin

Per Elmsäter
December 5th 03, 11:57 AM
Slacker wrote:
> So, which is which? I know Mavic didn't re-tool everything, probably
> just changed the model numbers for some stupid reason!

http://www.supergo.com/specialty_shops_itemlist.cfm?lsubcat_id=7567&lcat_id=
7604&lstore_id=13

When I ordered my new XM819 UST rims I received the old X3.1 UST rim. I
called the dealer and they assured me it was the same rim.

--
Perre

Michael Dart
December 5th 03, 12:20 PM
"Slacker" > wrote in message
> So, which is which? I know Mavic didn't re-tool everything, probably just
> changed the model numbers for some stupid reason!

http://www.supergo.com/specialty_shops_itemlist.cfm?lsubcat_id=7567&lcat_id=
7604&lstore_id=13

> --
> Slacker

Looks like EX 729 is the new rim for us. ;^)

But why won't Mavic put the ERD on their website?!!

Mike

spademan o---[\) *
December 5th 03, 02:29 PM
"Michael Dart" > wrote in message

> "Slacker" > wrote in message
> > So, which is which? I know Mavic didn't re-tool everything, probably
just
> > changed the model numbers for some stupid reason!

http://www.supergo.com/specialty_shops_itemlist.cfm?lsubcat_id=7567&lcat_id=
> 7604&lstore_id=13
> >
> > --
> > Slacker
> >

> Looks like EX 729 is the new rim for us. ;^)
>
> But why won't Mavic put the ERD on their website?!!

Maybe they use an object oriented approch?

Steve.

Selwonk
December 5th 03, 06:03 PM
"Per Elmsäter" > wrote in message
> Slacker wrote:
> > So, which is which? I know Mavic didn't re-tool everything, probably
> > just changed the model numbers for some stupid reason!

http://www.supergo.com/specialty_shops_itemlist.cfm?lsubcat_id=7567&lcat_id=
> 7604&lstore_id=13
>
> When I ordered my new XM819 UST rims I received the old X3.1 UST rim. I
> called the dealer and they assured me it was the same rim.

<cynic>Saves them having to sell it off as new old stock at a discount.

KLydesdale
December 6th 03, 11:19 PM
"Slacker" > wrote in message
> So, which is which? I know Mavic didn't re-tool everything, probably just
> changed the model numbers for some stupid reason!

http://www.supergo.com/specialty_shops_itemlist.cfm?lsubcat_id=7567&lcat_id=
7604&lstore_id=13

> --

Check www.pricepoint.com. They list the 2004 rims and the rims they
replaced.

KLydesdale
December 6th 03, 11:24 PM
"Selwonk" > wrote in message
> "Per Elmsäter" > wrote in message
> > Slacker wrote:
> > > So, which is which? I know Mavic didn't re-tool everything, probably
> > > just changed the model numbers for some stupid reason!

http://www.supergo.com/specialty_shops_itemlist.cfm?lsubcat_id=7567&lcat_id=
> > 7604&lstore_id=13
> >
> > When I ordered my new XM819 UST rims I received the old X3.1 UST rim. I
> > called the dealer and they assured me it was the same rim.
> >
> <cynic>Saves them having to sell it off as new old stock at a discount.

Someone must not have told Pricepoint that. They sure seem to be
discounting the pre-2004 models.

December 7th 03, 09:04 AM
Mavic now has a no questions asked, replacement on
their highend rims.

Fire up MTB 03

Reco Diver
December 9th 03, 03:33 PM
wrote in message >...
> Mavic now has a no questions asked, replacement on
> their highend rims.
>
> Fire up MTB 03

Mavic's MP3 covers their "highend" wheels, and it is far from "no
questions asked." Not to mention that you have to buy the "Mavic
product protection plan" at the time that you purchase the wheel.

The "warranty" does not cover "normal wear and tear or damage
resulting from shipment,storage, failure to follow the user's guide
and/or recommendations for use, improper assembly or assembly with
incompatible products, poor maintenance, misuse, modification or
alteration of the product."

More hype from Idoux and Chanel

Sorni
December 9th 03, 05:46 PM
"Chris Phillipo" > wrote in message
.. .
> In article >,
> says...
> > wrote in message
> > > Mavic now has a no questions asked, replacement on
> > > their highend rims.
> > >
> > > Fire up MTB 03
> >
> > Mavic's MP3 covers their "highend" wheels, and it is far from "no
> > questions asked." Not to mention that you have to buy the "Mavic
> > product protection plan" at the time that you purchase the wheel.
> >
> > The "warranty" does not cover "normal wear and tear or damage
> > resulting from shipment,storage, failure to follow the user's guide
> > and/or recommendations for use, improper assembly or assembly with
> > incompatible products, poor maintenance, misuse, modification or
> > alteration of the product."
> >
> > More hype from Idoux and Chanel

> I sent a Crossmax back that the spoke had pulled out of, there was only
> one question asked. "How will you be paying, sir?"

I had a spoke pull out of my rear Crossmax (XL), and took it back to the
place I bought it. Guy fixed it while I waited, no charge.

No problems since, not even minor truing...

Bill "good thing, too, 'cuz I don't know HOW to true these babies" S.

Sorni
December 9th 03, 07:51 PM
"Chris Phillipo" > wrote in message
.. .
> In article >, sorni@bite-
> me.san.rr.com says...
> > "Chris Phillipo" > wrote in message
> > .. .

> > > I sent a Crossmax back that the spoke had pulled out of, there was
only
> > > one question asked. "How will you be paying, sir?"
> >
> > I had a spoke pull out of my rear Crossmax (XL), and took it back to the
> > place I bought it. Guy fixed it while I waited, no charge.
> >
> > No problems since, not even minor truing...
> >
> > Bill "good thing, too, 'cuz I don't know HOW to true these babies" S.
> >

> I guess youi mean backed out, as in unscrewed where as I mean pulled out
> and in violently ripped :) It required a new rim. I tried to built it
> myself, what a nightmare. You learn to turn a spoke a certain direction
> and you do that for 15 years, then this thing comes along.

Oh, mine sort of "popped out", where the nub fits the slot at the hub. (Hub
nub!)

Thought the spoke had broke (just keeping with tone here), but it hadn't.

Bill "would be unhappy, too, if mine had done what yours did" S.

Slacker
December 10th 03, 03:00 AM
> > > Mavic now has a no questions asked, replacement on
> > > their highend rims.
> > >

> I sent a Crossmax back that the spoke had pulled out of, there was only
> one question asked. "How will you be paying, sir?"
> --
> Chris Phillipo - Cape Breton, Nova Scotia

Lol
--
Slacker

Google