PDA

View Full Version : Re: A shop that builds/repairs Titanium Frames? Can you recommend somewhere?

Richard Goodman
September 15th 03, 11:33 PM
"Me" > wrote in message ...
> Quick question, anyone know of where in the UK I can find someone to weld
> some disc brake mounts on to my titanium mtb frame? I'm also thinking
about
> asking for rack and mudguard eyelets as well.
>
> I live in oxfordshire but would be willing to travel to find someone who
can
> do this. -yes, I know I can buy clamp on adapters, but I wanna make a
solid
> / lightweight connection.
>
> Any recommendations?

No, but if you find out I'd be interested to know too....

Rich

the Baker-Bealls
September 16th 03, 11:20 AM
"Me" > wrote in message ...
> Quick question, anyone know of where in the UK I can find someone to weld
> some disc brake mounts on to my titanium mtb frame? I'm also thinking
about
> asking for rack and mudguard eyelets as well.
>
> I live in oxfordshire but would be willing to travel to find someone who
can
> do this. -yes, I know I can buy clamp on adapters, but I wanna make a
solid
> / lightweight connection.
>
> Any recommendations?
>
> cheers

You could try Omega cycles in Brighton, they do off the peg and made to
measure titanium frames. I do know they don't like "braze-ons" in areas of
maximum stress, for their own frames they use a band-on front derailleur for
just that reason so you may find rack mounts OK but disc mounts not
adviasble - this is assuming your forks are titanium, it is not unusual to
have a titanium frame with quality steel forks.
Anyway their contact details are UK office and showrooms
9 Bristol Road, first floor, Kemp Town, Brighton, BN2 1AP
Tel: 01273 691520 Fax: 01273 688680
email :
website: www.omegacycleworks.com
HTH
Julia

905
September 16th 03, 01:43 PM
"Me" > wrote in message >...
> Quick question, anyone know of where in the UK I can find someone to weld
> some disc brake mounts on to my titanium mtb frame? I'm also thinking about
> asking for rack and mudguard eyelets as well.
>
> I live in oxfordshire but would be willing to travel to find someone who can
> do this. -yes, I know I can buy clamp on adapters, but I wanna make a solid
> / lightweight connection.
>
> Any recommendations?
>
> cheers

Possibly... Omega, on the SE outskirts of London: (01322) 660451.

Me
September 16th 03, 09:39 PM
Cool, I've just emailed Omega and I'm waiting their response. I'll post the
answers...

By the way, I just wanted to add disc mounts to the frame as I have a
rockshox on the front...

later

"905" > wrote in message
om...
> "Me" > wrote in message
> > Quick question, anyone know of where in the UK I can find someone to
weld
> > some disc brake mounts on to my titanium mtb frame? I'm also thinking
about
> > asking for rack and mudguard eyelets as well.
> >
> > I live in oxfordshire but would be willing to travel to find someone who
can
> > do this. -yes, I know I can buy clamp on adapters, but I wanna make a
solid
> > / lightweight connection.
> >
> > Any recommendations?
> >
> > cheers
>
> Possibly... Omega, on the SE outskirts of London: (01322) 660451.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home