PDA

View Full Version : BONK.

Simonb
September 28th 03, 08:12 PM
It's conker season.

Be careful out there.

Simonb
(Yes, a conker landed on my head today. I was not wearing a helmet. I was
not riding my bike, either.)

MSA
September 28th 03, 09:38 PM
"Simonb" <sbennettatwiderworlddotcodotuk> wrote in message
. ..
> It's conker season.
>
> Be careful out there.
>
> Simonb
> (Yes, a conker landed on my head today. I was not wearing a helmet. I was
> not riding my bike, either.)

Ah, a feeble attempt to start yet another helmet thread. Now we can discuss
the virtues of wearing a cycle helmet when WALKING to the shops :-)

--
Mark (MSA)

Bike shop assistant...
"We couldn't repair your brakes, so we made your horn louder"!

MSA
September 28th 03, 09:38 PM
"Simonb" <sbennettatwiderworlddotcodotuk> wrote in message
. ..
> It's conker season.
>
> Be careful out there.
>
> Simonb
> (Yes, a conker landed on my head today. I was not wearing a helmet. I was
> not riding my bike, either.)

Ah, a feeble attempt to start yet another helmet thread. Now we can discuss
the virtues of wearing a cycle helmet when WALKING to the shops :-)

--
Mark (MSA)

Bike shop assistant...
"We couldn't repair your brakes, so we made your horn louder"!

Ian
September 28th 03, 10:08 PM
MSA must be edykated coz e writed:

> Ah, a feeble attempt to start yet another helmet thread. Now we can discuss
> the virtues of wearing a cycle helmet when WALKING to the shops :-)
>

> --
> Mark (MSA)
>
> Bike shop assistant...
> "We couldn't repair your brakes, so we made your horn louder"!

Ah helmetsssssssss.

--
Ian

http://www.catrike.co.uk

Ian
September 28th 03, 10:08 PM
MSA must be edykated coz e writed:

> Ah, a feeble attempt to start yet another helmet thread. Now we can discuss
> the virtues of wearing a cycle helmet when WALKING to the shops :-)
>

> --
> Mark (MSA)
>
> Bike shop assistant...
> "We couldn't repair your brakes, so we made your horn louder"!

Ah helmetsssssssss.

--
Ian

http://www.catrike.co.uk

Andy
September 28th 03, 10:29 PM
"MSA" > wrote in message

> "Simonb" <sbennettatwiderworlddotcodotuk> wrote in message
> . ..
> > It's conker season.
> >
> > Be careful out there.
> >
> > Simonb
> > (Yes, a conker landed on my head today. I was not wearing a helmet. I
was
> > not riding my bike, either.)
> >

> Ah, a feeble attempt to start yet another helmet thread. Now we can
discuss
> the virtues of wearing a cycle helmet when WALKING to the shops :-)
>

> --

If I walked to the shops at about 20mph then I might well do just that.

Andy
September 28th 03, 10:29 PM
"MSA" > wrote in message

> "Simonb" <sbennettatwiderworlddotcodotuk> wrote in message
> . ..
> > It's conker season.
> >
> > Be careful out there.
> >
> > Simonb
> > (Yes, a conker landed on my head today. I was not wearing a helmet. I
was
> > not riding my bike, either.)
> >

> Ah, a feeble attempt to start yet another helmet thread. Now we can
discuss
> the virtues of wearing a cycle helmet when WALKING to the shops :-)
>

> --

If I walked to the shops at about 20mph then I might well do just that.

Roger Barker
September 29th 03, 12:23 PM
In article >, Simonb
<sbennettatwiderworlddotcodotuk@?.?> writes
>It's conker season.
>
>Be careful out there.
>
>Simonb
>(Yes, a conker landed on my head today. I was not wearing a helmet. I was
>not riding my bike, either.)

It was raining conkers on some parts of my ride last Sunday. (Mainly the
parts that passed under horse chestnut trees...) I've never seen so
many. Some of the roads were carpeted with conkers and broken cases.
(Mainly the roads under horse chestnut trees...) I've always wondered
what exactly a cycle helmet would protect me from, and now I know -
those spiky cases hurt!

--
Roger Barker
Boston, UK

Roger Barker
September 29th 03, 12:23 PM
In article >, Simonb
<sbennettatwiderworlddotcodotuk@?.?> writes
>It's conker season.
>
>Be careful out there.
>
>Simonb
>(Yes, a conker landed on my head today. I was not wearing a helmet. I was
>not riding my bike, either.)

It was raining conkers on some parts of my ride last Sunday. (Mainly the
parts that passed under horse chestnut trees...) I've never seen so
many. Some of the roads were carpeted with conkers and broken cases.
(Mainly the roads under horse chestnut trees...) I've always wondered
what exactly a cycle helmet would protect me from, and now I know -
those spiky cases hurt!

--
Roger Barker
Boston, UK

Marc
September 30th 03, 03:31 AM
Andy > wrote:

> > Ah, a feeble attempt to start yet another helmet thread. Now we can
> discuss
> > the virtues of wearing a cycle helmet when WALKING to the shops :-)
> >

> > --
>
> If I walked to the shops at about 20mph then I might well do just that.

If you did it would be pointless wearing the helmet , they are only
designed for impacts up to 12mph.

Marc
September 30th 03, 03:31 AM
Andy > wrote:

> > Ah, a feeble attempt to start yet another helmet thread. Now we can
> discuss
> > the virtues of wearing a cycle helmet when WALKING to the shops :-)
> >

> > --
>
> If I walked to the shops at about 20mph then I might well do just that.

If you did it would be pointless wearing the helmet , they are only
designed for impacts up to 12mph.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home