PDA

View Full Version : Where's Doobrie?

Doesnotcompute
September 29th 03, 01:56 AM
By my reckoning he should have been back a week or so ago....

Surely it isn't only me who walks in from wherever I've been and logs on
(if PC has been logged off!) and checks mail/news immediately before
doing anything much else?

--
Dnc
VS800

David E. Belcher
September 29th 03, 12:05 PM
Doesnotcompute > wrote in message >...
> By my reckoning he should have been back a week or so ago....
>
> Surely it isn't only me who walks in from wherever I've been and logs on
> (if PC has been logged off!) and checks mail/news immediately before
> doing anything much else?

Speaking of people who seem to have been away from the NG for a while
(i.e. me!), it's nice to be back! I've been away for a good while
finishing off my PhD thesis, but now have some spare time on my hands,
which makes a pleasant change. As this is a cycling group, I suppose
there are certain analogies with the TdF; having put the mountains
(writing-up process) behind me, there's only a final time trial (viva
voce exam) to get out of the way before the run-in to Paris
(graduation/booze-up) - and I hope the team mechanics (binding
service) do their job well!
Unfortunately, I seem to have spent large chunks of the summer sat on
a swivel chair in front of a PC, so am probably hopelessly unfit by
now. Not sure what my hopes are of getting back into shape in order to
do something meaningful with the current 'cross season :-(

Regards,
David E. Belcher

David E. Belcher
September 29th 03, 12:05 PM
Doesnotcompute > wrote in message >...
> By my reckoning he should have been back a week or so ago....
>
> Surely it isn't only me who walks in from wherever I've been and logs on
> (if PC has been logged off!) and checks mail/news immediately before
> doing anything much else?

Speaking of people who seem to have been away from the NG for a while
(i.e. me!), it's nice to be back! I've been away for a good while
finishing off my PhD thesis, but now have some spare time on my hands,
which makes a pleasant change. As this is a cycling group, I suppose
there are certain analogies with the TdF; having put the mountains
(writing-up process) behind me, there's only a final time trial (viva
voce exam) to get out of the way before the run-in to Paris
(graduation/booze-up) - and I hope the team mechanics (binding
service) do their job well!
Unfortunately, I seem to have spent large chunks of the summer sat on
a swivel chair in front of a PC, so am probably hopelessly unfit by
now. Not sure what my hopes are of getting back into shape in order to
do something meaningful with the current 'cross season :-(

Regards,
David E. Belcher

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home